Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Politically speaking, areas in the Eastern half of the country tended to move towards Trump together.

This map compares Trump's vote percentage against Romney's. (Not their margin, which was effected by voters going to third parties and the like)

Lots of "conservative" areas in the West had a net loss for Trump, while many "liberal" areas in the East showed a net movement towards Trump. So Wyoming moved away from Trump while Rhode Island moved towards him.

I think that there is a commonality in culture between Rhode Island and Wisconsin, marked by those areas being parochial and resistant to change, that is prime territory for Trump to convert people there. Westerners in conservative areas went against the tide because they could perceive Trump as a coddled product of an East Coast culture that is afraid of change.

ETA a dog: here, to appease Easterners, I have the Louisiana Tech Bulldog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

glowing-fish posted:

Politically speaking, areas in the Eastern half of the country tended to move towards Trump together.

This map compares Trump's vote percentage against Romney's. (Not their margin, which was effected by voters going to third parties and the like)

Lots of "conservative" areas in the West had a net loss for Trump, while many "liberal" areas in the East showed a net movement towards Trump. So Wyoming moved away from Trump while Rhode Island moved towards him.

I think that there is a commonality in culture between Rhode Island and Wisconsin, marked by those areas being parochial and resistant to change, that is prime territory for Trump to convert people there. Westerners in conservative areas went against the tide because they could perceive Trump as a coddled product of an East Coast culture that is afraid of change.

on the other hand: fffffffaaaaaaarrrrrrrttttttttt

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Is this a joke? Should I get it?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

please be true

let the Republican candidate have attacked a random person the day before an election

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

But the people in the East really have no idea that there is a larger world than the world between NYC and exurban Indiana. To them, it is a gigantic difference. To the rest of us, all those areas are basically the same: no good burritos, and cannabis is illegal.

Dude, you've been wrong on very many points so far and people a lot more knowledgeable than me have corrected you, but I still have two things to say:

1) as a Brit I can safely say that no-one thinks that NYC and Toledo are the loving same (especially since 95% of people won't have heard of Toledo but they know NYC is a really loving big city)

2) if you don't think you can get a good burrito in New York loving City then you're loving insane.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Please let there be video

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Lmao.

I hope he had some archbishops hanging out with them for the reaction shot

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/867376122954211331

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

glowing-fish posted:

I think that there is a commonality in culture between Rhode Island and Wisconsin,

jesus christ

Well, thank you for solving sociology by making conjecture based on a hyperspecific graph about voter shifts over four years

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Julio Cruz posted:

2) if you don't think you can get a good burrito in New York loving City then you're loving insane.

If you don't gently caress with one of those big-rear end Benny's Burritos in the west village, then I can't know you

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

Is this a joke? Should I get it?

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/867518798542360576

Apparently not?? Who the the gently caress knows anymore.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

What a world we live in, where I am not entirely sure if he is joking or not.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

They just won't hold any.

Mine hasn't since she held office

And I'm very pleased the Dems may actually fund us as Vulnerable seat this time. Get out on your rear end Walorski, you are the worst

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

uh, so from that still shot - do the people in charge of making Trump look "good" not do any work on the side of his head? the preview image he looks like a decade older

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

glowing-fish posted:

That lovely bad map still disproves your point. Look at all the heterogeneity amongst eastern states.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

glowing-fish posted:

ETA a dog: here, to appease Easterners, I have the Louisiana Tech Bulldog.

No election talk NO ELECTION TALK

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/867519689252929540

Maybe he'll get arrested before the vote. :v:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
If this passes I would expect to see a lot of suicide attacks aimed at those who voted for it, if you're going to die anyway what's stopping you?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
He needs to press charges today. Don't wait until after the election.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

e: My av is the face I make when I read stuff like this.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Phoix posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/867518798542360576

Apparently not?? Who the the gently caress knows anymore.

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/867519847101587456

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I wish I was more confident that body slamming a journalist would be a net negative for a Montana politician.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

hanales posted:

I'm gonna be honest and say no matter how bizarre and salacious this is, it barely makes me flinch in this new normalised world of WWE politics

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I'm giggling like crazy that Gianforte just assaulted a journalist. Like, politicians literally attacking the press is a great step toward fascism, but in the moment I can't stop laughing.

Edit: my god, if he got arrested for assault on election night. . .

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

is it possible to serve office from jail?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

how to lose an election:

1. hold fundraisers in dc instead of meeting with constituents
2. try to sue the state to block hikers from using a river near your property
3. assault a reporter a day before the election

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Montana is a weird East Coast state. This may help him depending on the audio.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

AriadneThread posted:

Ask Eugene Debs

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Covok posted:

I don't blame you for not knowing about Binghamton. I went to college there and it sucked. Dead rear end town. Nothing much to do there outside the college and the bars.

as someone who also went to college there

there exactly 3 things notable about Binghamton

Carousels
IBM
Rod Serling

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

AriadneThread posted:

Eugene Debs ran for president from jail, and many, many people have said that Greg Gianforte is like the modern-day Eugene Debs.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Francis with the subtle dig by mentioning just one thing about Slovenia to show up Trump who has undoubtedly never learned anything about Melania's country.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Seems like it actually happened and we'll have evidence soon.

Please dear god let this Matter.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I always have a hard time not thinking of a body slam as a frog splash, which always makes the mental images funnier.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

QuoProQuid posted:

how to lose an election:

1. hold fundraisers in dc instead of meeting with constituents
2. try to sue the state to block hikers from using a river near your property
3. assault a reporter a day before the election

Maybe he's trying to create a reason he loses that isn't the CBO or something.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Lote posted:

Montana is a weird East Coast state. This may help him depending on the audio.

Did he body slam him into the salty ocean water? Crucial details missing from story.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

hanales posted:

Wait this actually happened? Good god, satire really is dead

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I'm curious if it was actually a bodyslam or if it was perhaps a sidewalk slam or spinebuster. The general public is quite poor at knowing the difference between legitimate wrestling holds these days.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

twice burned ice posted:

Seems like it actually happened and we'll have evidence soon.

Please dear god let this Matter.

my body can't take another week of multi scandal evenings every day

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

TildeATH posted:

Francis with the subtle dig by mentioning just one thing about Slovenia to show up Trump who has undoubtedly never learned anything about Melania's country.

There was an article about how he's only visited Slovenia once (only one evening!) and told friends that he did it "just to say that he went".

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Traficant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Gianforte just assaulted a journalist :stare:

Hell of a last day surprise

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/867517225820966912

• Locked thread