Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

engaging in crazy conspiracy theory stuff and accusing david lynch of raping his daughter and somehow causing the death of jack nance

Yeah he's pretty much just a crazy rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He was banned from the annual Twin Peaks fan convention for getting really drink and "making people uncomfortable," whatever you take that to mean. It's mentioned on the Fire Walk With Me dvd special features.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah he went nuts and made a bunch of crazy accusations on facebook which of course got screencapped:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
just popping in to say don't bully james. he was a dweeb but he's old and lonely now.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah he went nuts and made a bunch of crazy accusations on facebook which of course got screencapped:

What's strangest about it is that his profile picture was (and perhaps still is) fanart of him from Twin Peaks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

EmmyOk posted:

What's strangest about it is that his profile picture was (and perhaps still is) fanart of him from Twin Peaks.

oh dude absolutely does not care enough to stop profiting off it

he tried to sell a TRUMP/PENCE bumper sticker in the twin peaks font

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Blockhouse posted:

he tried to sell a TRUMP/PENCE bumper sticker in the twin peaks font

Hahah, Jesus Christ

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Wild Horses posted:

just popping in to say don't bully james. he was a dweeb but he's old and lonely now.

Uh excuse me sir, but in case you haven't heard James was always cool.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
James always being cool is officially canon and inarguable.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You know you guys can just report the troll, responding as if they're here for an actual discussion just makes it worse.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

His Facebook page is gold, everyone should have a read at his succinct analysis of Trump

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Clouseau posted:

James always being cool is officially canon and inarguable.

If it's not made into a shirt I will be insanely disappointed.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
It'd be hilarious if Rasheeda Jones popped up at some point.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Did Hank Jennings suck his domino at one point or was that just a fever dream I had

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
he did.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Nice...!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Kulkasha posted:

It'd be hilarious if Rasheeda Jones popped up at some point.

I'm hoping she does and heather graham is a secret character since they are both on Angie Tribeca

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Guys talking about what to watch in the downtime between episodes, Showtime is streaming Frankenhooker.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Has anyone made note of all the numbers that keep popping up in S3? They're pretty prominent and all over the place. The giant gives some, the arm gives some, there are numbers that change on the electrical socket machine, the junkie lady blurts some out. There's a bunch more too, even back in FWWM.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only one I've noticed referring to anything so far is 253, as (ep 3) it is 2:53 when Evil Coop starts vomiting and Dougie gets sent to the Lodge instead.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

cptn_dr posted:

This seems relevant:

(Spoilered since it relates to episode 3)

Just quoting myself, but this was in the Missing Pieces.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

Just quoting myself, but this was in the Missing Pieces.
This was in FWWM. I'm 35 min in and saw it about 10 min ago.

Mr. Stay-Puft
Jul 5, 2007
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that could never destroy us.

Luchadork posted:

Uh excuse me sir, but in case you haven't heard James was always cool.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Josh Lyman posted:

This was in FWWM. I'm 35 min in and saw it about 10 min ago.

Ah, cool. I wasn't sure - I watched MP more recently than FWWM, and couldn't remember. It must have been extended for MP.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

The only one I've noticed referring to anything so far is 253, as (ep 3) it is 2:53 when Evil Coop starts vomiting and Dougie gets sent to the Lodge instead.

Also speaking of ep 3... In the space adventure game part, Cooper sees a... whatever... with a 15 on it. Later, the one with a 3 on it is the one he gets sucked through. My first thought was that obviously he went through the 3 portal because it's episode 3, so I expect something big to happen in episode 15 that refers back to the space/blind-lady/whatever the gently caress

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Laura Palmer crying/crazy eyes seemed familiar.

And then it hit me.

Carrie Matheson.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I will build a great development -- and nobody builds developments better than me, believe me --and I'll build it very inexpensively. I will build a great, great development in Ghostwood National Forest, and I will make Iceland pay for that development. Mark my words.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I will build a great development -- and nobody builds developments better than me, believe me --and I'll build it very inexpen*crashes bike*

Fixed it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

May the road rise up to meet your wheels!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

May the road rise up to meet your skull!
Fixed that for you.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just finished FWWM. A few thoughts:

