Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

A big flaming stink posted:

you can't spend negative mana on mirror entity. And even if you did, all your creatures get like +15/+15 from every lord suddenly counting.

e: also this:

:thejoke:

So: target Kira with Mangara. Finish it with Shauku. Kill Angel of Jubilation with Drana or something, or find a way to get rid of Avacyn and you can kill whatever you want. Go off. Alternatively get rid of the guy in the quoted post and the angel, wait a turn and don't pay any upkeep costs.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Molybdenum posted:

Your own burning tree shaman would kill you without first activating abilities that gain you a lot of life. Tree of redemption I guess ??

No, it wouldn't. You have a Platinum Emperion. Your life total can't change.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

suicidesteve posted:

Did nobody read the article?

No

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Hellsau posted:

Yes.

Long answer: Yes. Creatures with 0 toughness get put into the graveyard when state-based effects are checked, which is whenever a player would gain priority. So basically immediately after the Grasping Dunes ability resolves and puts a -1/-1 counter, your 1/0 dies.

e: Frank Karsten has brought us an important theoretical article: What happens if you put every creature into play at once?

Ok follow up. Does it also get sent to the graveyard when the attack is zero?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Blizzy_Cow posted:

No, zero power creatures can sit around just fine. They just don't deal damage when attacking or blocking, among other things.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Nope, it'll just deal zero damage. It can still die if a creature with a power equal or greater than the 0 power creature's toughness blocks it.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
You can even have creatures end up with negative power if they have enough penalties applied to them! Negative numbers are functionally zero for the purposes of doing damage (a creature with -2 power won't heal a player by attacking them, for instance), but it matters if another bonus tries to give them more power later or something.

One key note is that creatures with no power don't assign combat damage and thus don't count as having dealt damage for the purposes of effects that care about these things. Suppose you attacked your opponent with a 0 power creature enchanted with this card:

Even if your opponent didn't block, you wouldn't get to draw a card because it never did damage. Stuff like deathtouch works the same way.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
So I can pay 6 for final judgement where looking at okagachi gets creatures exiled or I can play okagachi and get a bad vindicate on a creature.

Make kamigawa great again

Edit:. In my head I had okagachi on the same level as the three eldrazi Titans but this card seriously disappoints in that regard.

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 25, 2017

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

An insanely cool legendary that is actually just kinda garbage is absolutely very in-theme with Kamigawa. Glad to see wotc still knows what made that plane notable.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Okay, what are you guys talking about?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Veyrall posted:

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/777087-c17-possible-leaks-real-fake-not-yet-determined

e: my guess is they're fake due to the low collectors number on Wasitora

e2: or maybe gatherer doesn't actually sort by the actual collectors number for some goddamned reason

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 25, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Veyrall posted:

Unverified supposed Commander 2017 spoils

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I could see 5 color dragons as a theme, but those all seem...just so bizarre and awful? Just...awful. Each of them.

Just, like what? Cat dragon? Why? Why is Okagachi not indestructible? And the Ur-Dragon looks like a card an over-enthusiastic 9-year old would design.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
All I can think of is how adorable the Cat Dragon token is :3:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Veyrall posted:

I could see 5 color dragons as a theme, but those all seem...just so bizarre and awful? Just...awful. Each of them.

Just, like what? Cat dragon? Why? Why is Okagachi not indestructible? And the Ur-Dragon looks like a card an over-enthusiastic 9-year old would design.

Cat-Dragons are actually an old mtg lore thing. And Okagachi is presumably not indestructible because this is after That Which Was Taken was stolen from him.

That said, 'if that player attacked you' wording makes me think this is pretty suss.

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 25, 2017

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Okay, so apparently Nekoru is an actual figure in old magic lore, but even so...

God I hope these are fake.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the cat dragon token is too adorable to be real

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

If it weren't fake, the token would indicate what colors it is :(

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Cat Dragon.

Unfortunately that token looks incredibly fake.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ur-Dragon is the dumbest card that still could be real I've seen in a while

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I feel like I've seen that art from Ur Dragon before.

But yeah that cat dragon token proves they're fake.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone with SCG Premium have MIchael Majors' latest Death Shadow list?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
These seem fine for edh dragon decks and the first one is a completely reasonable card? What am I missing? idk don't play edh tho

In other news, this weekend in cube I managed to beat a near ultimate JtMS and Elspeth Sun's Champ by taking a soldier token with v shackles, tapping it with opposition to tap another one, sac it to greater gargadon, swing with goblin dark dwellers which had flashed back ancestral recall, over and over. The game alone lasted an hour and was incredibly sweet. In another game I blocked a dragonlord atarka with a reveillark, bringing back a phantasmal image cloning the dragonlord and shot atarka for the rest and a lotus cobra. Tons of other cool plays as well.

cube

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

CITATION NEEDED

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

To the best of my knowledge this is the only real 3 color token in existence, but you may or may not count it as precedent

E: Keep forgetting that mc.info is blocked

Elyv fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 25, 2017

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Pontius Pilate posted:

These seem fine for edh dragon decks and the first one is a completely reasonable card? What am I missing? idk don't play edh tho
The first one is weird because Wizards is all about "resonance" and branding and since there's no pre-existing anything for cat dragons, it'd be weird as poo poo for them to bring it back now. Not impossible, but just bizarre. O-Kagachi breaks the traditional Kamigawa god-spirit mold by not having divinity counters or indestructible, on top of having an extremely weak effect and low stats for the cost. Again, not impossible, but super-weird. And finally, the Ur-Dragon is just a complete pile of abilities, including a keyworded version of Oloro's ability to affect things from the command zone, which makes sense, coupled with an absolutely bonkers card-advantage and battlefield advantage ability that might as well read "you win the game" because there's effectively no way for the opponent/s to make any kind of comeback from that. Again, not impossible, completely, but now we're three for three for cards that just don't seem right.

