Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So what's the money on Rene being another traitor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Captain Boomerang you two-timing sonovabitch :argh:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jiro posted:

So what's the money on Rene being another traitor?

He's a regular next season. So none.

EDIT: Oh crap this already started. Guess I'll just wait till later when the recording is done.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why didn't they give him a boomerang?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

howe_sam posted:

Captain Boomerang you two-timing sonovabitch :argh:

Why isn't Digger on Flash's show again?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
It's so obviously not Manu in the suit with him doing voiceovers it's painful...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

GLOSS posted:

It's so obviously not Manu in the suit with him doing voiceovers it's painful...

To be fair he's doing another show, so it's not surprising they'd cut down his time to bare minimums to make sure the timing works out.

He even used doing another show as part of his proof that he totally wasn't doing the season finale.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well this would explain why Malcolm isn't going to be around next season.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Rip Malcolm?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Well this would explain why Malcolm isn't going to be around next season.

Unless we see a body there's no reason to think he's actually dead. He'll just get a shiny silver boot and look guys, a prosthetic leg.

No way in hell Slade betrays him too. It has to be a trick to get them right to the head of the snake.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Slade how could you!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

If Prometheus isn't finally defeated by a kick to the balls I will be extremely disappointed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh hi there Moira

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
WOOOO EVERYONE'S DEAD GOOD NIGHT

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol fireworks!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Welp, there goes Adrian.

Also bets on them hiding in the prison hole to escape the high explosives? Man, Flash and Arrow both had to leave off on poo poo cliffhangers this year, didn't they?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

GLOSS posted:

WOOOO EVERYONE'S DEAD GOOD NIGHT

Booooooo! No defeat by dick kick! BOOOOOOOOOOO

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Zebulon posted:

Also bets on them hiding in the prison hole to escape the high explosives? Man, Flash and Arrow both had to leave off on poo poo cliffhangers this year, didn't they?

If not, that poor guard was just doing his job and had a VERY bad day at the office.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Welp, there goes Adrian.

This was much more organic to the story they were telling than Flash

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

This was much more organic to the story they were telling than Flash

True. It's still an awkward, janky forced cliffhanger though when anyone with half a brain watching knows they're not going to kill off the entire supporting cast like that.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
So Roy really did get cut, huh?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Ville Valo posted:

So Roy really did get cut, huh?

He's doing sick flips in heaven now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just finished watching. Holy poo poo that finale was amazing. I loved the cliffhanger. Obviously not everyone is going to die, but it's a hell of a way to end the season. The first since season one where we go out with the bad guy getting the win for all intents and purposes.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Holy gently caress that is how you do a season of Arrow.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Any episode of Arrow with a deliberate headscissors takedown callback is enough for me to really love it. Excellent season that really embraced what made the first two a lot of fun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah they nailed the landing for sure. I think that might have been my favorite season of the show. It and season two are right there close together.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
aside from the dumb cliffhanger, that was really good.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Yeah they nailed the landing for sure. I think that might have been my favorite season of the show. It and season two are right there close together.

Season 2 benefits from 2 seasons of build up.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Flash got lazy and Arrow was under pressure to deliver and they did. While I expect that Team Arrow will be reunited by the end of episode 1 next season, I'd like to see Oliver going solo for a while, and have the rest of the team and Slade get caught up in their own hijinks. Dedicate the Oct-Dec run to reuniting the team, and spend the second half of the season on a new big bad.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I love the symbolism of the island blowing up and the end of the flashbacks. Great episode all around.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Oroborus posted:

I love the symbolism of the island blowing up and the end of the flashbacks. Great episode all around.

They really had an opportunity to go the Flash route of a heartfelt 10 minute conversation with the crew about how the island was behind him even though we've seen it for 5 years, but instead they opted for a fun end to a great villain and a bunch of bombs, which are always better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Psychepath posted:

They really had an opportunity to go the Flash route of a heartfelt 10 minute conversation with the crew about how the island was behind him even though we've seen it for 5 years, but instead they opted for a fun end to a great villain and a bunch of bombs, which are always better.

Flash ended with a 10 minute heartfelt conversation? That sounds kinda weak.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

X-O posted:

Flash ended with a 10 minute heartfelt conversation? That sounds kinda weak.

Maybe closer to 5 minutes. But it was also while the speed force was causing magnitude 7 earthquakes and lightning strikes all over Central City, so thousands were dying. Barry is rude.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

oof, that was a botched choreography cue in the start of the big group fight against ninjas. Diggle knocks one down, twitches and then runs off screen. A second later another ninja runs in and "gets flipped" by nothing. Front and center of the camera too, they must have been on a really tight shooting schedule.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god everyone is fighting everyone slade is fighting ninjas black canary versus black canary

adrian lost and went out like the crazy son of a bitch he is anyway

this is everything I loving wanted from this episode and more, and unless they've decided to trap door literally the entire cast everybody's gonna be ok :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TyrantWD posted:

Flash got lazy and Arrow was under pressure to deliver and they did. While I expect that Team Arrow will be reunited by the end of episode 1 next season, I'd like to see Oliver going solo for a while, and have the rest of the team and Slade get caught up in their own hijinks. Dedicate the Oct-Dec run to reuniting the team, and spend the second half of the season on a new big bad.

I want them to go full on video game with this poo poo and somehow have each member of the team scattered to a random location. Felicity's in Hong Kong, Diggle is in South America, Thea is on the moon, Dinah somehow ended up on the Waverider

also lmao Evelyn's dead. Oh well!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oliver didn't even tell anyone to get the Argus guard off the island.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
What a great season. We got a massive improvement over the supporting cast, Oliver as mayor, and quite possibly the best villain in the DCCW universe thus far.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Manu Bennett you handsome bastard, Slade for LoT !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm just glad Oliver is still the mayor.

• Locked thread