Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

It's just a belief though, they can change their minds.

There's a syrian refugee family a street over from us. The dad got here and is now atheist and has found out he LOVES beer (like, he's dove headfirst into craft stuff it's crazy) and the mom and kids go to a baptist church.

We need to find out why some of these guys integrate like they've been waiting to do it all their lives, and others absolutely refuse to. We're paying for all this electronic surveillance, what the gently caress are we using it for??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Islamic extremism won't end until they're dominating the cultures they are attacking

Why would it?

Why would they ever stop?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nerses IV posted:

We need to find out why some of these guys integrate like they've been waiting to do it all their lives, and others absolutely refuse to. We're paying for all this electronic surveillance, what the gently caress are we using it for??

I guess some people have pride, loyalty, and honor whereas others are craven greedy self-haters who will betray their people at the drop of a hat

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
So we're looking at perma-terrorism forever? That's the solution?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
you are reminded to integrate and be part of america at every turn in america, in france and germany they don't really have that anymore for...Reasons, last time it didn't turn out so well.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

let me get this straight... you're pro-genocide?

His point is that if your argument is that ethnic cleansing, genocide and all the like are bad because Nazis and "it doesnt work" and that's all you got then you're some kind of intellectual and moral cripple and how are you so bad at debating to the point where people who agree with the moral statement "genocide is bad" want to tell you that your wrong because your arguments are so superficial and incorrect

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It's because no one said "white genocide" that it's all bad. FYI. You know how this works guys. Only the light skinned devil must be purged.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Piss de Bundy posted:

you are reminded to integrate and be part of america at every turn in america, in france and germany they don't really have that anymore for...Reasons, last time it didn't turn out so well.

:what:

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I guess some people have pride, loyalty, and honor whereas others are craven greedy self-haters who will betray their people at the drop of a hat

See, I don't know if you're talking about the right-wing guys or the muslims, here

edit: That's probably the point but you know whatever

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Nerses IV posted:

Some of the people who left loved their society and it was only a question of survival. Why would that person ever embrace the host culture, especially if they are the conservative sort?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

except those mormons you know, they carved out their own version of shariah law in utah. what is to be done about the mormon menace

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

Some of the people who left loved their society and it was only a question of survival. Why would that person ever embrace the host culture, especially if they are the conservative sort?

Because the society they left must have been super hosed if they had to flee it or die

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

An Islamic extremist detonated a nail bomb at a concert full of little girls

Man, these concert tour names get weirder and weirder.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Nerses IV posted:

Because the society they left must have been super hosed if they had to flee it or die

That works for a persecuted minority, not so much for Aziz the greengrocer who woke up one morning to find a crater where his shop used to be.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SickZip posted:

His point is that if your argument is that ethnic cleansing, genocide and all the like are bad because Nazis and "it doesnt work" and that's all you got then you're some kind of intellectual and moral cripple and how are you so bad at debating to the point where people who agree with the moral statement "genocide is bad" want to tell you that your wrong because your arguments are so superficial and incorrect

Help I am crippled.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

That works for a persecuted minority, not so much for Aziz the greengrocer who woke up one morning to find a crater where his shop used to be.

Maybe Aziz should try doing things our way now that he's here, our shops only turn in to craters if they're next to a poorly regulated fertilizer production facility

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
i cant wait for the mullahs to nuke us while we are sitting here arguing who is the most pro-genocide it will be so poetic

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

I hang out with the guy. He was never very religious anyway. Probably was already and atheist before he ever got here, just didn't want to admit it.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I hang out with the guy. He was never very religious anyway. Probably was already and atheist before he ever got here, just didn't want to admit it.

Oh, look, you've found a better case against genocide than every fuckup "leftist" in this thread. Weird

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

Oh, look, you've found a better case against genocide than every fuckup "leftist" in this thread. Weird

What? Just massively overhaul the immigration policy so that there is greater chance for integration?

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

What? Just massively overhaul the immigration policy so that there is greater chance for integration?

Hell, I'd settle for just knowing why some people integrate and some don't. If you want to use that information to build a profile so you can selectively target agreeable candidates for immigration, fine, but I'd rather use it to try and nudge the conservative holdouts in the correct direction. Figuring that poo poo out would save a lot more people in the long run.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
ask every potential islamic immigrant if they think anime is forbidden

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Nerses IV posted:

Hell, I'd settle for just knowing why some people integrate and some don't.

because some people don't want to integrate and some people do?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
There's only 2 solutions

1) Give them what they want and institute Sharia law

2) Accept that children will be blown up with bombs

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

because some people don't want to integrate and some people do?

