Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

You can make protein shakes without protein powder. Choose milk of choice, toss a oikos triple zero and 2 Tbsp of peanut butter and you're looking at like 25+ grams of protein. Yeah about the same as one scoop of powder but it'll taste better and you'll get enough protein elsewhere most likely.

That sounds pretty great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

blk posted:

So, who here would give up beef for sports cars? I know I would.

Wouldn't eating beans just move the source of the greenhouse gas to us :v:?

nm posted:

Does this account for the massive increase in methane produced by humans eating beans?

gently caress, beaten.

The Locator posted:

I've never been able to get into console gaming. I think it's just that I'm too old, as I can never get used to the controllers. KB + Mouse is just ingrained into my soul from the days of Doom and Duke Nukem I guess.

:corsair:

Counterpoint: I switched to consoles around the PS2 and 360, and have had a devil of a time getting back to the mouse and keyboard for the Quake Beta. I did set up some of the older games I still have though. Thank god some enterprising folks have made new engines for stuff like Duke Nukem and Doom, and DosBox. Hell, I even got Oni to work.

New job trip report:
Looking good so far. Actually had a login and access card waiting for me. Don't have domain admin rights yet, but I'm still training and shouldn't be screwing around with admin anyway. Place is pretty chill, and I'll get to help out with stuff that's not strictly desktop support (networking, VOIP phones, servers) when needed. Learn by doing - I imaged my laptop, and set up my phone and voicemail from the Avaya console, which methodology I heartily approve of. I really hope this goes well.

It's been a really long time since I was the FNG, and didn't know at least mostly what I was doing. Kind of refreshing, if I'm honest. I like learning new poo poo, at least when I'm allowed the time and resources to do so.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

When I was going to the gym a lot I used to order custom protein mixes in bulk from https://truenutrition.com/p-1126-custom-mix.aspx . You can pick your own flavors/sweetener types/etc, I liked the milk protein a lot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That sounds pretty great!

Get unflavored whey and put it in a fruit/yogurt smoothie. That's how I usually do it.

But for a quick shake, Gold Standard chocolate whey, some peanut butter powder and lowfat milk is the shiznitz.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need to put together a few options to mix things up a bit. I'm hitting my 1800 or under goal with ease but at work I am pressed for time so shakes wouldn't be a bad idea.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The Locator posted:

The On (Optimal Nutrition) Gold Standard brand from Costco is pretty tasty IMO. Of course I make them with whole milk, not water, so YMMV if you are anti cow-juice.

Muscle Milk on the other hand is loving nasty.

:hf: This is all good and true. I've actually transitioned from the Gold Standard to the Gold Standard natural one. I feel better with it. The only flavor worth having on the regular gold standard is Double Rich chocolate.

I think Dom from BroScience Life had a video about ON Gold Standard that was pretty bang on.

Edit: here's the link. It's worth the watch. https://youtu.be/RBc9wZkto1I

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 25, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Adiabatic posted:

I have never had Grand Cru but holy poo poo have you had Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge jesus loving gently caress

GET THE gently caress OUT OF MY HEAD. I seriously thought twice about taking a detour to get one on the way home. :tinfoil:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I need to put together a few options to mix things up a bit. I'm hitting my 1800 or under goal with ease but at work I am pressed for time so shakes wouldn't be a bad idea.

I use a small powered mixer to mix it up right in the cup and it mixes perfectly smooth, texture makes a difference because chunky protein shakes suck.

Get some peanut butter powder too, it mixes WAY better than actual peanut butter with less fat and tastes better.

https://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5/dp/B002GJ9JWS?th=1

They sell it at walmart too.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
600 odd km from home, noticed a bit of play in my RF wheel bearing. Gonna just ignore it til I get home

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MrChips posted:

Protein shakes are even worse for me because whey protein gives me the turboshits due to lactose intolerance. I am stuck with plant protein by and large, which is expensive and often way more disgusting than any whey.

Having said that, I am enjoying Orgain's chocolate fudge flavoured protein (which is actually kind of palatable by itself) mixed with a couple tablespoons of peanut butter.

Makes me glad my lactose issues are relatively minor. Switching from milk to almond milk in my protein made it stop acting like drain-o for my digestive system.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

gimpsuitjones posted:

600 odd km from home, noticed a bit of play in my RF wheel bearing. Gonna just ignore it til I get home

I hope this isn't famous last words :ohdear:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That moment when you hear a ton of cops and a helicopter go flying by, so you start listening to the police radio.

