Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Memnaelar posted:

WTF were they thinking dropping that statement with three eyewitnesses who they didn't have locked down?

"We only need a day"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Julio Cruz posted:

And if you don't look closely at the scale (or you don't understand graphs particularly well) the obvious thing to notice is that the AHCA line is roughly 3 times as high as the ACA one.

...absolute size isn't the point of the graph, the point is the return to what it was before, also shut up

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Memnaelar posted:

WTF were they thinking dropping that statement with three eyewitnesses who they didn't have locked down?

Turns out republicans are really loving stupid.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe what Jacob's described was somehow way, way underselling what happened.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy gently caress

And this is from Fox News

Probably local affiliates who are not nearly as vile and grotesque as the corporation as a whole. And it's kinda hard to get reporters, even Fox reporters, to shut up when they watch another reporter be violently assaulted right there in front of them, WHILE RECORDING NO LESS. It goes against the social norms of the country, sets a precedent about reporters, including other Fox reporters, being assaulted if they keep their mouths shut...and if they report it, it's such a juicy scandal that it's basically their next 6 months paychecks secured right then, right there.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe what Jacob's described was somehow way, way underselling what happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left that out, just to see how badly Gianforte's team would lie about it in the statement. From the way he phrased his tweets, it sounds like there is video out there.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Holy poo poo, Gianforte lost Fox News and will probably be arrested tomorrow.

Quist is gonna win, guys.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grapplejack posted:

I was kind of wondering if fox was overselling it. I'm just really confused here. But he might have been underselling it to avoid being a whiny liberal stereotype and describing it in the least arguable, simplest way possible to avoid it getting bogged down in details.

Fox news has no reason to help him out here - they need to get ratings however they can. Gianforte isn't Trump and this ain't Russia(yet).

Caros
May 14, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

The whole incident started because a guy with a microphone annoyed their insane candidate. They had to know the audio hosed them, so my guess is they're just lying through their teeth so that they can say something. They can't proudly say that he did it, because that is committing a crime. They can't appologize, because that is a crime. But for electoral purposes they can't be silent either.

So yeah, they kinda have to lie.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Low Desert Punk posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he left that out, just to see how badly Gianforte's team would lie about it in the statement. From the way he phrased his tweets, it sounds like there is video out there.

We don't need video. 3 witnesses from Fox loving news are coming forward and saying he was punching the reporter.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Can we really trust the fake liberal news coming from Fox?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
maybe handel will drunk drive into an unoccupied daycare or something too

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

empty whippet box posted:

I was kind of wondering if fox was overselling it. I'm just really confused here. But he might have been underselling it to avoid being a whiny liberal stereotype and describing it in the least arguable, simplest way possible to avoid it getting bogged down in details.

he wouldn't add the "punching him on the ground" part unless it really happened. That's the real shocker IMO. a choke slam is one action, which is obviously terrible and an assault on that journalist, but to continue at it after he's on the ground shows clear intent beyond one poorly thought out action.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Alkydere posted:

Probably local affiliates who are not nearly as vile and grotesque as the corporation as a whole. And it's kinda hard to get reporters, even Fox reporters, to shut up when they watch another reporter be violently assaulted right there in front of them, WHILE RECORDING NO LESS. It goes against the social norms of the country, sets a precedent about reporters, including other Fox reporters, being assaulted if they keep their mouths shut...and if they report it, it's such a juicy scandal that it's basically their next 6 months paychecks secured right then, right there.

Its the top story on FoxNews.com

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I still think the one who assaults reporters is going to win... and when he arrives to office he wail have a bag of broken glasses waiting for him with notes saying to keep on doing what he's doing... sure it isn't a cane but the old fashioned ways are out of style

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rigel posted:

We don't need video. 3 witnesses from Fox loving news are coming forward and saying he was punching the reporter.

Also a Buzzfeed reporter got interviewed.

I'm stunned there wasn't an immediate arrest. Any of us do that with that many witnesses and we're going straight off to jail.

Equal treatment under the law is a farce

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rigel posted:

The sad part is that now Quist's win will be chalked up less to "Holy gently caress healthcare is toxic as poo poo you guys, don't vote for it" and more to "Don't commit a felony on the eve of your election."

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

As I said before, David Frum (a defiant never Trumper) will probably be insufferable after Trump is gone, but he's an awesome follow right now.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/867575067743363072

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Alkydere posted:

It wasn't even an affiliate, they were filming a segment for Bret Baier.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Memnaelar posted:

Probably the same thing they were thinking when they decided chokeslamming a national reporter in front of a news crew the day before an election was a good idea.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Montana will briefly be our national laughingstock if Gianporte wins tomorrow, so of course he'll win.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Spiffster posted:

I still think the one who assaults reporters is going to win... and when he arrives to office he wail have a bag of broken glasses waiting for him with notes saying to keep on doing what he's doing... sure it isn't a cane but the old fashioned ways are out of style

if I'm a journalist in DC after a Gianforte win I'm making extra sure I talk a little louder and get the recorder a little closer to his face when I'm interviewing him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quist is not going to win but it will be hilarious if his opponent gets arrested right afterwards.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Caros posted:

The sad part is that now Quist's win will be chalked up less to "Holy gently caress healthcare is toxic as poo poo you guys, don't vote for it" and more to "Don't commit a felony on the eve of your election."

We'll take the W regardless

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

maybe handel will drunk drive into an unoccupied daycare or something too

Handel mainlining heroin in front of a 1st grade class before signing a document making puppies illegal.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fox News sold out a Republican candidate because the scoop was just too hot

Hahahahaha

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Caros posted:

very little chance any gop candidate isn't committing felonies

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The Glumslinger posted:

Fox News' plan to get back to the 1# ratings spot is to gently caress over a Republican House Rep into jail.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Rigel posted:

Cops are generally Republican, so I wouldn't be so sure they'll charge him with anything. Especially if he wins.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I caught the end of his radio show as I was leaving work. He mentioned then that he was taking vacation for memorial day. I mean, could be cover, could be a "vacation", could be both. We'll know Tuesday.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Don Lemon is super pissed off right now and not taking any poo poo. Good for him.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

yeah, everyone knows whats going on with Fox. They are burning Gianforte now so that they can explain to their audience that the crazyman who committed a felony in front of 3 and a half witnesses the night before the election did not lose because of Trump or health care.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Glumslinger posted:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It wasn't even an affiliate, they were filming a segment for Bret Baier.

Oh well, consider me corrected.

If it's on the front page, dunno if reporters are jumping ahead of the higher ups...or the higher ups are maybe desperately looking for an excuse besides "Trump is damaging our platform so goddamned bad" to explain their loss.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Caros posted:

The GOP throwing away close elections while refusing to fix their underlying issues sounds just fine to me.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Lassitude posted:

Cops are generally Republican, so I wouldn't be so sure they'll charge him with anything. Especially if he wins.

he also literally donated to Gianforte's campaign

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
There's cop cover ups in small towns and there's "Oh gently caress we're national news"

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

DC Murderverse posted:

if I'm a journalist in DC after a Gianforte win I'm making extra sure I talk a little louder and get the recorder a little closer to his face when I'm interviewing him.

Put the hardcore title on your shoulder and have a ref with you as well. If this news cycle is 24/7 Madhouse at least put your drat title on the line for it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Fox News' plan to get back to the 1# ratings spot is to gently caress over a Republican House Rep into jail.

Well the motherfuckers are uncoverable in right wing media, you have to do something.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crabtree posted:

I'm okay with this plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Caros posted:

If they can't already see how toxic Trumpcare is, there's no saving them anyway.

• Locked thread