Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Tried Colonial Marines, pretty neato but man those rounds are long. Also not enough farting.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
How the heck do cargo tugs work? Pushing it around doesn't seem any faster than pushing around a crate. QMing is miserably slow work now, especially if someone blows a hole in your department and you need to put on an emergency suit.

On that note, how does the QM get fabric (for making a spacesuit) without help these days? The auto-loom isn't around anymore.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
The QM serves a purpose other than ordering novelty clothing and phasers?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

How the heck do cargo tugs work? Pushing it around doesn't seem any faster than pushing around a crate. QMing is miserably slow work now, especially if someone blows a hole in your department and you need to put on an emergency suit.

On that note, how does the QM get fabric (for making a spacesuit) without help these days? The auto-loom isn't around anymore.

What do you mean when you say a cargo tug?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

shovelbum posted:

I dunno about him, but brings to mind. ... my dang wife!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty sure you're supposed to drag the cargo tugs around with the cargo tractor.

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

TheCog posted:

First mistake, I didn't read the rules.

This would get you banned from Goonstation too, FYI!

TheCog posted:

If I had, I would have learned these guys played with very few antags because they'd modded the station to be extra deadly. But rules are for noobs.

...are you already banned from Goonstation?

TheCog posted:

I joined as some kind of assistant equivalent, something called civilian. So I did what I always do, I durdled around, and very quickly noticed this was a NO FUN zone. If you wanted access to things, you had to fill out paperwork, if you wanted to do anything at all, you needed permission, and security was running around arresting people for the stupidest poo poo. Worse, what felt like every 5 minutes "FTL" would trigger and knock you over, annoying as gently caress. So I decided I was going to turn FTL off.

I mean if you were gonna join a server called "FTL13" and throw a fit about something called 'FTL' happening I got nothin' for you.

TheCog posted:

At this point, I assume I'm booted from the server, as I disconnect and can't reconnect anymore.

But that's how I torpedoed an entire round by trying to stop a minor annoyance.

I think /tg/station would love you. Try them.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Baleful Polymorph is a great spell. Not as cruel as Clown's Revenge but still funny as hell.

There's a whole bunch of people who would disagree with you on that, given that cluwning is now curable and critters can die super easily and can't be cloned or borged. Personally I think that people think anything is meaner than cluwning means that being a cluwne isn't terrible enough.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

There's a whole bunch of people who would disagree with you on that, given that cluwning is now curable and critters can die super easily and can't be cloned or borged. Personally I think that people think anything is meaner than cluwning means that being a cluwne isn't terrible enough.

Those people are dumb. Being a cluwne sucks and honestly shouldnt be curable and being a cute little critter is funny and good.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
The thing about being a cluwne is that you're functionally still a human, just a very limited one. You can still wander around, honk over the radio, and run around while people try to kill you, which at the very least holds a certain appeal to the hardcore robusters.

When you're polymorphed, you have about an 80% chance of being turned into something with neither ear slots nor hand slots. This means that if you happen to be trapped in a room, you can't go out because you don't have any ID slots, no hand slots to even hold the ID, and you can't ask the AI to let you out because you have no ear slots and thus no radio access. You have no means of interacting with anything else in the room either, because no hand slots. Your only hope of rescue is to hope someone wanders into the room at random and opens the door, and then when you try to leave the door closes on you randomly and instakills you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

cluwning should absolutely not be curable except with some really hard to make... thing I dunno

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

The QM serves a purpose other than ordering novelty clothing and phasers?

Gotta spread those through the station somehow! No one Not everyone checks the nearest belt station for goodies!

shovelbum posted:

There's a "cargo tractor" and a couple of "cargo tugs" hidden away in QM (on Cogmap1, they're between the buying/selling cargo belts, next to the mass drivers) but as far as I can tell, none of them move any faster than crates do and it's not entirely clear how exactly they're meant to be used.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The big thing about cluwne is part of the metagame and not the game mechanics, everyone seeks you out to kill you over killing the wizman

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

Gotta spread those through the station somehow! No one Not everyone checks the nearest belt station for goodies!

There's a "cargo tractor" and a couple of "cargo tugs" hidden away in QM (on Cogmap1, they're between the buying/selling cargo belts, next to the mass drivers) but as far as I can tell, none of them move any faster than crates do and it's not entirely clear how exactly they're meant to be used.

You gotta drag a crate onto the tug and then pull it around with the tractor

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

shovelbum posted:

The big thing about cluwne is part of the metagame and not the game mechanics, everyone seeks you out to kill you over killing the wizman

Depends how intentionally annoying you (a cluwne) decide to be. A cluwne setting himself up next to an intercom and honking like there's no tomorrow is more likely to get pummeled by a grey mob than one that just staggers down the hallway.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The tractor is so you can pull more than one crate, not pull one fast.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can put other stuff on​ there too

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Malpais Legate posted:

The tractor is so you can pull more than one crate, not pull one fast.

Also the forklift is better if you wanna get somewhere fast with a crate.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can use baleful polymorph on a cluwne if you want to salt the wound.

Also, sometimes it backfires! I polymorphed someone into a bee and they promptly stung the poo poo out of me.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Being turned into a cluwne doesn't stun you, which I found out the hard way when cluwne-captain promptly turned around and gunned me down.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Also the forklift is better if you wanna get somewhere fast with a crate.

Tractor needs a speed buff, it's slower, bulkier, and carries less than the forklift

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

You can use baleful polymorph on a cluwne if you want to salt the wound.

Also, sometimes it backfires! I polymorphed someone into a bee and they promptly stung the poo poo out of me.

It's always worse if your polymorph ends up changing someone into a spider.

Oh HELL you do not want to encounter a spider with eight guns. No, no no no no. Especially if their grudge is deep enough to make eight zip guns. :negative:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

It's always worse if your polymorph ends up changing someone into a spider.

Oh HELL you do not want to encounter a spider with eight guns. No, no no no no. Especially if their grudge is deep enough to make eight zip guns. :negative:

On the other hand a spider firing 8 zip guns at once is almost guranteed to have one of them explode given the failure rate of those things.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I stopped taking the Cluwne spell because invariably I'd Cluwne someone, run off like Dr. Zoidberg, and then meet up with one of my cluwnes 20 minutes later when they've managed to stave off their massive brain damage enough to brain me with a fire extinguisher.

Cluwnes are creatures of vengeance and should be regarded as dangerous.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The worst thing is when you polymorph someone into a wasp, fuckers are annoying.

Haine
Dec 14, 2007

SPACE STATION 13
A
SERIOUS GAME
ABOUT
SERIOUS ATMOSPHERICS SIMULATION
and birds
I am so happy I made Baleful Polymorph. :allears:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
baleful polymorph rules because you get all sorts of fun critter abilities like pecking people's eyes out. or if you're really lucky, you get to be an ice spider

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The best thing about zip guns is they take any ammo type. Any ammo type. If you happen upon a dropped rocket during a Nuclear round, by all means load it in there and take a shot at the Operatives. Somebody's gonna blow up in the end, and there's a chance it won't even be you!

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Is the strength of the zipgun explosion dependent on the ammo used? If not it should be. I want to see someone gib themselves because they tried loading a grenade into one of those things.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

But can I load them with a pen?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Didn't somebody manage to load a zipgun with a pod artillery shell at one point?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Angry Diplomat posted:

Didn't somebody manage to load a zipgun with a pod artillery shell at one point?
Pod artillery shells are just 35mm frag grenades, the single-shot launchers that Security has can also fire them but they only come equipped with smoke grenades normally. 35mm grenades are ammo and I think zip guns just load anything from the base /ammo/ branch so there's no reason you couldn't load and fire one from a zip.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Considering that the wizard forcefield protects against everything, all they needs is an ID with a PIN he knows and they could make an artillery zip gun rampage with little danger to themself.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Do 40mm HE grenade boxes still cost 100k for just two to a box?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Do 40mm HE grenade boxes still cost 100k for just two to a box?

I think they have 8 ammo per box.

Edit: derp, I think they're 50k per box.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 25, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Yeah I tested this during a round and a zip gun loads anything from /ammo/. That means artillery shells, MPRT rockets, AEX Shells, whatever. If you're gonna gamble you might as well double down.

I also confirmed that a monkey armed with a zip gun will not only fire it at a target they're angry at, but also if they fire off the last round they will simultaneously shoot and throw which I think might cause the zip gun to explode on you instead of them if it msifires because they throw empty guns away fast.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Nakar posted:

Yeah I tested this during a round and a zip gun loads anything from /ammo/. That means artillery shells, MPRT rockets, AEX Shells, whatever. If you're gonna gamble you might as well double down.

Now this is the janky-rear end game I love.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Luigi Thirty posted:

Now this is the janky-rear end game I love.
As far as I know this is not jankiness (for once) but 100% intentional. Zip guns were always intended to be able to load any form of ammunition as a tradeoff for catastrophic misfires.

Janky-rear end is that you can put a rocket launcher on your belt because guns fit in the belt slot. :jihad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

In 'SS13 IRL news': Clown flees on scooter after slashing a man to death with bladed gloves