"Homicide suspect is driving an RV at relatively low speeds"

Did Breaking Bad get renewed for another season? (and moved to TX...)

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

gimpsuitjones posted:

Ive run wheel bearings so loose you could physically wobble the wheel while stationary and also run them so tight they turned the races blue for thousands of kms no worries.

When the taper roller bearings in your wheels are nearly an inch thick across their face you can get away with a lot of abuse :v:

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
So a few days ago someone posted some crazy pictures of race car aero. Tiny little carbon wings for days. Does any one have a link or remember what thread that was posted in? I wanted to read more into it but I cant find it anymore.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

I have never had Grand Cru but holy poo poo have you had Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge jesus loving gently caress

I have and its really good... But Rodenbach. You will not be disappointed.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I use a small powered mixer to mix it up right in the cup and it mixes perfectly smooth, texture makes a difference because chunky protein shakes suck.

Get some peanut butter powder too, it mixes WAY better than actual peanut butter with less fat and tastes better.

https://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5/dp/B002GJ9JWS?th=1

They sell it at walmart too.
I have pb powder too and love it but get the gently caress out of here with the "tastes better"

No one eats spoonfuls of pb powder. :colbert:

I dont find it mixes better either. Regular pb will blend just fine, sometimes the powder stays in little compact balls.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well as a follow up to my little grades meltdown, it turns out that the classes I got Ds in will be good enough for me to graduate, so provided I do well in Vibrations this semester I can still graduate next spring. Registered for my senior design course already.

gently caress this is creeping up on me, feels like just yesterday I was walking back into the community college to go back to school after Sears turned out to be a garbage job. That was four years ago, I hadn't even settled on a major then.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

Well as a follow up to my little grades meltdown, it turns out that the classes I got Ds in will be good enough for me to graduate, so provided I do well in Vibrations this semester I can still graduate next spring. Registered for my senior design course already.

Ds get degrees, motherfucker.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

I have pb powder too and love it but get the gently caress out of here with the "tastes better"

No one eats spoonfuls of pb powder. :colbert:

I dont find it mixes better either. Regular pb will blend just fine, sometimes the powder stays in little compact balls.

Tastes better mixed in a drink yes, by the spoonful no lol.

Regular PB is oily (fat) and harder to clean off everything, the powder has almost no fat and doesn't have that issue.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Ds get degrees, motherfucker.

See that's the thing, my school's engineering department is slowly instituting a C or better policy for all prerequisite courses. So if you get a D in course 1, you technically passed, but if course 2 requires course 1 as a pre-req, you can't take 2 until you re-take 1.

The policy seems to be just behind my catalog year. So I can take Senior Design with a D in heat transfer, but starting next fall it'll have to be a C or better. I was afraid that it was already coming into effect for this fall and that I'd be caught out by it, but I finally heard back from my adviser and I'm good.

I fully endorse a D for Done mindset, but in my case it doesn't always apply.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Used 5 hours of holiday to get a 4 day weekend which is pretty sweet.
Could have only used 3.5 hours but wanted overtime pay.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I have and its really good... But Rodenbach. You will not be disappointed.

Roger wilco. I was just looking at that yesterday and curious, so I'll pick some up with the next shipment!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Lovely. A coworker just parked his Sequoia on the hood of my car. He was trying fit it into a compact only spot while on the phone.

Edit: he wants to pay out of pocket instead of going through insurance.

Hahaha no.

:fuckoff:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
why not? just get his insurance info and if he doesnt pay up, contact them to have it handled

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Goober Peas posted:

Lovely. A coworker just parked his Sequoia on the hood of my car. He was trying fit it into a compact only spot while on the phone.

How is that even possible?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BraveUlysses posted:

why not? just get his insurance info and if he doesnt pay up, contact them to have it handled

Yeah if insurance companies get wind of it on either side you might wind up paying higher rates too.

Before everyone gets their rear end on their shoulders about "BUT SOMEONE ELSES gently caress UP SHOULDN'T AFFECT MY RATES..."