Now, don't get me wrong. If you'd shown me the partner commanders as a leak, I'd have thought those were fake as poo poo too, because of how utterly weak they were. I could very well be wrong here and those could all be real cards and spoilers. It's just not likely.

Edit: Also, I would submit "Wasitora, Nekoru Queen" as a candidate for worst loving name for a card in existance. It is 2/3rds made-up nonsense fantasy language and the whole card reads like bad fanfiction.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 25, 2017

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

They don't seem to do three color tokens that often, the last time I could find was the Beast token from Shards of Alara, and that doesn't appear to have any outward sign of its colors.

Still not convinced though, that art looks super sketchy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
To my recollection the #1 indicator a leak is real is that the art is new. I'm not sure I've ever seen a fake that had plausible original art on it

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I mean I think O-Kagachi and The Ur Dragon are cool, but that Cat Dragon token looks fake as gently caress.

:sigh:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Veyrall posted:

The first one is weird because Wizards is all about "resonance" and branding and since there's no pre-existing anything for cat dragons, it'd be weird as poo poo for them to bring it back now.

Edit: Also, I would submit "Wasitora, Nekoru Queen" as a candidate for worst loving name for a card in existance. It is 2/3rds made-up nonsense fantasy language and the whole card reads like bad fanfiction.

There's no worse fanfiction than the real thing.

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 25, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Commander has a history of having weird jank going on with it's original cards so while I don't know that they're real I wouldn't discount it due to awkward elements in the cards

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

cheetah7071 posted:

To my recollection the #1 indicator a leak is real is that the art is new. I'm not sure I've ever seen a fake that had plausible original art on it
I ran cropped versions of the spoilers through GIS and saucenao, and got no hits. But GIS has become absolute trash lately and saucenao only looks at a limited selection of image boards, so if anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.

Edit: Also, the cat token has an artist credit to Cynthia Sheppard, but the token itself doesn't really look like her style. But then, she's also never done anything "cutesy" before either, and the pic is blurry. I just really, really hope these are fake, at least with different rules text.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 25, 2017

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Okagachi not having divinity counters or indestructible is plausible because the whole reason the kami war started in the first place is because his source of both was stolen.

To be honest, the fact that these both have original art and are such a deep cut of weird mtg old-lore makes me think they're real. If someone had shown me Oloro before he was released I'd have been sceptical too. I kind of want them to be fake though because 'literally every multicoloured dragon stuffed into a pile' is not my idea of an ideal tribal precon.

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 25, 2017

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Veyrall posted:

The first one is weird because Wizards is all about "resonance" and branding and since there's no pre-existing anything for cat dragons, it'd be weird as poo poo for them to bring it back now. Not impossible, but just bizarre. O-Kagachi breaks the traditional Kamigawa god-spirit mold by not having divinity counters or indestructible, on top of having an extremely weak effect and low stats for the cost. Again, not impossible, but super-weird. And finally, the Ur-Dragon is just a complete pile of abilities, including a keyworded version of Oloro's ability to affect things from the command zone, which makes sense, coupled with an absolutely bonkers card-advantage and battlefield advantage ability that might as well read "you win the game" because there's effectively no way for the opponent/s to make any kind of comeback from that. Again, not impossible, completely, but now we're three for three for cards that just don't seem right.

Now, don't get me wrong. If you'd shown me the partner commanders as a leak, I'd have thought those were fake as poo poo too, because of how utterly weak they were. I could very well be wrong here and those could all be real cards and spoilers. It's just not likely.

It makes sense for them to jam tribes together for the tribal edh set just to hit a broader spectrum of players. And I'm pretty sure they think, rightly so, that a kamigawa callback doesn't need to follow the mechanics exactly. Re: pile of abilities see Samut; and yes the 9 drop is pretty damned good when you cast it and successfully attack with dragons.

Still not comprehending why these seem implausible considering we've had a couple weird commander sets recently and Wizards.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 25, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Still waiting for someone to say "COLLECTOR NUMBER IS WRONG!!!!!!" for the Bad At Spotting Fakes trifecta

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Pontius Pilate posted:

Still not comprehending why these seem implausible considering we've had a couple weird commander sets recently and Wizards.
Probably because they're complete hot dogshit and I don't want them to be real.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
e: whoops

For contentish: another point in favor of these being real is that commander sets are basically the only way they can do weird callbacks these days.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 25, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Still waiting for someone to say "COLLECTOR NUMBER IS WRONG!!!!!!" for the Bad At Spotting Fakes trifecta

Bit late on that, homie, though that might be because Gatherer is poo poo and I'm stupid for even trying to use it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
They're probably real, and I say that mostly because I'll believe almost any reasonable leak after the mess that was colorless mana spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hellsau posted:

Bit late on that, homie, though that might be because Gatherer is poo poo and I'm stupid for even trying to use it.

Missed your edit, and you should be using http://magiccards.info