Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

The early Islamic conquests were based largely upon conversion and providing a less oppressive governance and taxation system than the Persian and Byzantine empires which it replaces. Modern examples of ethnic cleansing are all fairly dire. Rwanda, Nazi Germany, Armenia. Not only were they failures in that the targeted minorities are still here, the perpetrators are considered the scum of human civilization.

Except for the Nazis, who are loved by various online freaks.

And yet the Native populations remain. Constitutionally protected, blocking our pipelines, plotting revenge.

There's a shitload of people who don't even acknowledge that the Armenian genocide even happened, dude. Ethnic cleansing works every time. I mean, there's a reason Baghdad suddenly calmed down while we shut our eyes for a couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

There's a shitload of people who don't even acknowledge that the Armenian genocide even happened, dude. Ethnic cleansing works every time. I mean, there's a reason Baghdad suddenly calmed down while we shut our eyes for a couple months.

Cool, when are you moving to Baghdad?

Hands up anybody here who doesn't acknowledge the Armenian genocide. Somebody buy Erdogan an account. :10bux:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Agag posted:

and the most powerful country in the world can't win a war against hill people in the poorest countries on earth,
Pretty good run for a while there, though.

It's been a long time since we've waged total war, friend.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Doesn't really matter really all this kerfuffle.

The first race to design a virus or flu that wipes out other races first wins.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

the trump tutelage posted:

Well, since we called it that whilst doing it.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Cool, when are you moving to Baghdad?

Hands up anybody here who doesn't acknowledge the Armenian genocide. Somebody buy Erdogan an account. :10bux:

Why would I have to? Where I'm living got ethnically cleansed a long time ago.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Agag posted:

And yet the Native populations remain. Constitutionally protected, blocking our pipelines, plotting revenge.

Saying that American Indians will get their revenge for the injustices of the past is like saying the South shall Rise Again, it just ain't gonna happen dude lol

Agag posted:

Cenk Uygur probably already has an account and posts in D&D

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

This is the big WP fantasy. If we went all Assyrian and exterminated every man woman and child we'd win! Crunch some numbers and see how many people would have to die every day for that plan to work, and ask yourself what type of country you'd have afterwards if this fantasy came true.

happyhippy posted:

Doesn't really matter really all this kerfuffle.

The first race to design a virus or flu that wipes out other races first wins.

I don't think the ethnic group that leads the world in peanut allergies wants to mess around with global biowarfare.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Gammatron 64 posted:

You do realize that the most powerful country in the world was built on a history of genocide and slavery, right?

I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm just saying that sometimes, the bad guys win. In fact, the bad guys usually win.

All we can do is hope the bad guys realize they are being bad and turn slightly less bad and try and punish the worse ones.
I think we did a fair heel turn from genocidal cowboys tearing across the continent to hyper rich cowboys occasionally sating our bloodlust in faraway lands.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Successful genocides get forgotten except for the handful relevant/useful to current political division or issue.

In 1066, Muslims mobs killed or drove off all the Jews in Grenada in the single largest pre-holocaust jewish pogram in Europe. Yet I get to hear about Tolerant Muslim Spain because it's narratively useful. Any public mourning of the Circassians is directly related to how much someone wants to delegitimize Russia in the Caucasus region. Whose going to bat for Danzig Germans or Kosova Serbs or Assyrians, etc, etc

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Agag posted:

Surely this time ethnic cleansing would be a success. Not a complete failure and historic disgrace like every other time.

worked pretty well for mongols, stalin, pol pot, mao, etc. :shrug:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

This is really funny.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

Saying that American Indians will get their revenge for the injustices of the past is like saying the South shall Rise Again, it just ain't gonna happen dude lol

Really? drat. I was %100 serious about that part.

Anyway point being there are still millions of natives in the US. If that how your fantasy of getting rid of all the Muslims supposed to look?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

idk but I'd bet good money that in our lifetimes we see one European country go completely off the rails and start pogromming migrants

my guess is swedistan

or the united kingdom of agrabah

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Anyway point being there are still millions of natives in the US. If that how your fantasy of getting rid of all the Muslims supposed to look?

I mean... I'm pretty sure reducing the Muslim population to a disconnected series of impoverished, poisoned ghettos with approximately zero political power, and killing a shitload of them in the process, would satisfy even the most venomous neo-nazi.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Agag posted:

I'm guessing Nazi Germany? Though I was being facetious when I suggested genocide and the thread ate it up lol.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

worked pretty well for mongols, stalin, pol pot, mao, etc. :shrug:

Good point, lets just check in on how the Mongol Empire, Khmer Rouge, and USSR are doing.

I'll give you China, but they were more about swamping and out-breeding minority groups. The famines were mostly a result of Mao being dumb as poo poo and drunk all the time when he got older. Not to say that he wouldn't have exterminated every Tibetan if he thought he could have. But he wasn't quite as dumb and drunk as the average online WP guy of today.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
For anyone who thinks morality plays a big role in who wins conflicts, Hitler didn't lose because he was a bad guy. He lost because he was a complete moron who thought it would be a good idea to invade Russia during the Winter along with plenty of other blunders.

And even when we did beat Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo, we then had to contend with the Soviets for half a century because they did pretty well for themselves in the war.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Have Blue posted:

I'm guessing Nazi Germany? Though I was being facetious when I suggested genocide and the thread ate it up lol.

Genocide is like McDonald's. Everybody says its gross and wrong, but it stays popular AF.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Good point, lets just check in on how the Mongol Empire, Khmer Rouge, and USSR are doing.

I'll give you China, but they were more about swamping and out-breeding minority groups. The famines were mostly a result of Mao being dumb as poo poo and drunk all the time when he got older. Not to say that he wouldn't have exterminated every Tibetan if he thought he could have. But he wasn't quite as dumb and drunk as the average online WP guy of today.