Someone hit my sisters parked car. Her rates went up significantly when she renewed.
I got rear ended at a stop sign. My rates went up. I got rear ended in traffic. My rates went up. I got side swiped when I was parallel parked on the street. My rates went up.
Some doofus managed to wreck into the rear of my wife's Rav4 while she was parked in a spot. Her rates went up when she renewed. (She later totaled that vehicle and somehow her rates didn't go up that time :shrug:)

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I saw an F250 put a trailer hitch ball through the windshield of a miata without touching any other part of the car :iiam:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Low car/tall truck. Not that hard to do, it happened to my wife's car a couple of years ago. Coworker was backing out of a space and didn't check her mirror, backed a moderately lifted Jeep Cherokee over the hood of my wife's Mazda 6 maybe 3 days after she got it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

That moment when you hear a ton of cops and a helicopter go flying by, so you start listening to the police radio.

"Homicide suspect is driving an RV at relatively low speeds"

Did Breaking Bad get renewed for another season? (and moved to TX...)

Well that didn't end well

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Unless the damage is slight AND you expect they can pay up, there's a good chance he can gently caress you over if you don't go through insurance.

If you do decide to try letting him pay out of pocket, force him to sign a statement of liability, that way it isn't your word against his if he decides to be a poo poo down the road.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Maksimus54 posted:

Sour beer recommendations? PNW and Westcoast specific please. I'm big on most other beer styles but just haven't dug into the sour scene yet

Sierra Nevada Otra Vez is pretty good.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/mechanic-george-cheese-locked-cage-13086388

What the gently caress.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I hope Audi themselves fire each and every last one at that shop. That is ridiculous.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Well it is just character building old chap.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

... What the gently caress are you guys on over there in jolly ol'? That poo poo weirds me out and I live in Florida. :psyduck:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Geoj posted:

Low car/tall truck. Not that hard to do, it happened to my wife's car a couple of years ago. Coworker was backing out of a space and didn't check her mirror, backed a moderately lifted Jeep Cherokee over the hood of my wife's Mazda 6 maybe 3 days after she got it.

That's what I mean, how do you not look where you're going whilst driving a car?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Steering wheel fully locked in one direction trying to pull into a space, his tire climbed right up the front passenger side of my car (I had backed into my space). Little contact with his bumper.

Taking it by my buddy's body shop after lunch.

Just got a confirmed claim with his insurance agent, they're taking full responsibility. Damage is easily $3k. He has State Fart (I have 3 SF agents in my family - I'm in good hands? lol)

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 25, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I'm just dreaming but would love to hear people's thoughts on if this would be worth $750 (it's an AMEX platinum offer I just got sent):

Experience the agility, speed, and luxury of Lamborghini as you test the limits of the dynamic Aventador S, Hurac˙n Coupe, and Hurac˙n RWD Coupé on the iconic triangular 2.5 mile track
- Partake in cornering, acceleration, braking and full-track driving exercises under the guidance of professional Lamborghini instructors
- Learn about the innovative solutions that Lamborghini is adopting for their future series-production models
- During a private lunch hosted by an Automobili Lamborghini Senior Executive, discover how the company's vast history and finest Italian traditions are helping develop the future of exotic cars
- Enjoy unprecedented thrills during an on-track racing experience unlike any other, with one of the world's premiere super sports car manufacturers

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It sounds fun, but I'm not sure it's worth $750.

Depends how much seat time you get, and how much freedom to actually drive the car(s) without being excessively nannied.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Goober Peas posted:

Steering wheel fully locked in one direction trying to pull into a space, his tire climbed right up the front passenger side of my car (I had backed into my space). Little contact with his bumper.

Taking it by my buddy's body shop after lunch.

Just got a confirmed claim with his insurance agent, they're taking full responsibility. Damage is easily $3k. He has State Fart (I have 3 SF agents in my family - I'm in good hands? lol)

Body shop initial estimate of $4400 - new HID headlight, bumper, grille, pax outer fender, hood, wheel/tire, paint. No apparent damage to the structure, all cosmetic.

Also, dude was an early-30s investment banker. I wish I could share his name because it is about the most early-30s investment banker name anyone could ever come up with.

I'm with you guys -- I don't know how you could be so daft to drive your truck up a car and/or try to fit your barge into a tugboat slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

InitialDave posted:

It sounds fun, but I'm not sure it's worth $750.

Depends how much seat time you get, and how much freedom to actually drive the car(s) without being excessively nannied.

I'm not either, what does one of those rent a lambo at a track for 3 laps or whatever cost?

• Locked thread