Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

POOR IMPULSE CONTROL

Jack Abramof, one F, not two, is returning as our permanent lobbyist. He has assured me that whatever he picked up in Cabinda isn't contagious and that she seemed like a nice girl. Supposedly he has a cream for it. Don't shake his hand. So now we will get the high level intel, the procurement ins, and of course the adventures of a filthy drunk Don Draper in 2023. What we won't get is the 10% bonus to each mission.

Look who got out of prison early! More details to come on this once we're in theater but oh boy, does he have some deals! And by deals I mean hot, terribly, flying garbage! No longer is he a one stop shop, but instead offers a buffet of beauty straight out of the past. A literal flying circus of airborne dumpsters falling from the skies. It'll be beautiful. He's going to bring deals. They'll be sweet deals. They might even make it off the runway. Whether they return though... what is guaranteed is they won't get into the air twice.

The Angolan Government put in an offer of $46 million for the AMX's and the Mirage's. Seems they kind of ran out of airplanes and are worried that someone like the Congo might invade. The SK60B's though...

The Sons of Morocco are one of oldest circus groups on the east coast. They've got eyes on an aerial trapeze, acrobatics, and stunt show. The interesting part is it'll be all woman pilots with the men performing outside of the planes. They'll use the Hayard Gunnes livery, hand out our promotional materials, and hopefully be a good face for the organization. Jack is all for it. He thinks we should give the kids coloring books detailed by Tom of Finland. I'm not sure what a Finn knows about coloring books but I signed off on it.

Keep voting for either the Bering Sea (POOR IMPULSE CONTROL) or for the Shadowrun in the Balkans, Easternish Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yooper, you never disappoint. :allears:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Note to self: We need to get some new Mirages and Frogfoots.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

voting for Belka Balkans

voting to sell the amx's and mirages

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Tom of Finland coloring books. :allears:

Edit: (not for looking up at work)

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 25, 2017

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
Is that a good price? It seems like we could afford to buy some rusty buckets aircraft with character with​ that.

Voting Bering Strait, time to see if the Deadliest Catch crew carry MANPADS.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

xthetenth posted:

Tom of Finland coloring books. :allears:

I looked him up, expecting some sort of especially flamboyant new designer with expensive taste. I was, uh, ...sort of right?

Sell the Mirages too. I want to help Angola get back on its feet.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I am so excited for this new Willie you have no idea. That also seems like a pretty good deal for the A-11s and Mirages. What happens to the pilots assigned to them though? Do they reenter the queue at the front?

JcDent posted:

MEAT is a wordsmith hermit crab that lives in his metal shell that smells of ozone and stale farts.

I will have you know that the trailer has only the freshest artisanal, bespoke farts.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

power crystals posted:

I am so excited for this new Willie you have no idea. That also seems like a pretty good deal for the A-11s and Mirages. What happens to the pilots assigned to them though? Do they reenter the queue at the front?

I will have you know that the trailer has only the freshest artisanal, bespoke farts.

Yes. Recycled pilots go to the front of the line.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Voting for Balkans, of course. Tracksuits, alcoholism and depression for everyone!

Also, sell Mirages and AMXes to Angola, they need them.

Gervasius fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 25, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Sell planes to Angola

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
balkans and sell planes to our Angolan friends

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sell those planes!

McGibby
Jan 27, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Bering Strait and sell the planes

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Coffeehitler posted:

Been thinking about it, and I've gotta vote Balkans for where to go next. Probably working with the Bulgarians since they did us a solid, but that's for another vote.

The Bulgarians we worked with=/=the Bulgarians we'd be working for there.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Anta posted:

Is that a good price? It seems like we could afford to buy some rusty buckets aircraft with character with​ that.

Not really.

The AMXes alone retail new for around $16.5 million a piece. And that's not counting the Mirages, which are around $11 mil a piece. Even accounting for them all being used aircraft, we'd be giving the Angolans a very forgiving nice friends-and-family price. If we could haggle them up (or trade them in for two Kfirs, or something), then it might be worth considering.

If we sold them and got the $46 mil, we'd have enough money to buy a Tornado and a half. Not really worth it.

Given that we still have like $65 million in the bank, we already have a pretty healthy rusty bucket budget.

So, no on the sales. Yes on the circus.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 25, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Do the mirages have some sort of ordinance capability that our other planes don't? If we are giving up something spicy, like cruise missiles, that might not be awesome.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

SK60Bs go to the Top Gun Circus, keep the rest

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Bacarruda posted:

Not really.

The AMXes alone retail new for around $16.5 million a piece. And that's not counting the Mirages, which are around $11 mil a piece. Even accounting for them all being used aircraft, we'd be giving the Angolans a very forgiving nice friends-and-family price. If we could haggle them up (or trade them in for two Kfirs, or something), then it might be worth considering.

If we sold them and got the $46 mil, we'd have enough money to buy a Tornado and a half. Not really worth it.

Given that we still have like $65 million in the bank, we already have a pretty healthy rusty bucket budget.

So, no on the sales.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, Bacarruda. Given that the AMXs are at least 25 years old and the Mirages are over 30 years old, we are getting a fantastic deal here. New the Amx and F1s cost 55m. Now we're being offered 46m for them at a point where they're coming to the end of their operations life. That is an outrageously good deal for us.

Sell the Mirages, AMXs and SK 60s

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Sell the Mirages/AMX

Let's give Angola a hand shall we?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yooper posted:

Look who got out of prison early! More details to come on this once we're in theater but oh boy, does he have some deals! And by deals I mean hot, terribly, flying garbage! No longer is he a one stop shop, but instead offers a buffet of beauty straight out of the past. A literal flying circus of airborne dumpsters falling from the skies. It'll be beautiful. He's going to bring deals. They'll be sweet deals. They might even make it off the runway. Whether they return though... what is guaranteed is they won't get into the air twice.

