Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Chemmy posted:

Being able to use custom pics on Xbox is awesome:

Post the other one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Ol Standard Retard posted:

had a real good time with three non-goons who are friends with Nobbin Hood tonight they are real rear end motherfuckers and in spite of basically being brand new to the game we spanked the poo poo out of some teams.

Sorry if we were yelling too much, Mustard, we were uh... intoxicated.

Oh no worries, it just suddenly became Hulu time with the wife.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

We're getting Russian women with the next dlc and people are losing their minds.

They are only spawned as Scouts.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Listen, I'm a liberal guy, Bernie Sanders for president or whatever...but literally every single German scout as an African-American? At least there were 6,000 women in the Tsar's army.

Though I do appreciate the troll effort against racists on Dice's part vis-a-vis the German scout. It's just a game after all.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
So when the next dlc pops are there going to be three separate clusters of game modes??

Jesus wept get your poo poo together dice

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah, an all maps option would be better than only being able to chose new maps or old maps.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Yeah, an all maps option would be better than only being able to chose new maps or old maps.

can't do that because there might be several fewer dollars made! SEVERAL

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Listen, I'm a liberal guy, Bernie Sanders for president or whatever...but literally every single German scout as an African-American? At least there were 6,000 women in the Tsar's army.

Though I do appreciate the troll effort against racists on Dice's part vis-a-vis the German scout. It's just a game after all.

They're not African-American if they're German soldiers :negative:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How as Operations these days? I kind of stopped playing them since Attackers tend to lose like 90% of the time back when the game came out. They balance them much since then? How are the DLC ones?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I know but most of the people playing this game are gonna think "black guy" first, which is kind of an Americanism, and "indigenous West African" second or not at all.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Jimbot posted:

How as Operations these days? I kind of stopped playing them since Attackers tend to lose like 90% of the time back when the game came out. They balance them much since then? How are the DLC ones?

Gave it a shot today and rage quit after going through two waves and not making it past the first objectives.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jimbot posted:

the DLC ones are really fun

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the DLC ones are really fun

What time do you play? They haven't been populating at all for me lately. In fact even in vanilla I've only been able to join through quickmatch lately.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the telescopic Chauchat worth getting? I'm allergic to the telescopic Benet-Mercie. I'm bad with it and I think it takes too many shots to kill a person.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Yes, get it.

https://gfycat.com/ConfusedDimwittedEasternnewt

Any PS4 dudes that aren't in Butt Clan yet, were currently at 67 members so we need 2 more people to apply.

E: Also gonna mix up a drink and jump on for a while.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 24, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^^gimme ten minutes and I'll join you friendo

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Yes, get it.

Any PS4 dudes that aren't in Butt Clan yet, were currently at 67 members so we need 2 more people to apply.

close ranks at 69 forever, sorry, any extras can come chill in HUGS with us

if we ever get a full squad of BUTT HUGS online it will be a good day

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 24, 2017

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
indeed

Beastie posted:

We're getting Russian women with the next dlc and people are losing their minds.

They are only spawned as Scouts.

Yesssss

can't wait to clam slam pubs to the curb as maria bochkareva in the BATTALION OF DEATH

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Yes, get it.

E: Also gonna mix up a drink and jump on for a while.

lmao get world war WRECKED bombernerds

reporting for duty in 15 :patriot:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Jimbot256/status/867470546711302145

Sorry about yer horse, mister!

Edit: Does having a bayonet effect your aim or anything like that?

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 25, 2017

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Jimbot posted:

Is the telescopic Chauchat worth getting? I'm allergic to the telescopic Benet-Mercie. I'm bad with it and I think it takes too many shots to kill a person.

It's alright, I prefer the iron sights. I've got 13 stars with the iron sights and just can't get in to the telescopic.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Got the Hellreigel today.

Goddamn gonna have a bajillion stars on it soon.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

If you have more than 5 hellriegel stars it's because you're garbage.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I take it's still a laser beam that shoots a billion rounds per second that can snipe people from a hundred miles out. If the Assault doesn't have a shotgun it seems they kill me with that. And every single one of them has double digit stars attached to it. Saw one with 100.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
WhiteKyrie03 for BUTT Clan Surgeon General

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Honestly I think the Ribeyrolles is a better SMG. Pretty much the only thing the hellreigel has on the ribeye is capacity. The range on the ribeye is fantastic, I'm still impressed with how far you can kill people with it even when you don't use the bipod.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I get an awful lot of headshots with the Ribey.

Is nice.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Chemmy posted:

If you have more than 5 hellriegel kills it's because you're garbage.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

*runs around in a video game killing dudes with experimental weapons that were never even used and getting magically revived* "now I'm not a racist but..."

Also lmao at the argument that the average person won't know about Germanys African troops but they should know about Russian women

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chemmy posted:

Garbage that's killing you over and over SUCKA

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Hellriegel is for fratty gently caress boys.

I've had it unlocked for weeks and have maybe 5 kills because I don't want to be associated with people who play with the most op weapon.

It's been 5 patches and they still haven't touched the hellriegel. But they've definitely nerfed grenades, something that has always been under-powered in BF games.

I guess that's what we get when they take their cues from Reddit shitlords.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Yeah the ribeye is just unreal at long distances. It's the closest thing to an assault rifle, and going prone and sniping people with quick bursts is just way too fun. But even when you're moving you can make shots at pretty good distances.
I've been playing this on ps4, but I don't have a mic. Probably shouldn't bother joining any of the clans eh? Separately, what's the most cost effective headset? I have no idea what happened to my original but I've needed to replace it for awhile.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

lol if you don't immediately move onto the next weapon after getting a service star

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Ardent Communist posted:

Yeah the ribeye is just unreal at long distances. It's the closest thing to an assault rifle, and going prone and sniping people with quick bursts is just way too fun. But even when you're moving you can make shots at pretty good distances.
I've been playing this on ps4, but I don't have a mic. Probably shouldn't bother joining any of the clans eh? Separately, what's the most cost effective headset? I have no idea what happened to my original but I've needed to replace it for awhile.

I have a ps4 but I haven't tested this:

Can't you just plug a pair of apple ear buds or any headphones with a mic?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Beastie posted:

It's pretty wonky. Depending on the model of apple headphones/PS4 controller, it might work and it might not. I have a pair of Bose IE's that are modeled for "Android" phones and they work great with my controller. I've seen people say that the apple earphones are hit or miss.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Lol if you're getting killed by bullets

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What's that? I can't hear you over my hellreigel putting you back at the spawn screen.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FastestGunAlive posted:

Lol if you're getting killed by bullets

lol if you're using bullets to kill people

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Beastie posted:

I've used mine before, you can adjust your settings so it only works like the ps4 headset & mic or you can feed all audio through the earbuds

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Jimbot posted:

Edit: Does having a bayonet effect your aim or anything like that?

From what I've read it slows down your gun draw, and maybe affects recoil. I still use it to kill and just general gotta go fast situations.

What really fucks me up is whatever weird close-combat auto-melee feature there is. I'll be trying to shoot someone but instead draw my club and swing it in the air like an idiot before getting gunned down.

E: looking it up, sounds like this is a pretty common player problem, they suggest remapping the melee button.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 25, 2017

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Ardent Communist posted:

The Sony silver headset is a pretty good option. It's essentially the gold headset, just wired instead of wireless.

No need to worry about not having a mic to join parties. Having a squad that's actually (somewhat) coordinated helps enough on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Chemmy posted: