Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can you put me in anything? Callsign Sponsored by Vitaminwater (SbV for short)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bering Sea is awesome but I can't resist Shadowrun. Eastern Europe

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bering Strait

Time to make Ted Nugent regret draft dodging Vietnam by making GBS threads his pants, by bringing the planes of Vietnam to him (and making him poo poo his pants).

What I'm saying is that there should be an achievement for bombing Ted with an F-4E Phantom II - "Dodge This!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oops, also Bering Sea

Also, I'll try to get a friend in this because he has a dog in the fight.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sell the SAAB, keep the AMX's as spare bomb trucks.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I thought there were new posts but they were old posts.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

PBJ posted:

Bering Strait

Time to make Ted Nugent regret draft dodging Vietnam by making GBS threads his pants, by bringing the planes of Vietnam to him (and making him poo poo his pants).

What I'm saying is that there should be an achievement for bombing Ted with an F-4E Phantom II - "Dodge This!"

Question:

Can we drop alternate ordnance in this game? because I'm suddenly getting the itch to find Iceberg headquarters and drop airburst paintbombs and propaganda leaflets proclaiming that fur is murder just to gently caress with the guy. We will continue in spirit where angerPEACE left off.

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 25, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

orcbuster posted:

Question:

Can we drop alternate ordnance in this game? because I'm suddenly getting the itch to find Iceberg headquarters and drop airburst paintbombs and propaganda leaflets proclaiming that fur is murder just to gently caress with the guy. We will continue in spirit where angerPEACE left off.

That means nukes :v:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

JcDent posted:

Not get killed by super sharp glass knives wielded by a giant lone Native commando with a 'Poor Impulse Control' tattoo

An excellent reference.

Also, Bering Strait, because we should put that maritime ship to work. Changed later to the Balkans.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 25, 2017

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Eastern Europe

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
We should be bearing straight

Time to see that draft dodger dodge bombs.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Vote for Bering Strait and Sell Both Planes. If we can use the sales to upgrade the Phantoms, even more awesome.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

eastern Europe, planes gone

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Bering Strait. Keep the planes - we might need some 60s to light up moose or sea lions or something.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Bering Sea, Sell the sk60.

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

Bering Strait, no strong feelings towards either selling or keeping the planes, so no vote on that.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Bering Straits

We could side with the natives if they can pay with something (do they own botes? Have they perhaps commandeered a submarine they could use for barter?).

If the balkan option wins, we have contacts in Bulgaria already so Arsenal AD seems like they could be our paymaster. I am fine with this also.

Spinoff the Sk60s and such to a flying display circus that can provide ticket sales income on the side, remove from OOB.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Sell the Planes

Yooper just want to say these are both awesome Theatres. I genuinely wish we could do both. Sadly we can only do one, and as this game is Command: Modern Air/NAVAL Operations I vote for the Behring Sea. Our last two theatres have been primarily land based and I think the challenge of open water combat could create some really interesting scenarios.

Plus we might get an opportunity to snag a bote, and screw with the Nuge.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
If we go Europe, I will vote for Laser Mosin dudes and bitch endlessly about the BVR AESA Fishbeds they could have made for us.

I Tapco will also ask them if there have been improvements in material sciences over the last 40 years that would make gyrojet Martin-Henrys a possibility.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Let's do this. Bering Strait. Let's go help the natives. Hopefully they're not going to be committing war crimes.

We can go check out Eastern Europe later. Id been leaning towards YugoImport, because I'm worried that if Yugoslavia falls apart again, we'd see Yugoslav Wars 2: Balkan Boogaloo, and I'd rather not be responsible for that.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Tough choice, but going to the Bering Sea* and draining Ted Nugent's bank account sounds like too much fun to pass up.
(Balkan nerds (AD Arsenal) is the obvious second alternative, but the we bought the MPA for a reason. And if we're going to the Balkans we need helicopters.).

Sell the SK60s.

*Just remember that we owe Mitsubishi a favor.

