Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hard to understand how an at large district can be so heavily weighed in favor of republicans but elect a democratic senator at least twice in a row. That's the same district isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

skylined! posted:

can we start a gofundme for ben jacobs' glasses?

How's the AHCA on vision care?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njb_rjV9NYI

this song is going to play as Gianforte walks down to take the oath of office

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hard to understand how an at large district can be so heavily weighed in favor of republicans but elect a democratic senator at least twice in a row. That's the same district isn't it?

If by district you mean state, yes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Is Gianforte an established politician, at least on local level, or just some guy running for the first time? That audio doesn't sound like a guy who can keep his composure at all.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Florida Betty posted:

Something something pluck it out.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Motto posted:

Is Gianforte an established politician, at least on local level, or just some guy running for the first time? That audio doesn't sound like a guy who can keep his composure at all.
He lost the governor's race last year I think?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Florida Betty posted:

Eye for an eye.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

your cats go on walks? impressive

If you don't want to confine them to life indoors but you can't let them roam unsupervised it's a good compromise. A friend of mine walks his cat because it has FIV and he can't let it interact with (well, bite) other cats.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This man is our loving President.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/pareene/status/867554606364098562

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This man is our loving President.

Obviously. He's the one on top after all.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Tester came in during the Dem wave in 2006 and incumbency makes a lot of difference.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Motto posted:

He ran for governor and lost. That is the extent of his political career. He's the typical Republican businessman run government like a business hack.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Come on and slam! Welcome to the... House of Representatives?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/MattDoyle76/status/867540981607825408

Hmm, this guy seems like a bad candidate or something

What an rear end in a top hat. Even if you're conservative, this is a lovely thing to say.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Montana has also been represented by Dems pretty consistently over the last several decades, a former union-heavy state thanks to loads of mining and now several of the larger cities have loads of college students and hippies, it's a definite purple state.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Nothing pisses me off more than the whole "work is your only reason to live" mentality

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

1992: Vice President Dan Quayle not knowing how to spell "potato" is a tentpole political gaff.

2017: Congressional candidate Greg Gianforte jackknife powerbombs a reporter on the eve of his election.

2042: "The debate here isn't that the candidate owns a homemade skinsuit, but rather in how many he owns."

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

boner confessor posted:

i know it's weirdly cathartic and nihilistic to pretend half the country are raving lunatics but it turns out assaulting people for no good reason is not popular among most americans. go outside once in a while

Half the country actually are raving lunatics though. The best case scenario is someone thinking "man, I wish I could bodyslam a liberal journalist, but that would look bad. It would also look bad to vote for him so maybe I'll stay home and jerk off while posting about the evils of masturbation on my Christian forum".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Half the country actually are raving lunatics though. The vest case scenario is someone thinking "man, I wish I could bodyslam a liberal journalist, but that would look bad. It would also look bad to vote for him so maybe I'll stay home and jerk off while posting about the evils of masturbation on my Christian forum".

This is bullshit.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
It's closer to a fifth or so.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

it's like this thread thinks that trump won in a reaganesque landslide

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ShutteredIn posted:

He ran for governor and lost. That is the extent of his political career. He's the typical Republican businessman run government like a business hack.

Yeah he's pretty much the archetype of a rich white guy who thinks because he has money he'll take a shot at politics. He loving flooded the place with ads last year and it was a sweeter balm than can be imagined that amidst the horror of election night, he learned he had pissed it all away. Insha'allah, he just ensured history repeats.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
meanwhile in Montana

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Fart City posted:

1992: Vice President Dan Quayle not knowing how to spell "potato" is a tentpole political gaff.

2017: Congressional candidate Greg Gianforte jackknife powerbombs a reporter on the eve of his election.

2042: "The debate here isn't that the candidate owns a homemade skinsuit, but rather in how many he owns."

2080: Trump the 7th selects his recently revived great-great-great-grandfathers corpse as his running mate. Undead pussy grabbing sweeps the nation.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is bullshit.

Man, that was a quick response. In response I say "look at the average republican voter then realize that half of them are crazier than that "

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/gregpinelo/status/867463040870092800

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Man, that was a quick response. In response I say "look at the average republican voter theb realize that half of them see crazier than <b>that </B>."

the median not the average :eng101:

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Nothus posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. Even if you're conservative, this is a lovely thing to say.
And Republican voters are still voting for a guy who holds the position that ordinary people should be required to work up to the point they keel over. I'm sure that isn't in his own self plans.

I should be inured to it by now, but I'm continually amazed at their willingness to vote for Republican politicians who are completely open about their desire to screw those same voters over.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

honestly, how the gently caress do republicans not understand the concept of live mics

Vampires do not appear in mirrors. Perhaps these similar ghouls just extrapolated erroneously.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

the median not the average :eng101:

I have to stop phone posting. Autocorrect just butchers them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is bullshit.

A GOP politician who physically assaulted a reporter on the eve of the election while simultaneously working to take healthcare away from his voters is going to win an election tomorrow. It absolutely isn't.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Nothus posted:

The dude is a multi millionaire. He wouldn't be espousing that retarded loving bullshit if he wasn't. He got his, gently caress you, work till you die.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/actinfutility/status/867558906654072832

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
This should have happened one day earlier to maximize news coverage.

But then again eveb if it had Gianforte would still pribably win because Nothing Matters At All

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
The truth is revealed!
https://twitter.com/dannychun/status/867544561307926528

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They probably didn't tip either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Can you guys arrest and deport anyone that works as an ICE goon?

• Locked thread