Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

boner confessor posted:

i know it's weirdly cathartic and nihilistic to pretend half the country are raving lunatics but it turns out assaulting people for no good reason is not popular among most americans. go outside once in a while
I remember when I thought that a sizeable minority of Republicans were sane enough to be turned away by criminal, morally repellent behaviour captured on tape. It was back before they elected an admitted serial sexual assaulter to the White House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Can you smell what the GOP is cooking!?

It's a disregard for the freedom of the press.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

boner confessor posted:

i know it's weirdly cathartic and nihilistic to pretend half the country are raving lunatics but it turns out assaulting people for no good reason is not popular among most americans. go outside once in a while
I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Supremezero posted:

So, wait, do people hold bbqs inside offices now? Is that a thing? Or does this statement fail to line up with even itself, much less the audio?

CO poisoning would explain at least some of the things Republicans do

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

pumpinglemma posted:

I remember when I thought that a sizeable minority of Republicans were sane enough to be turned away by criminal, morally repellent behaviour captured on tape. It was back before they elected an admitted serial sexual assaulter to the White House.

This is the saddest thing about Nov 8. We (at least I) didn't realize that there were so many monstrous scum sharing the country with me.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
His statement proclaiming his innocence will be repeated in conservative Facebook echo chambers that already disdain mainstream media. If this happened a week ago it might matter, but one day before the election, not so much.

Even if it's covered in the local news, Republican voters may dismiss it as gotcha journalism trying to derail the election.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/867544744041295872

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This thread really cares about Republican Primary voters too much.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Elotana posted:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

yeah and that hurt him pretty bad before they were able to swing things back around to butter emails

pumpinglemma posted:

remember trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3m votes

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Why do a lot of leftist people on Twitter hate Ben Jacobs? I haven't even heard of him before this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VectorSigma posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN BODY SLAM A REPORTER INTO THE FLOOR. ITS BEN JACOBS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SPINNING AWAY FROM HIM, PUSHING US BOTH TO THE GROUND. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME JOURNALIST BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GUARDIAN'S MOST DANGEROUS REPORTER. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COMMITTEE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN CONGRESS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SLAMS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SLAMMING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Trabisnikof posted:

This thread really cares about Republican Primary voters too much.

Their voting habits are tearing the entire country apart, so...yeah, I think they matter.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Quist may well not win but let's also not lose sight of the fact that even before his opponent assaulted a journalist, he was within a few points of his opponent in an extremely Republican district

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

LegendaryFrog posted:

They probably weren't aware there was a recording when they made that statement. Lying (except in a court setting under oat) isn't a crime, but it might twist the knife further depending on how the dems utilize it between tonight and tomorrow's poll closing.

Jacobs has a case for libel though.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 25, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Elotana posted:

If that were released the week before the election he would have been finished.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why do a lot of leftist people on Twitter hate Ben Jacobs? I haven't even heard of him before this.
He's a center-liberal guy who has had some Bad Takes about people like Chelsea Manning

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

that ratio tho

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/wabermes/status/867544900455329792

Whee, a press conference.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If that were released the week before the election he would have been finished.

"Voters have the memory of a goldfish" isn't an excuse.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the gently caress people are talking about when they talk about "ratio"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

should have said MANSION instead of APARTMENT, 9.5/10

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Krispy Kareem posted:

Even if it's covered in the local news, Republican voters may dismiss it as gotcha journalism trying to derail the election.

Hopefully coverage is balanced with the CBO score.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Meme Emulator posted:

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the gently caress people are talking about when they talk about "ratio"

High replies, low faves/retweets. The ratio. The spicier the take, the higher the ratio.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

boner confessor posted:

remember trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3m votes
When we're talking about the moral character of Republicans specifically, that's less relevant than the fact that two million more people voted for Trump than voted for Romney.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Meme Emulator posted:

Ratio of replies to likes/retweets

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgyXCE_M7zk

Maaaaybe reconciliation is not possible?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Why are they having a press conference? Wouldn't that put them into partisan waters no matter what they say?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
And fox news opening their 9 o clock broadcast with.... Bono.

Man I wonder how their ratings are going to be?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I wasnt aware people actually used the favorite button on twitter. Thank you all.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ora Tzo posted:

Hopefully coverage is balanced with the CBO score.

The nice segue is that he was literally asking about the CBO when he was assaulted

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

It'd be pretty great if this works.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/867545819670597632

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

So... how does one go about determining this exactly?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

save us bernie-sama

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CrazySalamander posted:

Why are they having a press conference? Wouldn't that put them into partisan waters no matter what they say?

They can't avoid saying what they're doing. They have to say that they're charging him, still interviewing, etc. Going radio silent would be the worst option for them.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

boner confessor posted:

You might be the one who needs to go outside and interact with other people. A fair amount of the people I interact with on a daily basis would say that liberal reporter deserved it, and the rest don't give a poo poo one way or the other. There is nothing nihilistic about confronting the truth. Most Americans either don't care or approve of the creeping fascism.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tatsuta Age posted:

save us bernie-sama

I believe in you Bernie-san.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
In other news this seems like it could matter.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/867448366157922304

e: Al Green signs his name in green ink :3

hanales fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 25, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

CrazySalamander posted:

With an incident like this they can't not. Too many questions and more will be asked as they continue no matter what they do, but a presser lets them address some things and at least appear reasonable and responsive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

CrazySalamander posted:

They want to have functional phones sometime for the next two days. If they don't talk to the press the press will be on them straight up through the end of voting tomorrow. Unless they bodyslam them, anyways.

• Locked thread