Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

now do it on NG+.

if i do it ill do it with curios because the enchantress is a terrible awful boss fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

if i do it ill do it with curios because the enchantress is a terrible awful boss fight.

she's doable. but it takes some doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtjNA_HJsqs&t=88s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

tbh I don't know how much curios would help against her with that darkness/will

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah dont get me wrong theres no truly bad design in the shovel knight bosses but if i air dash attack her to bounce and have her hit me on the way by flying to the other side of the screen or shooting a fireball one more time i swear to god

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
and there were also times where she did her air dash too where either i hit her or she hit me and it never seemed to be consistent. sometimes i could dash thru her fireballs and other times i couldnt. and i dont mean how theres two types of fireballs one you can target and one you cant, i mean sometimes i could target her, dash, and her fireballs would hurt or wouldnt.
i just really didnt enjoy it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

yeah dont get me wrong theres no truly bad design in the shovel knight bosses but if i air dash attack her to bounce and have her hit me on the way by flying to the other side of the screen or shooting a fireball one more time i swear to god

ArfJason posted:

and there were also times where she did her air dash too where either i hit her or she hit me and it never seemed to be consistent. sometimes i could dash thru her fireballs and other times i couldnt. and i dont mean how theres two types of fireballs one you can target and one you cant, i mean sometimes i could target her, dash, and her fireballs would hurt or wouldnt.
i just really didnt enjoy it

you're giving me flashbacks to April 19, 2017. painful ones.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lets hang out posted:

Hollow Knight

been thinking about getting it. is it good?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

symbolic posted:

been thinking about getting it. is it good?

I loved it. It's beautiful and atmospheric and plays great. Movement is very precise and it gives you a ton of air control so even when it hits you with really nasty platforming situations they always feel doable. The world is gigantic and riddled with secrets, I got 100% completion in 26 hours but apparently that's on the low end, i started using a map near the end to help find what i'd missed. It's a really great game.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Prey (2017)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I liked it a whole lot. Don't think it will be my GOTY but it'll probably be somewhere on my best of the year list at the end.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Sonic the Hedgehog

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tales of Berseria

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Injustice 2. Beat the story mode, still have to get through the uh "Battle Simulator" with everybody and level everyone up and I am going to put awesome cyber Total Justice action figure armor all over everybody.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Regy Rusty posted:

Tales of Berseria

was it good? it's on sale rn and i'm thinking about nabbing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wild Arms 1. Awesome game, idk if I will move onto 2 right away though. Ill check it out probably but if its too similar mechanically I may move right into 3.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

was it good? it's on sale rn and i'm thinking about nabbing

I think it's the best Tales game I've ever played. It took Zestiria's fairly interesting world and told an actually great story in it instead of the boring one that was Zestiria's. And the combat is probably the most fun it's ever been.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
never played a tales but i keep hearing symphonia is the best one c/d?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ArfJason posted:

never played a tales but i keep hearing symphonia is the best one c/d?

It was my favorite before now (but I also haven't played all that many of them)

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
tfw you havent been finishing games for a year until P5 came and you spend 90 hrs completing it

Soral
May 30, 2009

steamworld heist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Update to a prior entry:

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone all Charts, Modules and Accessories Unlocked. i thought Extreme would always be out of my reach but the last 50 or songs i beat on hard I cleared 90%+ on first attempt and got some perfects on the easier ones. I may be ready to try and go for a All Extreme Clear over the next few months

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hell yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im going to finally actualyl set up my stick and start practicing hard songs again with the arcade layout so I can become a EX Extreme Miku Master.

Soral
May 30, 2009

steamworld dig

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, I just finished Max Payne 3, after around nine and a half hours total playtime. I haven't played a purely single-player action shooter in a while, so I enjoyed it, as a bit of a break from Rainbow Six: Siege.
Very linear as some here have already pointed out, but eh, Max Payne has always been linear, so it's nothing new. Still good, although I'm not sure if I'll ever replay it - I feel that Max Payne 2 has better overall replayability.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

The World Ends With You.
Incredible game. It's really upsetting how after like 2008 or so, DS and 3DS games got a lot less creative in using both screens at once and the touch screen. Probably has something to do with iOS games being garbage and turning people off to touch screens in general. The early DS library is loaded with weird cool games that are overwhelming in a great way. TWEWY might be the best of the bunch.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

11. Nuclear Throne

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Saints Row IV (Co-op)

Soral
May 30, 2009

night in the woods

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

15) Persona 5 (Hard Mode). Clear time 106:16

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Odin's Sphere: Leifthrasir (Hard)*

*I didn't actually finish this game because of how much I hate the final boss but there's probably like 3 minutes of cutscenes I'll never see so since I did 99% of the Content I'm counting it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Disqualified.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Regy Rusty posted:

I think it's the best Tales game I've ever played. It took Zestiria's fairly interesting world and told an actually great story in it instead of the boring one that was Zestiria's. And the combat is probably the most fun it's ever been.

too late to buy it on sale now you PIECE of poo poo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

Odin's Sphere: Leifthrasir (Hard)*

*I didn't actually finish this game because of how much I hate the final boss but there's probably like 3 minutes of cutscenes I'll never see so since I did 99% of the Content I'm counting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

too late to buy it on sale now you PIECE of poo poo

:geno:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Far Cry: Primal. I liked it despite some Ubisoft AIDS. The setting was really neat.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Far Cry: Primal. I liked it despite some Ubisoft AIDS. The setting was really neat.

I know they're quite different, but how does it compare to say, Ghost Recon: Wildlands? I was initially curious about FC:P prior to its release, but then...didn't see or hear anything about it, for the next months/year. (Hopefully the reason behind that isn't because it's very poorly regarded, or something! :v:)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its probably a competent polished reasonably budgeted game but entirely forgettable + a rehash of the formula.

oh and i heard people didnt like the melee focused combat much

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

I know they're quite different, but how does it compare to say, Ghost Recon: Wildlands? I was initially curious about FC:P prior to its release, but then...didn't see or hear anything about it, for the next months/year. (Hopefully the reason behind that isn't because it's very poorly regarded, or something! :v:)

Wildlands is the better game but I think if you liked GR:W you'd probably like Primal. I think it's one of the games where the open world actually works in its favor because the setting is cool and unique and I liked just wandering around wondering what's going to be over the next hill or watching the animals go about their business and interact with each other and other NPCs or playing Pokemon by trying to tame all the animals, and so on. I kinda get the complaints about combat being simplified and repetitive but at the same time there were a bunch of other tools to play around with like bombs, the different animal companions, riding animals, etc that it didn't kill it for me. Definitely a game to get on sale but I had enough fun to do all the missions and take all the outposts and stuff.

ArfJason posted:

its probably a competent polished reasonably budgeted game but entirely forgettable + a rehash of the formula.

oh and i heard people didnt like the melee focused combat much

Basically this, but a little more positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Today I beat Crosscells. Not as good as Hexcells, but it's still ok.

• Locked thread