Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Garm will be the final strawhat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pewdiepie posted:

Garm will join the crew.

Oh god, I hope not.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Garm will be the final strawhat
tragically he's not a furry or a generically drawn abnormally long legged lady with gradually disappearing costume/relevance so he wouldn't hit the right demos

Y'all got this weird fixation on garm, it really doesn't seem like he stands out in VS for me other than his goofy hair
he's not like some othergenre Houken or something. oh god now that I said his name he's definitely even closer to coming back to Kingdom
don't think it. don't say it. don't think it. don't say it.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Garm will join the crew.

noooooo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Huh. A mysterious Lum I hadn't seen yet.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Punkin Spunkin posted:

tragically he's not a furry or a generically drawn abnormally long legged lady with gradually disappearing costume/relevance so he wouldn't hit the right demos

Y'all got this weird fixation on garm, it really doesn't seem like he stands out in VS for me other than his goofy hair
he's not like some othergenre Houken or something. oh god now that I said his name he's definitely even closer to coming back to Kingdom
don't think it. don't say it. don't think it. don't say it.

I don't actually mind Garm I was just bandwagoning

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Read the new Kingdom, Shin's wielding that halberd like a real man.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Plutonis posted:

:hellyeah:

Kingdom always delivers.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Plutonis posted:

I love Kingdom, my weekly dose of carnage and badassery.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Thorkell Saga - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Vinland-Saga/Chapter-137?id=359013

In which Thorkell is fantastically Thorkell :swoon:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I love the idea that Canute and his right hand man just travel the world to places with a problem, which Canute uses to give orders in code for no goddamn reason other than it's more fun.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The Thorkell boys are back in town.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I hope Thorkell will punch the spear-guy into chunks.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

So I got Neo Turf Masters for Nintendo Switch and:

Apparently Thorkell was a pro golfer before he became a viking.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
You fucker, that game, well played.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
loving Thorkell, man

Although didn't he basically go "gently caress your plans I'm gonna choke you out. Okay now then to continue according to those plans". Cuz I mean...thorkell may fight when he wants to fight but Canute knows when Thorkell wants to fight and it's nearly all the time
Nice chapter, I really liked the Canute stuff as well

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New Garm Saga

Garm's still a little poo poo, so this chapter was especially satisfying.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Garm ftw.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

If there was any doubt in your minds that Garm is joining the expedition to Constantinople...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pewdiepie posted:

If there was any doubt in your minds that Garm is joining the expedition to Constantinople...

That's gonna be hard after Thorkell chops him vertically in half.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Begemot posted:

Thorkell will be fine with it. The whole thing was that dumb dice head's fault, and I don't see much future for ol' Floki past this arc. Dude's scheming against too many power players.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Begemot posted:

Being both halves of Garm.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

that chapter was very short

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
e: nm didn't catch that Garm Saga was Vinland saga oops

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
I get the feeling Garm is Floki's bastard son.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Garm will join the crew.

Absolutely

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That works be funny just to have two people who want to kill thorfinn on the voyage

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Ride The Gravitron posted:

That works be funny just to have two people who want to kill thorfinn on the voyage
Why stop at two? You know that angry guy chasing them from Iceland is going to join too sooner or later.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eiba posted:

Why stop at two? You know that angry guy chasing them from Iceland is going to join too sooner or later.

The anime adaptation becomes thorfinn staying one step ahead of his own crew while yakkitu sax plays

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Foreign history manga thread: You WILL give the drug to the elephants.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Bride's Story is back with some bro time

I leave off the outro stingers on a lot of these because I think they're usually added by the editorial staff at magazines or something, and most of the time don't have anything helpful or interesting to add, but this one seemed oddly pointed and it's not the first time this particular hint has dropped, if I recall correctly. But it probably doesn't mean anything and I'm sure everything will be just fine for all our precious children :)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
God, I missed this series so much.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
He shot his arrow off the right side of his horse. Obviously I have to write an angry email to the author about the particulars of horse archary.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

But it probably doesn't mean anything and I'm sure everything will be just fine for all our precious children :)

I cannot imagine that this just ends with everyone getting shot by Russians.

But I also forget where and when we are exactly, the only thing I remember from the map is that the twins are Tajiks. I thiiiiiink Karluk is Uzbek?

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Amira, Karluk and their families are near the Aral sea I think.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Yay, it's back!

And man that really was a bit of a stinger at the end.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Bride's Story is back with some bro time

I leave off the outro stingers on a lot of these because I think they're usually added by the editorial staff at magazines or something, and most of the time don't have anything helpful or interesting to add, but this one seemed oddly pointed and it's not the first time this particular hint has dropped, if I recall correctly. But it probably doesn't mean anything and I'm sure everything will be just fine for all our precious children :)

Wait, are you Duralumin?

Also, i loved this chapter. Karluk's a good kid.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Sailing Saga - http://bato.to/reader#b30a8348cf923a06

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

18 pages a month... ugh. At least give us 25, it's killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the opening to that chapter is amazing, full eyes is the best

also i hope thorfinn kills garm in the most embarrassing and painful way possible because i hate garm and this side quest he's foisted on the narrative