Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Lassitude posted:

Cops are generally Republican, so I wouldn't be so sure they'll charge him with anything. Especially if he wins.

The cops don't make charging decisions. The local prosecutor in Bozeman will, and he's probably got to make a decision tomorrow morning now that the police have interviewed everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
So seriously

how do I get the 99 cent grand slam

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

Quist is not going to win but it will be hilarious if his opponent gets arrested right afterwards.

Ok so - you don't loving know, you're basing it on nothing

It's clearly up in the air and your confidence is moronic even if Quist loses

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is worth a repost

https://twitter.com/politico/status/867576043858792449

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

dont even fink about it posted:

Well the motherfuckers are uncoverable in right wing media, you have to do something.

They got the loving footage and already said Giant poo poo attacked the Journo. What if this gets them rating and they start eating the rest of the Republicans while ignoring Trump?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Crabtree posted:

Fox News' plan to get back to the 1# ratings spot is to gently caress over a Republican House Rep into jail.

If Fox would quit reporting the journalistic equivalent of rubber dogshit novelty toys that'd be just fine, I hope this is a trend.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

He didn't body slam him, he was just trying to throw him into the ocean but came up short.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry but after Trump freaking won any logic has been thrown out the window. I will bet on chaos every time until I'm shown otherwise next November

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Crabtree posted:

They got the loving footage and already said Giant poo poo attacked the Journo. What if this gets them rating and they start eating the rest of the Republicans while ignoring Trump?

If they have footage that's ball game

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Blitz7x posted:

There's cop cover ups in small towns and there's "Oh gently caress we're national news"

Don't worry I am sure Sessions will call for an independent review in the coming days.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

So seriously

how do I get the 99 cent grand slam

Have Gianforte body slam you and get your lawyer to arrange a weird out-of-court settlement.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Its the top story on FoxNews.com

So under the top story is one about Trump's approval ratings dropping and increasing public support for a special counsel to investigate the Russia connections. Next to that is an article that discusses how a bogus document leaked by the Russians affected the Clinton email investigation, and that article also brings up the Russian spies discussing how they could use Manafort and Flynn to influence Trump.

Is...Is Fox News becoming 'fake news'?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

The sad part is that now Quist's win will be chalked up less to "Holy gently caress healthcare is toxic as poo poo you guys, don't vote for it" and more to "Don't commit a felony on the eve of your election."

And they won't learn the lesson, and they'll eat poo poo even harder as a result. Seems like the best possible outcome to me.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

https://i.imgur.com/gyIB8T1.gifv

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

theflyingorc posted:

In this timeline there's no telling man

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

At this point, I'm fully expecting Quist to win tomorrow, I'm only wondering if it'll be double-digits, or if early voting has already hosed us out of a blowout.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

theflyingorc posted:

it's ok

he hopes against hope

we are all afraid of hope

after the great unmattering

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

I know because it's an insanely absurdly safe Republican district where the news is about how it's close but Quist has never been ahead at any point. Our President was caught discussing sexual assault shortly before the election and had a number of women come out to claim they assaulted him and still won and he was facing longer odds than this. Republicans do not care. They might care about the AHCA thing but enough to turn a safe district into a D win is unlikely.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Spiffster posted:

I'm sorry but after Trump freaking won any logic has been thrown out the window. I will bet on chaos every time until I'm shown otherwise next November

Trump's Razor hasn't let me down yet.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Rigel posted:

yeah, everyone knows whats going on with Fox. They are burning Gianforte now so that they can explain to their audience that the crazyman who committed a felony in front of 3 and a half witnesses the night before the election did not lose because of Trump or health care.

Which is why I want him to win and attempt to govern from jail.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Blitz7x posted:

In this timeline there's no telling man

That's my point!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

skylined! posted:

it's ok

he hopes against hope

we are all afraid of hope

after the great unmattering

I was thinking of Hillary's triumphant run at the Gowdy hearings the other day, which now seems like it happened 200 years ago.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Fox News is going to give the footage to their local Montana affiliates and start looping that video at 6AM MDT.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

:five:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Spiffster posted:

The big difference is that Quist is well-known and liked in Montana. The voters are conflicted because the right-leaning voters are going "he's a nice enough guy and cool musician, but a little too naive and idealistic, I'm afraid we need a good strong republican".

Hillary was loving hated, A literal felony the night before an election is going to push voters towards the guy they kinda non-politically liked as a person anyway.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy gently caress

And this is from Fox News

Jesus.

Like, I don't see how that doesn't get prosecuted, even if the sheriff is a donor. And if he wins, I'd hope (but don't necessarily trust) the House refuses to seat him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's just a lucky break the assault and battery is directly linked to the AHCA since the reporter was just asking a simple question about his support.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Lote posted:

Fox News is going to give the footage to their local Montana affiliates and start looping that video at 6AM MDT.

Please don't make me somewhat respect Fox News.

Caros
May 14, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

And they won't learn the lesson, and they'll eat poo poo even harder as a result. Seems like the best possible outcome to me.

Other than the fact that it means they won't be concerned enough to back away from the healthcare bill. A Montana congressional seat means nothing. Keeping them from detonating the nation's healthcare system is a far more worthwhile goal unless you are going full accelerationist.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

I know because it's an insanely absurdly safe Republican district where the news is about how it's close but Quist has never been ahead at any point. Our President was caught discussing sexual assault shortly before the election and had a number of women come out to claim they assaulted him and still won and he was facing longer odds than this. Republicans do not care. They might care about the AHCA thing but enough to turn a safe district into a D win is unlikely.

All the data we have about the unpredictability of special elections? Ha! No, not a thing. I know what will happen because I, forums poster, have special knowledge

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/867577957124108289

:pervert:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yo this is the same chick that said she was gonna be the new press secretary for the White House.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

cult member at airport posted:

So under the top story is one about Trump's approval ratings dropping and increasing public support for a special counsel to investigate the Russia connections. Next to that is an article that discusses how a bogus document leaked by the Russians affected the Clinton email investigation, and that article also brings up the Russian spies discussing how they could use Manafort and Flynn to influence Trump.

Is...Is Fox News becoming 'fake news'?

Every so often the reporters break into the computer that controls what gets on the front page and put actual news up

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Should that gif just be put in the OP at this point as a Status of the news?

The other option when things go south should be This one

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Apparently, we're up to 7 now

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

All the data we have about the unpredictability of special elections? Ha! No, not a thing. I know what will happen because I, forums poster, have special knowledge

You leap onto the smallest bit of optimism and stretch it to "but you don't KNOW it can't happen!!" and then get pissy and upset when people don't agree with your wild hope. It'll be nice if it happens but your utter confidence he's going to win is far less justified.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
man how loving excited is quist and his camp right now

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ripoff posted:

Please don't make me somewhat respect Fox News.

there are good people within the entity of Fox News, like I think Shep Smith is a newsman on par with Anderson Cooper or any of the network anchors, it's just the people at the top who are absolute shitheels, and unfortunately the larger narrative that Fox News pushes is a terrible one, but there are definitely individuals that don't suck.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

Well the district is the entire state, and Gianforte just lost the governor race in November to a democrat

Its not Alabama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

So the usual, quickly announce late Friday and hope the story dies out over the long weekend.

• Locked thread