Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

What are the Ozarks? What are the Appalachians? My dude, I'm from the west and I give my Virginian/North Carolinian gf poo poo about growing up next to hills, but you're a goddamn idiot

The Ozarks are a series of hills. The Appalachians are a series of hills.

I am just like confused that there is any question about this at all.

Like, I like potato chips, but I don't call potato chips lasagna. The Appalachian Hills are a geographic feature that have no wilderness areas, that are thoroughly suburbanized, and that are covered with freeways.

They are also the home of Gianforte, who grew up in suburban Pennsylvania. If the people of Montana accept him tomorrow, it is a sign that they have believed that the same ridiculous beliefs that you have: that someone who grew up in the suburbs of Pennsylvania somehow is our equal because they decide to put on an outdoor costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Night10194 posted:

Wait, WOLF BLITZER went after someone?

Raylen posted:

lol I will have to watch this. The fact that Chaffetz is such a dick and won't even be honest about things while he waits to resign is a symptom of how spineless and weak-willed Republicans are.

I set it to start at the part about Trump's hotels and Chaffetz' absurd "whatever they say is right" answer but the "hostility" between them came earlier in the interview. Its not like a yelling match of anything but Wolf actually pushes back on some of Chaffetz' bullshit, which is drat near fighting for Wolf.

Its not some GREAT clip, it was just weird to see Blitzer kind of do his job. And its Chaffetz' usual bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2W_GDiNyE&t=794s

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"You can't vote for someone who's under investigation by the FBI. " - republicans last summer

"Who cares if he assaulted a reporter for asking a question and has already been charged for it and there are publicly available recordings of the incident and three Fox News reporters confirming what happened? Gotta vote for that republican!" - 48% or so of voters in Montana tomorrow

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

pkay posted:

Lol Gianforte and his ilk are a giant pussies. They get physical and tough with women and smaller stature men. It seems to go the other way when they talk to larger men journalist however. These folks are the definition of fake tough guys. Imagine if Trump talked to the construction workers that he contracts out with his tough guy bullshit? He would get smacked in his face and he knows it.

I'll have you know that tiny hands means smaller area/force* therefore greater pressure.

*tiny force.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Why is this idiot still posting about geography

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

I set it to start at the part about Trump's hotels and Chaffetz' absurd "whatever they say is right" answer but the "hostility" between them came earlier in the interview. Its not like a yelling match of anything but Wolf actually pushes back on some of Chaffetz' bullshit, which is drat near fighting for Wolf.

Its not some GREAT clip, it was just weird to see Blitzer kind of do his job. And its Chaffetz' usual bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2W_GDiNyE&t=794s

I'm watching the whole interview and Chaffetz's smug little smile is loving infuriating. Earlier in the interview, Chaffetz gets pissy when Wolf pushes back on the whole "Flynn was vetted by Obama too!!!" story.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

glowing-fish posted:

Arkansas? No. Arkansas is almost totally flat, which is why they had plantation agriculture, which is why the people there are weak. Like, isn't this a basic fact that everyone knows?

poo poo they must have moved the ozark fuckin mountains since i last drove into fayetteville yesterday my bad

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

He should have to pay Jacobs' premiums. Neck injuries aren't cheap!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Misdemeanor likely means that there weren't any broken bones after all. Not sure what Montana's definition of serious bodily injury is but that's generally the ballpark.

Will it likely amount to a slap on the wrist? Maybe - he's a far cry from the folks I rep'ed at the public defenders' office in terms of resources and, uh, having the sheriff as a campaign donor, but there's still going to be a pretty juicy civil suit for Ben at the end of the day on this one and it's hard to measure the amount of damage he just did to his political career at this point.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Haha you know nothing about Arkansas

Nearly half of Arkansas is pure mountains or hills. The whole west half

The highest point in Arkansas is 2700 feet.

That is a hill!

The highest point in Arkansas is 800 feet lower than my house in Montana, and I lived at the bottom of one of Montana's lower valleys.

Like, without exagerration, I grew up thinking of "mountains" as meaning places that are rocky, covered with snow 10 months a year, at least a mile above sea level, above the timberline...Like, you East Coast people know that "Timberline" isn't just a brand name for clothing, that is a real thing, an altitude where trees don't grow? You do know that, right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When Ryan Mallett worked out for the Cininnati Bengals, he said they had worse facilities than the Arkansas Razorbacks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raylen posted:

I'm watching the whole interview and Chaffetz's smug little smile is loving infuriating. Earlier in the interview, Chaffetz gets pissy when Wolf pushes back on the whole "Flynn was vetted by Obama too!!!" story.

Yeah, that's when it got the most "heated" when Wolf was actually saying "No, Obama didn't give Flynn the clearance he needed to be part of the Trump Administration. That was the Trump Administration." and Chaffetz just started yelling "I've been in classified briefings so I know more than you!" Wolf showed enough spine to make Chaffetz freak out a little.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Jesus loving christ, shut up about goddamn mountains/hills/coasts you sperging idiot.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Itt one man's quixotic quest to call everything smaller than Everest a hill

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Frogfingers posted:

He should have to pay Jacobs' premiums. Neck injuries aren't cheap!

