Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The goon who cried most about hacks that I know was Akumos, who ended up Being VAC banned for hacking

Didn't he cop a forum ban for linking goons to shady poo poo too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

I didn't play Siege but I always heard the netcode for it was beyond rear end.

It improved a lot in the past year but they dialed the tickrate down to 50 from 60 (after bumping it up from 20 at game launch) without ever telling anybody. Now it's going up again.

It's not like this game has better netcode, I think it goes down to just above single digits at times.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rite Of Massage posted:

guys please stop arguing and just enjoy the speed, violence, and momentum of patron pubg streamer dr. DISrespect

this guy's gimmick is p good

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Akumos is a trash fire who searches his own name on here, so let's stop taking about him.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Party Plane Jones posted:

It improved a lot in the past year but they dialed the tickrate down to 50 from 60 (after bumping it up from 20 at game launch) without ever telling anybody. Now it's going up again.

It's not like this game has better netcode, I think it goes down to just above single digits at times.

It can be as low as 6.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

this guy's gimmick is p good

He's basically a Ben Stiller character, so if you like that sort of nonsense (I do, personally) he's probably worth a look. If you don't you'll find him completely insufferable.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Skoll posted:

Didn't he cop a forum ban for linking goons to shady poo poo too?

Yeah his meltdown in the CS:GO thread was pretty spectacular

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

BobHoward posted:

The thing that impresses me about him and his duos partner Kongphan is how good they both are at spotting enemies at any range, listening for where other guys are in buildings, etc. They usually have a good read on what is going on around them.

The thing which makes me think neither is cheating with a second monitor or whatever is how often they get surprised and popped anyways. They're good, but it seems like human good, not machine assisted good.

Also they're way better and more dominant when the game's running smooth with no lag, which is a pretty strong hint that it's skill not cheats.

They just hunt everyone they see down, so they have a pretty good idea where people aren't which is a big help.

Also playing on squads some people have a really hard time grasping logical enemy movement. Like when you get a bad mid game circle and just have to sprint directly to the next circle, any enemy movement you saw near you recently is 98% likely going in the same direction now. But a lot of people don't seem to get even simple stuff like that.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I suck too much to win, but cars make this game pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBugrMtm3to

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yeah his meltdown in the CS:GO thread was pretty spectacular

people who say things like this but then don't link them make me sad

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.twitch.tv/agoat

Top two three finishes in a row... So close....

Qubee
May 31, 2013

This game is infuriatingly addictive. Just spent 3 hours with mates roaming in a team demolishing opponents. At the beginning, I was awful, but the last two games my aim has improved so much.

I was in duo with a team, he got blindsided by an enemy with a Scar. I ran out and was popping headshots in third person with my pistol, then I whipped round and had a pistol duel with his partner on a rooftop on a nearby building. I killed them both whilst my teammate was crawling to safety, then I said "I got you mate" and revived him, and he was shocked I'd won it and thought they ran off. Felt so loving good.

Edit: Is there a foolproof way for me to capture all the cool poo poo that happens? I always forget to capture video clips with Shadowplay as fights are usually very intense and can last for a couple of minutes, and I forget to hit the Alt+F10 to capture video. Recording my entire play sessions (which is an option) is something I wanna avoid, cause it'd be editing nightmare. I'd have to sit through and sift all the footage to grab the highlights.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 25, 2017

LE
Oct 19, 2002

Loopoo posted:

This game is infuriatingly addictive. Just spent 3 hours with mates roaming in a team demolishing opponents. At the beginning, I was awful, but the last two games my aim has improved so much.

I was in duo with a team, he got blindsided by an enemy with a Scar. I ran out and was popping headshots in third person with my pistol, then I whipped round and had a pistol duel with his partner on a rooftop on a nearby building. I killed them both whilst my teammate was crawling to safety, then I said "I got you mate" and revived him, and he was shocked I'd won it and thought they ran off. Felt so loving good.

