Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The gently caress does Opie need an office for anyway? The only prep he's ever mentioned doing himself is watching or reading poo poo which he does in his comfy apartment while being A Father.

Definitely don't need an office to do the current show, which is "a bunch of guys just shoot the poo poo randomly and laugh at each other's jokes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the mother's day chip podcast was pretty good, especially since the best chip stuff is whenever he talks about his mother.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
How many times did Lamar (or another African-American male) come up during that one?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

CrashCat posted:

The gently caress does Opie need an office for anyway? The only prep he's ever mentioned doing himself is watching or reading poo poo which he does in his comfy apartment while being A Father.

Definitely don't need an office to do the current show, which is "a bunch of guys just shoot the poo poo randomly and laugh at each other's jokes"

It's all a power move, they feel like they "deserve" an office space. A host I worked with was the exact same way, bitched about keeping his desk when they wanted someone to take it. They stuck his somewhere else and there it sat dormant for several years until he left, never to be touched by him as he was in and out of the studios with maybe 10 minute cushions everyday.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

T Bowl posted:

It's all a power move, they feel like they "deserve" an office space. A host I worked with was the exact same way, bitched about keeping his desk when they wanted someone to take it. They stuck his somewhere else and there it sat dormant for several years until he left, never to be touched by him as he was in and out of the studios with maybe 10 minute cushions everyday.

Not a shock. Opie is still pretending there's a radio market for shock jocks and he's not a never-was who got lucky with one incident and then vanished off the collective radar.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Opie works 3 hours a day and has no talent yet feels he should have his way with everything... it's hilarious. ....But he still wins since he's a millionaire from riding the wave of other people who are actually funny.

He's like an Agent but on-air.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Complaining about your bosses is old shock jock shtick. He's done it forever just as every other shock jock has. And since that's all he knows how to do, he's continuing to use it despite the fact that the most popular audio content is coming from people carrying a laptop and microphone around doing podcasts.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
That Basquiat painting Ron owns probably just went up in value significantly. One just sold for $110.5 Million, a record for a US artist.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Niwrad posted:

Complaining about your bosses is old shock jock shtick. He's done it forever just as every other shock jock has. And since that's all he knows how to do, he's continuing to use it despite the fact that the most popular audio content is coming from people carrying a laptop and microphone around doing podcasts.

The shock jock poo poo was always being at war with the bosses and 'standing up for the listeners' bullshit. Opie seems to be pioneering sad sack radio.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
When I saw that Weiner selfie on the front page of a newspaper the other day I seriously thought Ant had made it into the news. Doubly so when the text referred to inappropriate actions with a minor. Even when I saw "Weiner" my brain didn't process it as a name but a NY Post style pun.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Technically wasn't Ant the one who blew that whole case wide open by showing the dick pic to PalTalk when Brietbart was in studio?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Kevyn posted:

Technically wasn't Ant the one who blew that whole case wide open by showing the dick pic to PalTalk when Brietbart was in studio?

Considering the margins you could argue that that declining shock jock radio show was directly responsible for Trumps presidency, in a butterfly flapping it's wings makes a hurricane sort of way

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Considering the margins you could argue that that declining shock jock radio show was directly responsible for Trumps presidency, in a butterfly flapping it's wings makes a hurricane sort of way

I would see the Weiner pic thing as another case where the show couldn't get press to save its own life. There have been a few moments where the show could have made something out of their momentary fame (wasn't there a Clinton based one in 2016 that Opie tried to get on top of but was ignored?) but it never stuck. And after 2014, it hardly mattered since the stink of Ant's racism pretty much put it out of everybody's mind to begin with.

The only real fame the show seems to have is being mentioned in passing but never directly, the uncool kid that does something really cool once but is quietly shoved out of the way while the cool thing persists and they're stuck saying 'but I did it, I created it, don't I get to be cool as well?'

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The only real fame the show seems to have is being mentioned in passing but never directly, the uncool kid that does something really cool once but is quietly shoved out of the way while the cool thing persists and they're stuck saying 'but I did it, I created it, don't I get to be cool as well?'

