Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I've never gotten more than $80 cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Try next time having a multibillion dollar corporation dick you around and not compensate you for compensable time for seven years and then have them lose that suit in court.

Plus penalties and interest

Yeah somebody noticed that my company wasn't paying overtime or giving paid sick leave.

Probably Magic posted:

Was about to say, "Uh, yeah, anything's better than Missouri," but going from KC to LA sounds like a downgrade to me.

Wildly disagree. I love KC, but there isn't much that compares to California. Example: the lack of mosquitoes, chiggers, humidity.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 25, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is posters.com not a multibillion dollar business?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably. Art dot com passed 100m in sales back in 2010 but is a privately held company so I can't say for sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Was about to say, "Uh, yeah, anything's better than Missouri,"

This is the lowest bar in the world to clear and not at all a defense of Missouri's bullshit but Kansas is right there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Montana GOP candidate for vacant House seat just body-slammed a reporter in front a local TV crew.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/867517225820966912

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was living at that apartment complex by Coach's that two people have now been stabbed at so it's pretty much like straddling state line and yeah I don't miss that or hanging out in Waldo much.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Montana GOP candidate for vacant House seat just body-slammed a reporter in front a local TV crew.

He won my vote

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Lol dude gets free reign to sock a politician in the mouth and he tweets about it instead.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/867532294059327489

edit:

quote:

Law enforcement is responding at this hour to a building on Discovery Drive south of Bozeman, where a national political reporter alleged that he had been assaulted.

The reporter, Ben Jacobs of The Guardian, claimed on Twitter that he was assaulted by Republican U.S. House candidate Greg Gianforte.

“Greg Gianforte just body slammed me and broke my glasses,” Jacobs tweeted.

Jacobs was being evaluated in an ambulance at the scene. Gianforte was seen sitting in a vehicle nearby and had been speaking with Gallatin County deputies earlier.

Gianforte left the scene shortly before 6 p.m. without speaking to reporters.

The Hyalite Fire department has told the Chronicle that one person was taken from the scene to Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital.

Alexis Levinson, a reporter for Buzzfeed News, told MSNBC that he had given a statement to the sheriff’s office. In tweets and on air, she said she saw Jacobs go into a room where Gianforte was.
Follow the Chronicle on Facebook and join the most active news conversation in Bozeman.

“I heard the crash and saw his feet fly,” she told MSNBC live on the air.

The Chronicle has reached out to Gianforte’s press office and is awaiting a response.

The campaign event, a barbecue, continued at the campaign headquarters without Gianforte.

Chronicle reporters are on the scene. This story will be updated.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 25, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Between that, Comey gettin rooskie-duped, the Pope calling POTUS a lil tubby boy and the CBO re-revealing the GOP as loving ghouls, this has been the best news day

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thst Republican dude looks like John Malkovich

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spoeank posted:

Between that, Comey gettin rooskie-duped, the Pope calling POTUS a lil tubby boy and the CBO re-revealing the GOP as loving ghouls, this has been the best news day

you missed Jeff Sessions being accused of hiding Russian interactions by his own Justice Department

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

That is awesome

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you missed Jeff Sessions being accused of hiding Russian interactions by his own Justice Department

Yes hello mr president? Yes, hi. I know you promised WINNING but frankly I'm plum tired of all this winning. Please slow down a bit. Thank you!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
man imagine how much better off the GOP would have been if they had just straight up thrown the election last year

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/867535038749040640

are these exciting times or what

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What happened with Comey? All I'm seeing in my BBC field is Manchester and the TrumpCare bill score (lol)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: Oops didn't read the thread

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bad Moon posted:

What happened with Comey? All I'm seeing in my BBC field is Manchester and the TrumpCare bill score (lol)

The document that prompted his new conference in July about the investigation being over, then his subsequent statements that played a not-insignificant role in Trump winning was a fake, likely produced by the Russians.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Neil Armbong posted:

The document that prompted his new conference in July about the investigation being over, then his subsequent statements that played a not-insignificant role in Trump winning was a fake, likely produced by the Russians.

Are you loving kidding me with this Clancy bullshit?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Bad Moon posted:

Are you loving kidding me with this Clancy bullshit?