Edit: Is there a foolproof way for me to capture all the cool poo poo that happens? I always forget to capture video clips with Shadowplay as fights are usually very intense and can last for a couple of minutes, and I forget to hit the Alt+F10 to capture video. Recording my entire play sessions (which is an option) is something I wanna avoid, cause it'd be editing nightmare. I'd have to sit through and sift all the footage to grab the highlights.

Use Instant Reply in Shadowplay, and have it save whenever some crazy poo poo happens.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If I have this right, if you use the in-game chat, even with it set to TEAM, other people can still hear you? What is the purpose of the ALL/TEAM option, then?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Roumba posted:

If I have this right, if you use the in-game chat, even with it set to TEAM, other people can still hear you? What is the purpose of the ALL/TEAM option, then?

stat padding

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Loopoo posted:

You could stream to twitch and then clip the cool bits. I use the GameDVR thing built into windows 10 but that requires you to remember to press the button.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Lysandus posted:

You could stream to twitch and then clip the cool bits. I use the GameDVR thing built into windows 10 but that requires you to remember to press the button.

I tried Twitch streaming in the past but it's so confusing, and don't you have to be partnered or something to have your stuff save as VODs?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Uncle Jam posted:

They just hunt everyone they see down, so they have a pretty good idea where people aren't which is a big help.

Also playing on squads some people have a really hard time grasping logical enemy movement. Like when you get a bad mid game circle and just have to sprint directly to the next circle, any enemy movement you saw near you recently is 98% likely going in the same direction now. But a lot of people don't seem to get even simple stuff like that.

Yeah I think all streamers run multiple monitors so they can check out donations, messages, and playlists/etc. Grim gets popped from behind/the side all the time anyway.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I think all streamers run multiple monitors so they can check out donations, messages, and playlists/etc. Grim gets popped from behind/the side all the time anyway.

It's kinda hard to stream even just for fun without something to keep an eye on chat/OBS/whatever, so yeah, guaranteed that anyone streaming professionally has a second/third monitor and it's not for nefarious purposes.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Loopoo posted:

I tried Twitch streaming in the past but it's so confusing, and don't you have to be partnered or something to have your stuff save as VODs?

There's a checkbox to archive past broadcast in settings.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

VulgarandStupid posted:

There's a checkbox to archive past broadcast in settings.

If you want to do it real lazy like I'm doing for a modding stream I do, you can even export straight to YouTube from your past broadcasts list (because Twitch culls it).

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Actually even streaming to Twitch, I'd have to sit through it all and clip the good bits. I think I'll just set Shadowplay to save the past 3 minutes and then just force myself to try and remember.

But this game gets the juices flowing so much, when you're pumped up on vidyagame adrenaline it's hard to remember to press the button.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone help this game has stolen 220hr from me and I'm not sick of it yet

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Loopoo posted:

Actually even streaming to Twitch, I'd have to sit through it all and clip the good bits. I think I'll just set Shadowplay to save the past 3 minutes and then just force myself to try and remember.

But this game gets the juices flowing so much, when you're pumped up on vidyagame adrenaline it's hard to remember to press the button.

You could try http://plays.tv for auto-capture, and bind a hotkey to just set bookmarks.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Just had easily the best game so far. Playing duos where we land in north Georgopol and after a so-so looting session we head south towards the zone. Start taking sniper fire from every angle once we hit the shipyard and despite both of us getting knocked out and reviving each other several times we somehow make it through. We still have gotten zero kills or even hits on anyone as the blue has been chasing us constantly south until the final circles focus in on the swamp. Just because we were constantly pinned my partner succumbs to the blue and I'm left on my own. I'm squatting behind a shack with a scar and no real equipment, 3 full 2-man teams left, and I'm thinking 'man I haven't even gotten a single kill this game'

I KILLED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM :black101:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

This game is really good so far, but I can't ever clinch things once I'm top 10 due to almost never playing FPS games.

