Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
burn it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

Dumbass privates can fill out paperwork better than this doofus? Well, I'll be damned!

To be fair it's a lot easier to fill out if you're from bumfuck, AL and have only worked at a grocery store before the army.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mike-o posted:

Maine chat: my best friend and army buddy is from Maine. I'd love to move there to be able to hang out with him all the time. Just chill out doing Dad things together, hunting fishing shooting guns and drinking beer. Like no poo poo just going to his place makes me feel calm from all my sadbrains bullshit. Next time I'm out there I'm gonna twist his arm to go camping in the Allagash wilderness and go hike Mt Katahdin. Trying to figure out what I should take him to do when him and his wife come visit me in Washington this summer. Most definitely Rainier and St Helens.

Man now you're making me want to go camping, I haven't gone since I was in Scouts as a kid.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike-o posted:

Maine chat: my best friend and army buddy is from Maine. I'd love to move there to be able to hang out with him all the time. Just chill out doing Dad things together, hunting fishing shooting guns and drinking beer. Like no poo poo just going to his place makes me feel calm from all my sadbrains bullshit. Next time I'm out there I'm gonna twist his arm to go camping in the Allagash wilderness and go hike Mt Katahdin. Trying to figure out what I should take him to do when him and his wife come visit me in Washington this summer. Most definitely Rainier and St Helens.

Yo you should go hang with your mate. Goddamn I want to go back.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

The loving AG can't fill out an SF-86 and still gets a job meanwhile I fill out an SF-86 fine and my clearance still takes 13 months. what the poo poo
Edit: I'm going to Mt. Washington this weekend, please let armaggedon happen while I'm there instead of Albany.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Truck plows into Delaware company AnalTech, releasing odor that leads to HazMat situation

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That sure is a headline.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So with all the TBI addled heads still in the military, what happens when they inevitably gently caress up their SF-86? Is TBI a mitigating thing for mistakes? That sounds fair, but doesn't sound good.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

In an email sent to the Houston Chronicle, a spokesperson revealed, "In 1964, the company paid a marketing firm to come up with a different name. They said, 'Well, you guys do Analytical Technology – why don’t you put the two words together and call it ‘AnalTech!' ”

However, the spokesperson admitted that "AnalTech faces certain challenges because of the 'juvenile' humor that has developed in the past few decades and current web filters that may block the company name" and has considered rebranding as a result.

This is the real news in that article. Wowzers :captainpop:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KildarX posted:

This is the real news in that article. Wowzers :captainpop:

And it's actually real. I keep expecting it to be a gag on some level.
http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2009/01/should-analtech-change-its-name/
http://www.ichromatography.com/

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The other real tragedy is some Lube or Dildo company is out of a really good name.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

quote:

They said, 'Well, you guys do Analytical Technology – why don’t you put the two words together and call it ‘AnalTech!' ”

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
At least he's not a full-on rapist.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Naked Bear posted:

https://youtu.be/NHxW4lztFTg

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

Yo you should go hang with your mate. Goddamn I want to go back.

Whenever I can I'm gonna head back to Maine after he visits me this summer. The only thing I hate about going to Maine is landing in Newark or Laguardia for a connecting flight :suicide:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Mike-o posted:

Whenever I can I'm gonna head back to Maine after he visits me this summer. The only thing I hate about going to Maine is landing in Newark or Laguardia for a connecting flight :suicide:

Fly into Logan and take the bus or train up to where you're going, that's if you've got transportation once you get up this way.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mike-o posted:

Newark Airport. The only place in my life I've ever been hit up for a bribe.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/867520342767656961

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/867519689252929540

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhoH4v8xYlU

SwampDonkey fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 25, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Tomorrow is the Montana Special Election.

The Republican just bodyslammed a very reputable reporter and broke his glasses. Police involved, local TV crew was there.
(timelined above, welp)

Confirmation of police report from local crime reporter: https://twitter.com/wabermes/status/867518942939664384

I bet this was during a gaggle or something because there's a buzzfeed reporter witness https://twitter.com/alexis_levinson/status/867522985086910464

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 25, 2017

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Naked Bear posted:

Philanthropist

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Tomorrow is the Montana Special Election.

