Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Intruder posted:

Yeah, since Bonds was the greatest player of all time and never won a series the answer is pretty academic

If he's the GoaT, why isn't he in the Hall of Fame? :can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
THE FUCKIN RALLY MONKEY

lol jk 3 titles in the 2010s ended the pain of 2002

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
I was trying to read Rick Ankiel's book and couldn't really understand why it was so hard to read.

And then I realized it was written with Tim Brown. He's the writer from Yahoo who tries to be like Bill Plaschke and they are both horrible horrible writers. They seriously make it too hard to follow. The book Plaschke wrote about Tommy Lasorda is the same waay. gently caress those guys and their terrible writing styles.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Joey Freshwater posted:

Haha Pizza Rats would have been awesome.

Best minor league affiliate is Montgomery Biscuits. It's my favorite hat

Yeah I have a Biscuits' hat and it's awesome. That and the Kane County Cougars because I grew up going to their games.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I don't have any wearable gear, but do have some merchandise from seeing a young Vlad Guerrero mash a baseball.

Initially read this as the Albany Podcasts

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Mets enter the bottom of the 9th 6-5 down. Load the bases with no outs. Fail to score.

Mets.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
We may have just seen the end of Curtis Granderson. Two pitches with the bases loaded, right down the heart of the plate. He turns away instead of at least trying to swing at them. That was simply embarrassing to watch.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

Mets enter the bottom of the 9th 6-5 down. Load the bases with no outs. Fail to score.

Mets.

Just Mets things. :geno:

On the bright side, Robert Gsellman looked good better than he has looked in a while in a starting role. I'm trying not to get hopes up too much, but I liked what I saw from him tonight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What the hell is up with you lately Devenski :(

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

THE FUCKIN RALLY MONKEY

lol jk 3 titles in the 2010s ended the pain of 2002
Here's to another 56 years! :hfive:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

What the hell is up with you lately Devenski :(

Yankees broke him.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

If he's the GoaT, why isn't he in the Hall of Fame? :can:

The current Hall of Fame is not the greatest Hall of Fame of all time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Another person who should be in the hall of fame but isn't: Tommy John.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

N: Josh COllmenter sucks

v: he should be on a team that isn't mine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Inspector_666 posted:

Yankees broke him.

Screw the Yankees :mad:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wade davis finally has recorded earned runs :(

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

N: Josh COllmenter sucks

v: he should be on a team that isn't mine

The look on his face during that last home run looked like he was watching his roster spot sail away with that baseball.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

This pitch doesn't seem possible
https://twitter.com/ThePitcherList/status/867435325357993985

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Anyone still have That GIF of Strasburg's slider from his first start? If you've seen it, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It breaks like a video game pitch.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

That's not even a bad camera angle, like the ones in the playoffs that make sliders look like they turn and fly sideways mid-air.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I'm a few pages late to Minor League cap chat, but I just wanted to show off this beautiful Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs hat I picked up for the summer months:

Minor League baseball owns

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Holy gently caress that's nasty :stare:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

wade davis finally has recorded earned runs :(

The only pitcher for the Cubs this season that hasn't recorded an earned run now is Miguel Montero

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Earth Table posted:

I'm a few pages late to Minor League cap chat, but I just wanted to show off this beautiful Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs hat I picked up for the summer months:

Minor League baseball owns

Is that a bacon skyline?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

This is like when you're farting around in practice and spinning the ball as hard as you possibly can and everything is either winding up in the dirt or over the catcher's head and then all of a sudden you throw THAT ONE GREAT PITCH and are like where the hell did that come from

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

Another person who should be in the hall of fame but isn't: Tommy John.

I would put John's doctor in before John

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Point. Either way, one of those two need to be in because of contributions to the sport as a whole.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

BasicFunk posted:

The look on his face during that last home run looked like he was watching his roster spot sail away with that baseball.

Speaking of, Collmenter DFA'd, Wisler coming back up.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:circlefap:

I would also like to say that Pitcher List is my new favorite Twitter page of all time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

YeahTubaMike posted:

:circlefap:

I would also like to say that Pitcher List is my new favorite Twitter page of all time.

It's a good website.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Paul Zuvella posted:

Why do people still try to name things via online votes. Literally everyone knows what's going to happen.

You can't see what names other people have submitted. At the submission deadline, the team will put their 5 favorite entries up for the internet to vote on.

https://secure.milb.com/tickets/form.jsp?formid=team_name_submission&formcode=form&sid=t431&section=team2

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/ThePitcherList/status/867436005183418369

:vince:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

iospace posted:

Point. Either way, one of those two need to be in because of contributions to the sport as a whole.

As always, I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that Curt Flood and Marvin Miller should have their own wing of the Hall of Fame. Preferably with an exhibit where people can just mercilessly make fun of Blackmun's writing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hey Intruder I have your Friday plans:

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/867726979650531328

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Somewhere Terry Ryan is watching this and shaking his head in disgust as he mutters something about pitching to contact.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pancakes posted:

As always, I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that Curt Flood and Marvin Miller should have their own wing of the Hall of Fame. Preferably with an exhibit where people can just mercilessly make fun of Blackmun's writing.

Miller notoriously hated the Hall of Fame and repeatedly said he'd boycott his own induction.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

NY Post reporting that neither group trying to buy the Marlins is likely to gather enough cash to meet the asking price. If that happens Loria would likely try again next year with a sale.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Timby posted:

Miller notoriously hated the Hall of Fame and repeatedly said he'd boycott his own induction.

What reasons did he have exactly?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
got a couple tickets for the jays game on sunday if anyone wants them. right behind home in the 500s, they're pretty good seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Timby posted:

This was a result of their snubbing him though. He didn't hate the HoF on principle, he just decided to tell them to gently caress off once it was clear they were going to jerk him around.

• Locked thread