I don't know why you're so concerned with how the genociders performed after the fact. How about the people they genocided? They're the ones we're talking about, after all.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Gammatron 64 posted:

For anyone who thinks morality plays a big role in who wins conflicts, Hitler didn't lose because he was a bad guy. He lost because he was a complete moron who thought it would be a good idea to invade Russia during the Winter along with plenty of other blunders.

And even when we did beat Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo, we then had to contend with the Soviets for half a century because they did pretty well for themselves in the war.

The whole divert precious resources to create an industrialized genocide machine did detract from the war effort, not to mention the economic damage wrought by destroying Jewish businesses.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only solution is to not allow racists into our country.

good luck, you can't kill an idea

see how dumb all of this sounds

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
We need to promote Western values

*advocates genocide*

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Have Blue posted:

We need to promote Western values

*advocates genocide*

If there's one idea the whole world can take credit for, it's killing the gently caress out of the people who are different from you so the people who are the same as you can live comfortably.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

I don't know why you're so concerned with how the genociders performed after the fact. How about the people they genocided? They're the ones we're talking about, after all.

They failed though. They never got rid of the people they wanted to get rid of. They just killed a bunch and became a disgrace that ended in failure anyway.

So the idea that there is going to be a successful genocide against Muslims or whatever group you don't like, and that genocide would make the future better for anybody, is a fantasy for messed up kids on the Internet.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

good luck, you can't kill an idea

France was trying. Remember the Bataclan Massacre?

The islamists were cutting open pregnant women. Castrating men (and making them eat their own genitals). And just all kinds of torture and the French government suppressed it because it might make people mad at islam.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Agag posted:

They failed though. They never got rid of the people they wanted to get rid of. They just killed a bunch and became a disgrace that ended in failure anyway.

So the idea that there is going to be a successful genocide against Muslims or whatever group you don't like, and that genocide would make the future better for anybody, is a fantasy for messed up kids on the Internet.

lol who the gently caress is advocating genocide you idiot

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

I don't know why you feel like you have to wipe a population off the face of the earth for it to be considered a successful ethnic cleansing. Like, you're acting like we failed to genocide the natives because there's still millions of them left, but I'm pretty sure they'd disagree.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

lol who the gently caress is advocating genocide you idiot

Don't get all sensitive just because your fantasy won't come true. Having your dreams dashed is part of growing up.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Good point, lets just check in on how the Mongol Empire, Khmer Rouge, and USSR are doing

2 of those nations did pretty well for themselves and all 3 fell apart for unrelated reason? I don't think anyone is contending that minority blood is the secret to national immortality but it's a pretty universal tool in the box of powerful ruthless shitheads.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Nerses IV posted:

I don't know why you feel like you have to wipe a population off the face of the earth for it to be considered a successful ethnic cleansing. Like, you're acting like we failed to genocide the natives because there's still millions of them left, but I'm pretty sure they'd disagree.

No, let's be unequivocal: they do disagree. It was genocide.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

See, this is more pragmatic. "It won't work and everyone will despise us, but lets kill a bunch of people anyway." You're not worried about stats and legacies, you just want to get out there and play the game.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

See, this is more pragmatic. "It won't work and everyone will despise us, but lets kill a bunch of people anyway." You're not worried about stats and legacies, you just want to get out there and play the game.

That's the great thing about genocide. If you do it right, people call you a hero instead.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

So you agree that the West is to blame for terrorism then
Yes, Western fifth columnists have provided much of the ideological justification for Islamic terrorism, as well as other enemies of freedom.

We should exile traitors like FAU to the Islamic State. Perhaps, as they kneel in the desert meekly awaiting their turn to die, they will begin to understand the vast moral gulf between potential rudeness and actual violence.

In the meantime, the jihad will only intensify, and our brave "thought leaders" will shed crocodile tears amidst the carnage while wringing their hands over a side of bacon left on a mosque doorstep.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SickZip posted:

2 of those nations did pretty well for themselves and all 3 fell apart for unrelated reason? I don't think anyone is contending that minority blood is the secret to national immortality but it's a pretty universal tool in the box of powerful ruthless shitheads.

If we can be half as successful as the Khmer Rouge we should kill whoever we need to kill.

Nerses IV posted:

That's the great thing about genocide. If you do it right, people call you a hero instead.

Neo-nazis probably have different heroes than most other people.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

If we can be half as successful as the Khmer Rouge we should kill whoever we need to kill.

Neo-nazis probably have different heroes than most other people.

Mohammad's got a pretty good reputation, I hear.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Agag posted:

the mongol empire, khmer rouge and ussr all fell due to reasons unrelated to the genocides they perpetrated. historically the point of genocide has usually been to squash any opposition from the demographic in question, not (only) to kill because it's cool

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
It must really suck for bleeding heart Muslims in the west because no matter what they do wether active or non active changes nothing. The only way to make it stop is to leave the religion. Wipe their hands of it.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

"Heh, America and the west are responsible for modern Islamic terrorism"
Okay yeah you're right, so what do we do about it now
"Heh, you made your grave, now lie in it"
Okay yeah but what about all the innocent people dying now
"Heh, yeah you don't really care otherwise you'd report on the Muslim victims of terrorism in the ME"
Okay yeah but what do we do about the kids that were just splattered at a tween concert
"Heh, you just don't get it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

the mongol empire, khmer rouge and ussr all fell due to reasons unrelated to the genocides they perpetrated. historically the point of genocide has usually been to squash any opposition from the demographic in question, not (only) to kill because it's cool

Yeah it's not like the khmer rouge got overthrown by a bunch of dudes wearing glasses or something.

• Locked thread