Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

The Glumslinger posted:

http://www.msnbc.com/now

Chris Hayes is leading with the Gianforte story

Here's why he likely 'body slammed' him

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/28/greg-gianforte-republican-candidate-congress-russia-companies

GOP candidate has financial ties to US-sanctioned Russian companies

Author: Ben Jacobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

evilweasel posted:

the downside is many people have voted by mail already

I'd expect he still wins because of the mail in vote. The only way Quist wins is if Gianforte dropps out.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why do I get the feeling that we're soon going to find out that the GOP is all in the pockets of Russia

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Might figure in, but Ben broke that story a month ago.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Jesus Christ, is there anyone in the GOP who doesn't have ties to Russia? Is this actually an honest-to-god gigantic conspiracy for once?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

It's real cool that the GOP voting base slavers at the thought of electing criminals and thugs.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo Gianforte couldn't have held off for one loving day? One more 24-hour period and he'd have been able to get away with it without consequences, at least if he managed to win. Jesus Christ. Republicans truly are imploding.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Why would you do this to us

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
here's exclusive audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbka3IMnwE

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Its going to be the headline tomorrow in Montana

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/867532768854417408

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Oh gently caress it is Russians all the way down isn't it. Somewhere in California Reagan's body is nearing Mach 2.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
@blakersdozen: Our reporter @alexis_levinson is being summoned by law enforcement for a formal interview

Could matter... Maybe

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

That was cruel.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
If he gets charged with assault, elected, and then convicted, would he resign, thus leading to another special election?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy poo poo everyone owns loving Russian stocks. I shoulda got in while the getting was good.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FourLeaf posted:

If he gets charged with assault, elected, and then convicted, would he resign, thus leading to another special election?

The new democratic plan. Run special elections draining GOP coffers and closing the gap until 2018

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

FourLeaf posted:

No, quist auto-wins, trump has to resign, and hillary gets arrested.

Weird rules, but that's how it works.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Honest question, if Hillary had won would any of this Russian stuff come out?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The cops are actually moving on this. There could be a warrant for his arrest before the election

https://twitter.com/blakersdozen/status/867533116696440832

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

twice burned ice posted:

That was cruel.

I love you guys :allears:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No, but we'd still be hearing about election fraud

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Owning shares in Russian-focused index funds that makes up between 0.1% and 0.4%of your net worth is really not a big deal.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

FourLeaf posted:

If he doesn't resign, the house could refuse to seat him, and force Montana to hold another special election.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My dad literally, not jokingly, tried to argue that this would be good for Gianforte. Now y'all know why I get irritated at Nothing Matters bullshit. I live with the king of it.

Was it something like "The press is terrible and we all know that, so it's good that he beat up one of those fuckers! Show them who's boss! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Does that sound about right

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

twice burned ice posted:

That was cruel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0l3QWUXVho

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It seems like everyones plan was "lets not shame ourselves by revealing how badly Russia hosed us" under the assumption that Hillary would win, then she didn't.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

RZA Encryption posted:

Man, those Framers really thought of everything

Joe-Bob
May 12, 2005

GO BIG RED
College Slice

RZA Encryption posted:

Through a bizarre interpretation of the 25th amendment, Bernie wins after all.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Why do I get the feeling that we're soon going to find out that the GOP is all in the pockets of Russia

Is it really surprising that a Republicans love a country run by a quasi-fascist kleptocracy?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Blitz7x posted:

No, but we'd still be hearing about election fraud

But with less government interference into the investigations. :v:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
:siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/867534363847782400

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Senf posted:

Was it something like "The press is terrible and we all know that, so it's good that he beat up one of those fuckers! Show them who's boss! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Does that sound about right

From what I remember I think that poster's dad is more of the Covok type

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

oh it's the audio nice

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Missing Donut posted:

Owning shares in Russian-focused index funds that makes up between 0.1% and 0.4%of your net worth is really not a big deal.

I think the ties, however small, definitely become a really big deal when when you physically attack the reporter covering those ties, especially with our current political climate.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Man, those Framers really thought of everything

It's like they say, "As the At-Large District of Montana goes, so goes the Nation."

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
HOLY gently caress LISTEN TO IT

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Jesus Christ, is there anyone in the GOP who doesn't have ties to Russia? Is this actually an honest-to-god gigantic conspiracy for once?

Gianforte is a tech dude who kept picking the right times to get out. All these right wing assholes are share investment advice, and if there is a deep russian conspiracy this is how they get them. First they get them financially tied in, then they start doing favors, etc.

I mean gently caress Sean Spicer of all people is invested in some russian wine company of all loving things and people.

Also Gianforte doesn't believe in retirement because uh

quote:

Gianforte has outlined his position on retirement by using the Biblical example of Noah. He said, "There's nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it's been an accepted concept in our culture today. Nowhere does it say, 'Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach... The example I think of is Noah. How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn't like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn't hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Rigel posted:

The cops are actually moving on this. There could be a warrant for his arrest before the election

https://twitter.com/blakersdozen/status/867533116696440832

making history, gianforte becomes the first to attend congress solely through telepresence out of the back of an unmarked van, constantly on the run from police across the united states

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

oh it's the audio nice

No it's the article with the audio

e: you editor!!! *shakes fist*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

holy poo poo

• Locked thread