Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Is the aquarium cool? I bought the city pass so I have tickets to see it and it's right there so...

Yeah, it was a nice aquarium. As the day goes on, the line will get longer to get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ehud posted:

also I had no idea this museum was right next to soldier field
In Cincinnati, the Underground Railroad museum is right in between the football stadium and the baseball stadium.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Neil Armbong posted:

Yeah, it was a nice aquarium. As the day goes on, the line will get longer to get in.

I'll probably do the field museum and then see what the aquarium line looks like later today.

We did the museum of science and industry yesterday and it was insanely packed. Kids everywhere :stare:

Also way too many exhibits were broken.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol this is where Mitch Trubisky plays

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

lol this is where Mitch Trubisky plays

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Went to the Patriots Hall of Fame recently, it has a super-widescreen panoramic propaganda movie about the team that would've done Leni Riefenstahl proud.

[On 9 June 2017]
[31 years after the Bears crushed them 46-10]
[27 years after suffering Rod Rust and going 0-15]
[17 years after the beginning of the Patriots rebirth]
[Bill Belichick flies again to Foxborough to review the columns of his faithful followers]

Hilariously, it includes a lot of their awful pre-Bilichick history and ancient fans talking about how pathetic they were, but not a single mention of the New York GIants.

The Pro Shop is tragically tame though. I basically wanted 5 Ring Shrimp in t-shirt form and they just had generic NFL approved team stuff.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

check this out tho

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Bwahahahahaha

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have 2 phone interviews today, an in-person one tomorrow, and am expecting an in-person one next week. Job hunting feels like dating again, but I get money instead of sex in the end.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

I'll probably do the field museum and then see what the aquarium line looks like later today.

We did the museum of science and industry yesterday and it was insanely packed. Kids everywhere :stare:

Shedd is cool, I would recommend it. Are you hitting up Navy Pier?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

I have 2 phone interviews today, an in-person one tomorrow, and am expecting an in-person one next week. Job hunting feels like dating again, but I get money instead of sex in the end.

Good luck! I absolutely hate job hunting and the whole process of it all so hopefully you don't have to do it for long!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

Shedd is cool, I would recommend it. Are you hitting up Navy Pier?

Hasn't been on my radar. What's is all about?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

If you have ever watched a Bears home game I am sure you have seen the giant ferris wheel? That is Navy Pier. They have shopping and food, and tours and all kinds of stuff to do to kill time. In the summer they do fireworks at night as well, though I'm not sure when they begin. If you are looking for more filler stuff, it is worth a look.

https://navypier.com/

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
navy pier sucks

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

My wife went to school in Chicago so we avoided it, since she said it was a tourist trap. Probably a fun way to spend a day if you have kiddos, but if not, you'll probably enjoy spending time elsewhere.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

navy pier sucks

Neil Armbong posted:

My wife went to school in Chicago so we avoided it, since she said it was a tourist trap. Probably a fun way to spend a day if you have kiddos, but if not, you'll probably enjoy spending time elsewhere.

Like I said, it's a way to fill time, it is fun but it is a tourist trap for sure so there is a ton of people to contend with. The boat tours are fun (expensive) but there is a lot of shopping and food and it's kinda one of the famous things about Chicago for out of towners (hence the tourist trap label) so it's not a bad way to kill some time.

I'd much rather do it than a museum but I find museum's boring as gently caress so...:shrug:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chicago is really cool, even if their hot dogs are dumb and their pizza is good but a novelty dish.

Second favorite US city.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Portillo's more than makes up for their pizza

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Why are Chicago's hot dogs dumb

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Chicago style deep dish is the poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Shitloads of fieldtrips going on rn, final days of school and districts need poo poo for kids to do after testing completes.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

Why are Chicago's hot dogs dumb

Too much stuff on them, don't really taste particularly good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Chicago style deep dish is the poo poo

In before someone quotes this without the "the" to prove their loyalty to NY style pizza just like that guy who won't shut the gently caress up about his spaghetti bolognese

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

New York and Chicago pizza are like fundamentally different dishes. It's a category error to even compare them.

It's like calling lasagna "Philly style pizza" or something.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I mean I prefer eating the pizza part to eating the toppings part

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

New York and Chicago pizza are like fundamentally different dishes. It's a category error to even compare them.

It's like calling lasagna "Philly style pizza" or something.

I would eat the poo poo out of a lasagna deep dish pizza.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Diqnol posted:

I mean I prefer eating the pizza part to eating the toppings part

If I didn't consider the toppings to be part of the pizza I wouldn't like it as much because then it's just bread

e: I mean I like NY style pizza too but I don't get why people keep the candle lit for it as the one true pizza and all others must be forsaken

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 25, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Tribalism? idk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just read this which

quote:

There are reports that the National Security Council has to continually mention his(Trump's) names in their memos, otherwise he won’t read them thoroughly. Subsequently, NATO officials are encouraging speakers to limit remarks to two to four minutes at its upcoming meeting.

this man is the president

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean just yesterday this thread was getting into it over different kinds of sandwiches between Five Guys and Taco Bell, so who are we to judge really?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

If I didn't consider the toppings to be part of the pizza I wouldn't like it as much because then it's just bread

e: I mean I like NY style pizza too but I don't get why people keep the candle lit for it as the one true pizza and all others must be forsaken

Because it's the only other cuisine, besides bagels, they can call New York food. So they must defend it to the death.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

And indeed I view Chicago deep dish as an open faced pizza topping sandwich; not a bad thing, but not really pizza. It is definitely very midwest in its total disregard for a functioning heart, though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

All pizza is an open faced pizza topping sandwich when you really think about it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Neil Armbong posted:

Because it's the only other cuisine, besides bagels, they can call New York food. So they must defend it to the death.

The thing around here is the bread, really. But in NYC the majority of food is good as a lot of great stuff is imported to it so regionalism isn't so important given that :colbert:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Just read this which

this man is the president

The man was considered unfit to be an NFL owner.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

All pizza is an open faced pizza topping sandwich when you really think about it

Not if you don't get toppings

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cheese and sauce are toppings

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is ricotta a lasagna topping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003