-I don't think it was a very good movie. That's not because it's a "horror" film--in fact, I liked the mystery aspect of Twin Peaks much more than the small town stuff. But anything not involving the supernatural stuff had terrible dialogue, and presumably you're no longer spoofing soaps. The first act with Teresa Banks' murder felt tacked on. Also the editing was not great.
-There was an unexpected amount of Laura Palmer nudity.
-Moira Kelly has always been terrible.
-I think they forgot to paint out the wires suspending Ray Wise at the end when Bob takes his garmonbozia.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 25, 2017

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

TheMaestroso posted:

I don't think there's enough info about BOB from the series to justify laying out rules for how he acts. He's only been shown to inhabit one person before, and that was Leland. He tried to transfer to young women multiple times, and failed with each, resorting to killing them.
I have to retract my Cooper Non-Bob theory. I just listened to the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, and Doppelganger Coop quotes one of Bob's lines from the diary. I'd still like to think it's true because I find Dale Cooper's shadow self much more interesting than Bob at this point, but evidence points against it.

Which young women, other than Laura, did Bob try to transfer himself to? We don't see anything similar with Maddie or Theresa Banks, and Mike doesn't mention it as part of his MO (modus operandi). And thematically, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Bob represents psychological damage in victims of child molestation and the perpetuation of abuse. Laura was special to Leland because, through her, he could repeat his own childhood abuse but with himself as the aggressor. Robertson raped Leland when he was a boy, so he raped Laura when she was 12. She, in turn, victimized innocents like Harold and Donna. Leland's other known victims appear to have been adults or at least could pass as adults, didn't victimize others, and they were well-treated up until he beat them to death.

quote:

Whatever Bad Coop is, he likely created a decoy, Dougie, as part of a plan to avoid being pulled back into the Black Lodge when the time was supposed to come: 25 years after his escape, at what ended up being 2:53 pm. To me, that speaks of someone who is intimately familiar with the rules of the Black Lodge and how to manipulate things within it. Dale has no idea how to do any of that.
Well, we don't have enough info about Doppelganger Coop to lay out exactly what he knows or how he ought to act, either.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm never a fan of weird theories that try to explain what's going on. I just enjoy the imagery of the show. The actual explanation of what's happening doesn't have to make logical sense for me to enjoy it, and plotholes and tangents are fine.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Josh Lyman posted:

-I think they forgot to paint out the wires suspending Ray Wise at the end when Bob takes his garmonbozia.

I'd not noticed that, but even if so, it makes sense. It's a good puppet on strings metaphor.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Just finished FWWM. A few thoughts:

-I don't think it was a very good movie. That's not because it's a "horror" film--in fact, I liked the mystery aspect of Twin Peaks much more than the small town stuff. But anything not involving the supernatural stuff had terrible dialogue, and presumably you're no longer spoofing soaps. The first act with Teresa Banks' murder felt tacked on. Also the editing was not great.
-There was an unexpected amount of Laura Palmer nudity.
-Moira Kelly has always been terrible.

1) The first act is bad.
2) Of the David Lynch movies I've seen, it's the one that feels closest to what people accuse him of: putting random weird imagery onscreen.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Pedro De Heredia posted:

1) The first act is bad.
2) Of the David Lynch movies I've seen, it's the one that feels closest to what people accuse him of: putting random weird imagery onscreen.

Good thing you haven't seen Inland Empire.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really don't get the more recent rise in status for FWWM. The brick-level subtlety really doesn't work at all.

Also this video is awful and terrible and I love it http://youtu.be/sv0PAoNFNLU?a

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

My personal belief system, Harry Dean Stanton hasn't been in a bad movie. Granted I have not seen Cockfighter (1974)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

A handful of the cast and Mark Frost were on Donahue two days before the s1 finale and Donahue says regarding the mystery of Laura's killer, "You cannot tease an audience forever, I assume you agree?" and Mark says "No you cant, and I agree." I know ABC was responsible for the early reveal but still, Mark. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibn3wzHIE6Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Shibawanko posted:

I'm never a fan of weird theories that try to explain what's going on. I just enjoy the imagery of the show. The actual explanation of what's happening doesn't have to make logical sense for me to enjoy it, and plotholes and tangents are fine.

I'm with you on that. I think everything that needs to be explained is or will be as necessary.

I enjoy the absurd, abstract and spooky parts for what they are, like a weird-rear end dream... and it's not as enjoyable if I sit there and try to pick everything apart and try to rearrange it. I don't think there's a code to crack here. It's David loving Lynch.