The Republican just bodyslammed a very reputable reporter and broke his glasses. Police involved, local TV crew was there.
(timelined above, welp)

Just a reminder that this is the country that mailed canes to Preston Brooks.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Man now you're making me want to go camping, I haven't gone since I was in Scouts as a kid.

You should camp, its awesome as an adult. Nothing like sitting around a campfire drinking beers with no cell reception :cheers:

Edit - :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesdirkwood/status/867523703885660160

Terrifying Effigies fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 25, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

drat you got me feeling bad for the spice man

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
edit: wrong therad

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Mike-o posted:

Definitely an easier Hike than Rainier but Oyster Dome leaves you at the end, sitting on a loving high cliff, eating lunch, and more than once when I've been there, had Hawks and Eagles circling not even 100 feet away, just either straight out from me or just below me. Great view as well. Or try Mt. Pilchuck with them, but do that during a week day. Weekends Pilchuck is stupid busy.

Both are easier hikes, but both do payoff huge with great views.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

just go hike the entire AT starting in Florida

only takes 6 months or so nbd

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It's a sign of the times that I have no loving idea whether literally body-slamming a journalist will help or hurt at the polls tomorrow

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MSNBC breaking into coverage for superslam witness interviews

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Kayfabe's been leaking into the real world ever since Trump won.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

windshipper posted:

Definitely an easier Hike than Rainier but Oyster Dome leaves you at the end, sitting on a loving high cliff, eating lunch, and more than once when I've been there, had Hawks and Eagles circling not even 100 feet away, just either straight out from me or just below me. Great view as well. Or try Mt. Pilchuck with them, but do that during a week day. Weekends Pilchuck is stupid busy.

Both are easier hikes, but both do payoff huge with great views.

Yo saving this for later thanks man
I'll be back in the states next year so I'll hit it up

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Two Finger posted:

Yo saving this for later thanks man
I'll be back in the states next year so I'll hit it up

Last time my then girlfriend/now wife hiked Mt. Pilchuck, we picked blueberries on the way up and the way down. We made Blueberry cobbler when we got home with those wild blueberries.

For the record, both of these are hikes that are well north of Seattle.

If you hit up Oyster Dome, though, go to Boomer's afterwards for great burgers and hard ice cream milkshakes. Seriously, those milkshakes are the poo poo. It's maybe half an hour north of Oyster Dome's trailhead. So good.

windshipper fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 25, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's a sign of the times that I have no loving idea whether literally body-slamming a journalist will help or hurt at the polls tomorrow

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

windshipper posted:

Last time my then girlfriend/now wife hiked Mt. Pilchuck, we picked blueberries on the way up and the way down. We made Blueberry cobbler when we got home with those wild blueberries.

Yo are you from there? I might hit you up for ideas closer to the time

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Two Finger posted:

Yo are you from there? I might hit you up for ideas closer to the time

I live in Western Washington, grew up here, and live here. :)

Check out that Boomer's tip btw

Edit also: The best date my wife says we went on is when we hiked Oyster Dome, went to Boomers, and then skinny (...in underwear...) dipped in Lake Samish.

windshipper fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 25, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhoH4v8xYlU

Awaiting if local crew took video.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/867535038749040640

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ben Jacobs is going to be on MSNBC momentarily

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I...I'm leaning towards it helping the candidate :psyduck:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

windshipper posted:

I live in Western Washington, grew up here, and live here. :)

Check out that Boomer's tip btw

Edit also: The best date my wife says we went on is when we hiked Oyster Dome, went to Boomers, and then skinny (...in underwear...) dipped in Lake Samish.

Haha my bad I thought we were still talking about Maine

If I can make it to WA I will look those up but I'll be on a timeframe

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

I...I'm leaning towards it helping the candidate :psyduck:

I'm sure it will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Two Finger posted:

Haha my bad I thought we were still talking about Maine

If I can make it to WA I will look those up but I'll be on a timeframe

Well, out definitely ducking should. Seattle and the area north of Seattle to the Canadian border are pretty awesome.

The cascades in general, really. Anyone should try to hike around Stehekin if they can.

• Locked thread