Shackletons! Let's get the AN/APS-20 all the way from WWII to the 21st century!

P-2 Neptunes Hybrid propulsion is all the rage with the kids. I don't know if it's effective, but it seems cool to me!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Where is the $11M price for the Mirages coming from?

I agree that selling them is a good idea. Can we use the money immediately, or are we saving it up for use in-theater? It seems like getting some more cargo planes wouldn't be a bad idea.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, ask them is there any Free State crap they left abandoned. If it flies, we might want to take them.

Also any top tier soviet systems.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

David Corbett posted:

Voting Eastern Europe, sell the SK 60s, sell the AMXes (and hopefully find replacements with anti-runway capabilities).

gently caress Alaska, gently caress the cold, gently caress the long ranges, gently caress getting blackmailed by Korean-Japanese mercs, gently caress botes (check our AShM capabilities and get back to me - hope you like yet another forced Gripen loadout), gently caress the bad infrastructure, gently caress weird arctic day-night cycles, gently caress the idea of decolonizing an American state populated 85% by the ancestors of settlers and recent immigrants, gently caress working for people who can't pay, gently caress Ted Nugent, gently caress salarymen, gently caress pissing off both the UN and USA (since we already pissed off China, this leaves only Russia, and we don't fly their stuff), for that matter gently caress being right next door to China (they already sailed two aircraft carrier battle groups all the way to loving Angola just to gently caress with us, the Bering Strait is practically their back yard by comparison), and finally, gently caress the whales. I'd say "nuke the whales", but AngerPEACE already did and so that's passé now.

Yes to bringing our euro-trash airforce home, yes to a target rich environment for our precision bombs, yes to good runways and short ranges, yes to interesting missions, yes to making friends in Europe, yes to shadowrun politics, and yes to fighting some drat fool thing in the Balkans.

Well said indeed.

sell em

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I agree that selling them is a good idea. Can we use the money immediately, or are we saving it up for use in-theater? It seems like getting some more cargo planes wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sounds like we can rent some planes from Willie's. I think having a good nest egg for mid-campaign procurement is always a good idea.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Sounds like we can rent some planes from Willie's. I think having a good nest egg for mid-campaign procurement is always a good idea.

That's called our earnings, no?

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

I say we keep them. Waste not want not.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Does this mean that the people who fly Willie's planes are okay with suicide runs?

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Bacarruda posted:

Not really.

So, no on the sales.

The real question is, will they contribute that much value (subtracting opex)? The A-11s almost certainly won't. The Mirages are arguable, but I'm not convinced they're worth it. If nothing else, it'd get us some more goodwill we can leverage for future employment.

Also Mirages are ugly as hell so gently caress 'em.

Sell all of it

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

With Jack as our permanent lobbyist, does that mean we won't get a choice of advisor for the theater we choose? Or will that be on top of having Jack?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's the price that comes up when you Google them.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Dance Officer posted:

Does this mean that the people who fly Willie's planes are okay with suicide runs?

No, only people who voted for K&P will fly suicide trash, that's the policy that Yooper outlined in the first post. It was a bit weird, starting an LP on something that specific, buy whatever.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The internet told me $18m and it can't be wrong. We paid $18.5 each for a pair of them in an earlier procurement round. Yes, this will be saved for other in theater stuff.

Dance Officer posted:

You can be reckless, you can be dumb, but intentionally suiciding planes to give an opening for a gripen or some such ain't gonna happen. If it's tactically sound it's OK.

CirclMastr posted:

With Jack as our permanent lobbyist, does that mean we won't get a choice of advisor for the theater we choose? Or will that be on top of having Jack?

We absolutely can hire folks for our advisor. Zach is back on the hiring block as is our friend Cobbie, fresh from his job with the Free State. I'll leave the third one as a surprise.

Hessi
Oct 28, 2010
God both proposals sound great, so I know it sounds insane both why not split the company and run both? Given the number of assets and the fact that certain planes are only useful in one scenario like the MPA it would make sense, and by restricting both theaters to 4 Gripens it would mean the Gripens would have to stay in the A2A role. I know thats impossible but you are allowed to dream right?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Hessi posted:

God both proposals sound great, so I know it sounds insane both why not split the company and run both? Given the number of assets and the fact that certain planes are only useful in one scenario like the MPA it would make sense, and by restricting both theaters to 4 Gripens it would mean the Gripens would have to stay in the A2A role. I know thats impossible but you are allowed to dream right?

:negative:

Though we can always run the other theater next time.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

If we need to pare down to make mission design more streamlined for Yooper in the face of whatever wacky poo poo we're going to one-time, we should do it. If it's just for the money, I don't think the Mirages and AMXs have done all they can for us and that we should keep them.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Eastern Europe! It'll be more fun doing Shadowrun stuff and WE NEED ARMS DEALERS IN OUR POCKET!!!!

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

power crystals posted:

Also Mirages are ugly as hell so gently caress 'em.

Look at the wrongest opinion on this forum ever.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Hmm, I'd prefer Tadashi Hiramatsu to Tom of Finland, but, hey, to each their own. I think the former would play better with kids, though.

Anyway, while part of me will miss the Mirages and AMXs, I guess you can go ahead and sell them to make your life easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

Hmm, I'd prefer Tadashi Hiramatsu to Tom of Finland, but, hey, to each their own. I think the former would play better with kids, though.

Anyway, while part of me will miss the Mirages and AMXs, I guess you can go ahead and sell them to make your life easier.

FYI : I'm not commissioning a ToF coloring book for kids, it's more to show how absurd Jack is.

edit : I have no issues with handling the Mirages and AMX's. If you guys want to keep them that's OK. Making missions for our planes in the easy part.