I think someone said it in this thread, but living through history kinda blows.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's some easy click audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhoH4v8xYlU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...omepage%2Fstory

Man, the Post seems to have a good source for Comey stuff. They've been leading on a lot of these stories.

But reading the article... I'm not even clear on what the allegation is here. Apparently there was a probably-fake piece of intelligence reffering to an email that never happened, between two people who don't know each other, claiming the justice dept. had assured a Clinton staffer that the email investigation was going to be dropped, and this took place after that Bill Clinton encounter with Lynch on the tarmac at an airport. So Comey supposedly decided to drop the case against Hillary in a big public way, in part to make sure that he did so ahead of the justice dept., because he was worried that if he dropped the case after the justice dept. did, people might think the justice dept. decision - which was tainted by the Bill encounter - had improperly influenced the FBI investigation.

I mean, what? Comey is a sack of poo poo but this is bizarre. I'm struggling to believe a guy who had it in for Clinton from the get-go would have made such a big deal of angrily dropping the investigation while basically opining in public that Clinton hosed up super bad - which was super unprofessional on his part, given his own study concluded she didn't break the law - solely because some dodgy bit of russian intelligence suggested a justice dept. aide had told a clinton aide not to worry, they weren't gonna dig too much. That would have been an implausible thing to believe even if the email had been real, and regardless, Comey would have nailed Clinton to the wall if he had been able to come up with a single actual law she'd actually broken.

Something doesn't smell right here, but it's such a confusing chain of events that I'm not sure I've got it right.

e. Why wouldn't comey just ask the justice dept if they were really gonna drop the case or not investigate? They could hardly tell him "oh yeah we're totally gonna investigate so hard" and then immediately drop the case. Or if he thought the email was real and represented an improper contact, he could have investigated that, but the article says the FBI never talked about it to either of the supposed sender or recipient of the email.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 25, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
TIL that telling your wife, no matter how jokingly, no matter how anti feminist she claims to be, to calm her tits is a bad idea

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/334969-trump-revealed-submarine-locations-to-philippines-president

Trump just can't stop blabbing to random dictators. He told Duerte that we have two nuclear submarines stationed near north korea, which you know, probably not the best idea to basically tell NK exactly how many subs we have over there and roughly where they are?

Spoeank posted:

It just keeps rolling in

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

Trump just can't stop blabbing to random dictators. He told Duerte that we have two nuclear submarines stationed near north korea, which you know, probably not the best idea to basically tell NK exactly how many subs we have over there and roughly where they are?

Aside from the obvious "if you talk about a submarine that's out of port you've said too much" thing I wonder if Trump realizes that nuclear submarine as a term describes the propulsion system.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

Aside from the obvious "if you talk about a submarine that's out of port you've said too much" thing I wonder if Trump realizes that nuclear submarine as a term describes the propulsion system.

The dude can barely string two sentences together, so I doubt it.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he declared himself god and attacked NK with Air Force One.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Really gotta admit, did not see a chokeslam coming in the Montana election.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

about 2/3 of the expected Montana ballots have been cast so that dude could still win

~*~nothing matters~*~

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
WWE needs to up their storylines to compete with this poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Today we are going to the Field Museum. I want to see the dinosaur fossils.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

I dunno how long you're in town for but it's finally supposed to warm up on Saturday

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eli Wiggum posted:

I dunno how long you're in town for but it's finally supposed to warm up on Saturday

I'm leaving on Saturday lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Honestly I love this weather. It's so hot and humid in SC. 55-60 and gloomy is a welcome change.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

Make sure to loudly shout about about how Satan hid them in the dirt to destroy faith in God

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Honestly I love this weather. It's so hot and humid in SC. 55-60 and gloomy is a welcome change.

My dude :respek:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Make sure to loudly shout about about how Satan hid them in the dirt to destroy faith in God

going to pass out tracts to everyone

also I had no idea this museum was right next to soldier field

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

going to pass out tracts to everyone

also I had no idea this museum was right next to soldier field

Yeah, I want to do that museum next time we go to Chicago. We did the Shedd Aquarium instead; I'm not mad with the choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, I want to do that museum next time we go to Chicago. We did the Shedd Aquarium instead; I'm not mad with the choice.

Is the aquarium cool? I bought the city pass so I have tickets to see it and it's right there so...

• Locked thread