Ah so it's like Something Awful's contributions to internet culture and memes :)

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Clown Clownerson rules

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

80s James Hetfield posted:

Clown Clownerson rules

genuinely terrifying

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuqFJGtLJU

I hope you guys have seen these videos of chip terrorizing jim norton's manager but if not...

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Giga Gaia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuqFJGtLJU

I hope you guys have seen these videos of chip terrorizing jim norton's manager but if not...

These short clips are Chip at it's finest. The podcast is a little forced when you have to do the bit for 20 minutes and then all the stuff Chip never used to say or do starts happening

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Did anyone watch the Twin Peaks revival and notice the guy at the apartment murder scene who looked like Jim Norton with Progeria carrying a doctor's bag started talking about Chip when the cops approached him?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I would see the Weiner pic thing as another case where the show couldn't get press to save its own life.

They did get mention from Bill Maher calling them "Fartman and rear end in a top hat Jack" which REALLY pissed them off. I think Anthony did 30 minutes yelling about what a oval office Maher was.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Oh man, the comments on every O&A, or rather, J&S video, are so deliciously sad sometimes. I wonder if all pests were like this or if this is just the worst of them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Morter posted:

Oh man, the comments on every O&A, or rather, J&S video, are so deliciously sad sometimes. I wonder if all pests were like this or if this is just the worst of them.

They've cultivated a rabid fan base that knows only insults, bitterness, hatred, and trucking. It's what they deserve.

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 25, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/867435454542606341
https://mobile.twitter.com/anthonycumia/status/867435909590941696
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/867447135226220544

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Is this the entirety of their exchange? I went on the O&A Reddit and they seem to imply that there was a Anthony vs Chelsea twitter fight going on, and then I realized I have no idea how to follow conversations on either Reddit or Twitter :smith:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That's the extent of their exchange. At least from her side.

He's having a tantrum about liberal fascism now or something.

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 25, 2017

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Well he did launch this clever rejoinder to her tweet:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyCumia/status/867451016219852800

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Glad Anthony is still an enormous pile of poo poo who is worse than whatever he thinks the Clintons are.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He used the wrong your/you're literally two words after he used the proper one in the same context.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Disabled children getting healthcare? Not with my tax dollars!

*rants impotently on twitter*

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nice that the echo chamber of replies is full of the standard nonsense.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh Chelsea Clinton is exactly as qualified and experienced with the nuances of American health care politics as Anthony

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kevyn posted:

He used the wrong your/you're literally two words after he used the proper one in the same context.

The sad thing is that you can't really tell if it's due to the alcoholism or stupidity, or just both meshing together to form the trainwreck of his life.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Disabled children getting healthcare? Not with my tax dollars!

*rants impotently on twitter*

"I don't believe in handouts at all...oh, hi, Joe, I'll be right there with the check."

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Yeah when you become a regular on Alex Jones show there's a lot more at play than just alcohol.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

beep by grandpa posted:

Tbh Chelsea Clinton is exactly as qualified and experienced with the nuances of American health care politics as Anthony

No not even. She has a degree in history, a Masters in Public Health and a PhD in International relations.

He's just some drug addled racist tin knocker/shock jock.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
So you're saying Anthony is more qualified.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Under the vegetable posted:

So you're saying Anthony is more qualified.

I'm just as qualified to fly this plane as these pilots. What makes them so special anyways! I didn't even go to pilot school and I could do a better job probably! - an idiot

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I think in practice they would probably both completely gently caress over the ability of any person with a yearly income under the mid six figures from getting any decent care, aka business as usual

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I think in practice they would probably both completely gently caress over the ability of any person with a yearly income under the mid six figures from getting any decent care, aka business as usual

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

But Anthony will make really awesome references from 60s television while he does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
ah yes heres who will finally eliminate massive insurance industry subsidies and price fixing with medicare for all, the establishment neolib democrat

• Locked thread