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 25, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
we didn't buy a MPA to not go to the Bering Strait...

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Set a bearing for the Bering Strait, I didn't get assigned to a strike plane with anti-ship munitions to not use them. And sell the old planes.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Sell the old planes for sure, and charter a jet for Eastern Europe. If we're going full Shadowrun on this poo poo in the future, I want in on ground level.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

CirclMastr posted:

Bering Sea is awesome but I can't resist Shadowrun. Eastern Europe

Seriously i'd love to work for the natives but i can't resist blood in the boardroom, bring on Eastern Europe

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
gently caress getting involved in the straight now, that ship's sailed and there's been a loving nuke used as an EMP. Plus we're already under the thumb of one power in the area.

Voting Eastern Europe and Ditch the SK60s

What is this from :vince:

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 25, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Kitfox88 posted:

What is this from :vince:

ASAT Orbital Combat.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Eastern Europe

PenguinSalsa posted:

*Just remember that we owe Mitsubishi a favor.

Good call. Let's keep that in mind, once we pick our faction.

Nuramor fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 25, 2017

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Bering Strait it sounds like a place where we can use our new toy's. Also it's a different enviroment then just land battles.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Let's go to the Bering Strait and keep the old planes.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I predict the best payday will come from the Mitsuhashi, and even if we go full tilt towards the locals in the strait we want to avoid messing with them because they know that we did that thing.

As for the SK60s, sell them to the Angolans and try to set up a small operation to train their airforce at a reasonable price

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Voting Eastern Europe, sell the SK 60s, sell the AMXes (and hopefully find replacements with anti-runway capabilities).

gently caress Alaska, gently caress the cold, gently caress the long ranges, gently caress getting blackmailed by Korean-Japanese mercs, gently caress botes (check our AShM capabilities and get back to me - hope you like yet another forced Gripen loadout), gently caress the bad infrastructure, gently caress weird arctic day-night cycles, gently caress the idea of decolonizing an American state populated 85% by the ancestors of settlers and recent immigrants, gently caress working for people who can't pay, gently caress Ted Nugent, gently caress salarymen, gently caress pissing off both the UN and USA (since we already pissed off China, this leaves only Russia, and we don't fly their stuff), for that matter gently caress being right next door to China (they already sailed two aircraft carrier battle groups all the way to loving Angola just to gently caress with us, the Bering Strait is practically their back yard by comparison), and finally, gently caress the whales. I'd say "nuke the whales", but AngerPEACE already did and so that's passé now.

Yes to bringing our euro-trash airforce home, yes to a target rich environment for our precision bombs, yes to good runways and short ranges, yes to interesting missions, yes to making friends in Europe, yes to shadowrun politics, and yes to fighting some drat fool thing in the Balkans.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 25, 2017

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Bering Strait, sell the SK60s

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Eastern Europe

Let's stay stay from the nukes, eh?

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

BERING STRAIT

Also, could i get on the crash&burnflying list? Callsign Magic

Eastbound Spider fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 25, 2017

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Bering straight

Sell the SK60Bs and the AMXes or trade in the AmMXes and Mirage F1s for the cool Moroccan Mirages.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
The more I think about it, the less keen I become on the Bering Sea. We need tons of surface search capability in the Bering Sea, and I've my doubts as to whether we've got enough to do the job, and considering the fleet we have, which is very heavily optimized for delivering laser guided bombs on top of tanks, we'd be far better suited to working in the Balkans.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Eastern Europe. And I vote that the decision on the SK60s be left to SK60 pilots only.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Lets head to the Bering Strait where, perhaps, we can make inquires as to the availability of ships for sale/"sale" on the cheap!

I think we've seen the extent of their abilities and limitations, so lets only move the SK-60Bs . The AMX have a decent combat radius and can carry useful munitions, so I think we ought to keep those.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
[B]Balkans. More interesting missions

Get rid of the SK60sp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Bering Strait. let's continue our tendency toward egalitarian application of military force.