Okay, why? What are the differences between these people? What makes a person change their attitude from one to the other? We've seen that these motherfuckers have a playbook to radicalize people, and it seems pretty effective. What do we have to know to build a playbook in the other direction?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There's only 2 solutions

1) Give them what they want and institute Sharia law

2) Accept that children will be blown up with bombs

Anything less is racist.

You're not a... a racist, are you?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
If your reasoning for not committing genocide merely hinges on "well, it would look bad and other countries would frown upon it" then lol holy gently caress, could you be any more morally bankrupt

Nerses IV posted:

Hell, I'd settle for just knowing why some people integrate and some don't. If you want to use that information to build a profile so you can selectively target agreeable candidates for immigration, fine, but I'd rather use it to try and nudge the conservative holdouts in the correct direction. Figuring that poo poo out would save a lot more people in the long run.

At least in the US, after a generation of two, foreigners from pretty much anywhere in the world integrate.

I think a huge part of why the USA is mostly shielded from this stuff is because of geography. We have Canada to the north, Mexico to the south and oceans on the sides. Huge swathes of people from the middle east can cross into Europe, but an illiterate sheep herder can't afford to buy a plane ticket to North America. So those who do come here know that we aren't too fond of people who molest little kids or spontaneously explode in crowded areas.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nerses IV posted:

People from wealthier, higher-class families tend to have more western social views. People who grew up with unskilled laborer fathers and illiterate housewife mothers in a foreign country where education is free tend to become educated, but seeing as they grow up talking only to people of similar backgrounds, fat cocksuckers who think the pakis stole their alcoholic dad's job, or white people with dreadlocks who call them fascinating, they may become angry and alienated.

KomodoWagon fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 25, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

Okay, why? What are the differences between these people? What makes a person change their attitude from one to the other? We've seen that these motherfuckers have a playbook to radicalize people, and it seems pretty effective. What do we have to know to build a playbook in the other direction?

Totally ancedotal, but the dude I know thought islam was stupid.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

spacetoaster posted:

Totally ancedotal, but the dude I know thought islam was stupid.

Race traitor...is what some people might call him. He's a true hero though.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

edit: these people weren't involved in the bombing or anything, just thought you might be interested?

schmuckfeatures fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 25, 2017

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
See, guys, I'm not a Nazi, I'm more like a Selous Scout

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLEAGuVPr_s

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

schmuckfeatures posted:

edit: these people weren't involved in the bombing or anything, just thought you might be interested?

are they dead tho?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

who is this loving idiot squawking about israel

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Nerses IV posted:

personal motivations and the factors KomodoWagon mentioned, i guess. some people simply don't have any, or at most very little, motivation to integrate and i believe this is true for any immigrant in any country and not just muslims. why they might not have any motivation to integrate might be because integration takes effort and they're lazy, or because it's easier and more familiar to stay within your ethnic group, or because they're there only to work, or they don't agree with the values of the indigenous people, or they're just passing through the country but for some reason or another got stuck there, etc., or a combination of these factors

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

who is this loving idiot squawking about israel

You either die when they're kneepads, or you live long enough for them to become shinpads :(

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

personal motivations and the factors KomodoWagon mentioned, i guess. some people simply don't have any, or at most very little, motivation to integrate and i believe this is true for any immigrant in any country and not just muslims. why they might not have any motivation to integrate might be because integration takes effort and they're lazy, or because it's easier and more familiar to stay within your ethnic group, or because they're there only to work, or they don't agree with the values of the indigenous people, or they're just passing through the country but for some reason or another got stuck there, etc., or a combination of these factors

All the immigrants I know (including my wife) are pretty hardcore USA patriots. I guess it's the whole nobody is more devout than a convert?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

spacetoaster posted:

I guess it's the whole nobody is more devout than a convert?

yeh p much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Agag posted:

Really? drat. I was %100 serious about that part.

Anyway point being there are still millions of natives in the US. If that how your fantasy of getting rid of all the Muslims supposed to look?

We did a lot of terrible sit to the native americans but complete genocidal extermination of every man woman and child wasn't really ever the goal so yea its not really surprising at all that there are millions of them. After Smallpox mostly we just moved em' around (forcibly or not) and eventually started intermarrying (something I know you look down on).

• Locked thread