The settlement from the inevitable civil suit will pay plenty of premiums. I don't think Ben has to worry about going out of pocket on this one.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

empty whippet box posted:

"You can't vote for someone who's under investigation by the FBI. " - republicans last summer

"Who cares if he assaulted a reporter for asking a question and has already been charged for it and there are publicly available recordings of the incident and three Fox News reporters confirming what happened? Gotta vote for that republican!" - 48% or so of voters in Montana tomorrow

In fairness: If turnout matches what is anticipated, 2/3 of all voters were cast before this news broke.

Dems have 2 jobs tomorrow: In MT: Drive turnout. Around the rest of the country? Get videotaped/recorded statements from GOP congresscritters and PACs regarding the assault (as well as earlier examples with Price and the FCC) especially any who have endorsed in MT-AL. Retractions (RINOs! :bahgawd:) can be used by their primary opponents, while refusal to retract/disavow will be fantastic in 2018 elections.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

theflyingorc posted:

...the "fake Russian document" seems perfectly adequate to spin up an investigation on, and I don't see why being wrong means that Comey was actually stupid. I'm sure the FBI investigates based on false intel all the time.

Hi Comey.

Since you're here, how does it feel to be spending your prime years posting on a dead gay forum instead of running the FBI.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

Misdemeanor likely means that there weren't any broken bones after all. Not sure what Montana's definition of serious bodily injury is but that's generally the ballpark.

Will it likely amount to a slap on the wrist? Maybe - he's a far cry from the folks I rep'ed at the public defenders' office in terms of resources and, uh, having the sheriff as a campaign donor, but there's still going to be a pretty juicy civil suit for Ben at the end of the day on this one and it's hard to measure the amount of damage he just did to his political career at this point.

Your logic is obstructing poetic justice.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
*buys a plane ticket to nepal*

*sees mount everest*

"pfffffffft you call that a MOUNTAIN? come to montana if you want to see something besides a HILL"

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Dude gently caress off with the mountain envy already.

How about "if it was part of the CSA it's a southern state"?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

glowing-fish posted:

That is a hill!

The highest point in Arkansas is 800 feet lower than my house in Montana, and I lived at the bottom of one of Montana's lower valleys.

Like, without exagerration, I grew up thinking of "mountains" as meaning places that are rocky, covered with snow 10 months a year, at least a mile above sea level, above the timberline...Like, you East Coast people know that "Timberline" isn't just a brand name for clothing, that is a real thing, an altitude where trees don't grow? You do know that, right?

This is the most bizarre derail. I grew up 1000 feet higher than you did and neither me nor anybody else who grew up there has any problems with referring to peaks not the Rockies as "mountains"

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
like, he's wholly correct that arkansas needs to be destroyed with extreme prejudice so its stupidity doesn't spread but he's coming off as peggy hill-esque in his insane montana fetish

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
They're mountains, numbnuts.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
gently caress you, I'm a mountain.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Low Desert Punk posted:

Why is this idiot still posting about geography

an unbecoming focus on claiming forested mountains are in fact suburban plains

actually the technical term is feeblephilia

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

glowing-fish posted:

That is a hill!

the average american cares more about their local baseball team than they do about their elevation relative to sea level you loving moron

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
a twelve episode HGTV miniseries in which this guy flies to the highest peaks on the planet and blows off people living near them telling them to see montana if they want to gaze upon something besides a fuckin' hill

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They wouldn't call it BIG SKY BREWING if they didn't have mountains.

Moose Drools good beer.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

gently caress that sheriff for just charging him with a misdemeanor, if we teach rich people and politicians that they can assault journalists and get off just having to pay $500, we're gonna see a lot more journalists getting hit.

and double gently caress his campaign's bullshit statement. I'd really love for the police to release the statement he/his lawyer made to them, because I bet his story changed remarkably between the two statements.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

More like Our Kansas.

Remarkably effective for trolling some folks.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What are the odds this assault tanks Greg Gianforte's campaign because I need that to happen.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
The only real mountains weigh 500 lbs and have likely boned Lena Headey.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I like this geography (from the National Weather Service).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joe-Bob
May 12, 2005

GO BIG RED
College Slice

Craig K posted:

*buys a plane ticket to nepal*

*sees mount everest*

"pfffffffft you call that a MOUNTAIN? come to montana if you want to see something besides a HILL"

As far as I'm concerned, it's not really a mountain until someone goes and carves some dead racists into the side of it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DC Murderverse posted:

gently caress that sheriff for just charging him with a misdemeanor, if we teach rich people and politicians that they can assault journalists and get off just having to pay $500, we're gonna see a lot more journalists getting hit.

and double gently caress his campaign's bullshit statement. I'd really love for the police to release the statement he/his lawyer made to them, because I bet his story changed remarkably between the two statements.

Convince twelve people dumb enough to get on that jury to hit a felony.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Frogfingers posted:

Your logic is obstructing poetic justice.

You're fired. Sans poetry.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
nasa launches a multibillion dollar mission to fly this guy to mars, so he can see olympus mons, and say "pfft i drive up bigger mountains goin for smokes"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

glowing-fish posted:

That is a hill!

I'll be totally honest, I have no idea what literally anything you are harping about has to do with either American Politics OR Donald Trump.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lol you have to be pretty pathetic to try to call the Appalachians Mountains a range of hills.

That's not just wrong it is anti-science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Crain posted:

gently caress you, I'm a mountain.

Of stupid.

• Locked thread