Had a match that looked promising, where I was able to win a 3-way Kar98k snipefest on top of the mountain in the northeast. The circle is collapsing to me and I might actually be able to set up a defe- oh wait no here come 6 CS:GO maniacs in buggies just driving straight up the side of the mountain at the last second to twitch headshot me and each other.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

FallenGod posted:

This game is really good so far, but I can't ever clinch things once I'm top 10 due to almost never playing FPS games.

Had a match that looked promising, where I was able to win a 3-way Kar98k snipefest on top of the mountain in the northeast. The circle is collapsing to me and I might actually be able to set up a defe- oh wait no here come 6 CS:GO maniacs in buggies just driving straight up the side of the mountain at the last second to twitch headshot me and each other.

Honestly, I'm not the most accurate but I'm great at closing gaps and just going John Wick on entire squads. Ever since I started going for kills insead of just surviving my skill level has gone through the roof.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Agoat posted:

Ever since I started going for kills insead of just surviving my skill level has gone through the roof.

Does wonders for levels of boredom too

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like game shoot gun kill man.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

FallenGod posted:

I usually just let everyone kill each other and get one or two kills on the way to the top 10. I've made it to #2 a couple of times but made stupid mistakes and lost it in the end.

One time I hid between a truck and construction materials for the last 3 circles and ended up being shot with only two of us left when the last guy stood up out of the long grass and shot me. I had a shotgun at the time running around a small building and my shotgun wouldn't take him out at that range.

Hiding like a bitch is always the best strategy for people who have bad aim like myself.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Inzombiac posted:

I like game shoot gun kill man.

:same:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Just took 6th with 4 kills in a game. I had the drop on the guy who got me but because I am bad I stayed prone after he hid behind a rock thinking I could hit him without ADS from the hip. He just peaked and started shooting. I could see his head but putting the crosshairs over him and firing just loving didn't work. If there was ever a time to just charge a guy this was it, but UGH I was being a little bitch

Freezing and laying prone especially in tall grass is not a good move. Ever. You're easy to see and you can't aim at anything worth a drat because of the grass. Lesson learned. For like the 6th time. But for reals guys this time I won't do it I swear.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

vehicles.......are great......
https://streamable.com/2x50s

use them.....

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yep, I just spent a couple bucks on dress up.
The purple coat is so cheap. Camo be damned.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Remember kids: don't go mad air in your dune buggy. Only go responsible air.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Inventory management in this game sucks rear end.

The UI is a little clunky, but it's early access and whatever. The real problem is that it typically takes me 1-3 clicks plus pausing for ~1 second, per item, to pick something up or move anything in my inventory.

It makes you incredibly vulnerable to stand above a pile of bullets and guns and take ~5 seconds to actually pick anything up. I've died multiple times this way and it's frustrating.

Is this a network settings thing? An engine thing? Is my experience unique? (Can I change some setting to improve it?)

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Inventory management in this game sucks rear end.

The UI is a little clunky, but it's early access and whatever. The real problem is that it typically takes me 1-3 clicks plus pausing for ~1 second, per item, to pick something up or move anything in my inventory.

It makes you incredibly vulnerable to stand above a pile of bullets and guns and take ~5 seconds to actually pick anything up. I've died multiple times this way and it's frustrating.

Is this a network settings thing? An engine thing? Is my experience unique? (Can I change some setting to improve it?)

are you in EU? i hear EU servers are rear end

where i play, it takes me less than a second to pick up an item. flip open inventory screen, drag item over, close inventory screen, then half a second later i hear the item moving sound after i've already closed the inventory screen.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Zo posted:

are you in EU? i hear EU servers are rear end

where i play, it takes me less than a second to pick up an item. flip open inventory screen, drag item over, close inventory screen, then half a second later i hear the item moving sound after i've already closed the inventory screen.

Nope, NA.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Maybe move? I've gotten some good feedback in this game about network latency issues. Generally it appears that the consensus is that China is number one, while America (NA, presumably) is number two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Oceania is pretty baller, I just open my inventory and right click all the poo poo I want and run off.

• Locked thread