Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Doomhammer posted:

There's always a use for someone who just casts earth wall/gaia shield over and over again I guess.
She has so little EP, though! She basically starts at Mueller's baseline.

Ries seems to hit hard enough to be a kinda sorta Joshua replacement, minus his obviously better crafts with their ColdSteel-esque AT Delays. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of her line-impede craft at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Estelle has way more utility because of her orbment line and variety of crafts imo. Plus Wheel of Time hits super hard.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm not saying Josette's better, just that she's not a complete garbage fire. When I had to use her it wasn't like, a problem. And against things that actually are susceptible to def down or faint she's genuinely great.

Also I forgot Julia and Schera for the bland all-rounders I only ever used as healbots tier.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 25, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've liked using Julia as a buffer, though it's dumb that it doesn't boost herself as well. That might just be another holdover tendency from Cold Steel's Noble Command, though.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is that trailer mirrored anywhere, I can't get it to load :sigh:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Levantine posted:

Is that trailer mirrored anywhere, I can't get it to load :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIqERVe63s

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Awesome, thank you.

I really like the returning characters' new looks. Agate looks great with short hair, and Rean's new outfit looks excellent.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I worry that CS3 will be part 1 of a second Erebonia duology instead of the proper conclusion. They have all of western Erebonia to establish along with a bunch of new student characters.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You and everyone else

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just want to go to Calvard...

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

lets hang out posted:

I'm not saying Josette's better, just that she's not a complete garbage fire. When I had to use her it wasn't like, a problem. And against things that actually are susceptible to def down or faint she's genuinely great.

Also I forgot Julia and Schera for the bland all-rounders I only ever used as healbots tier.

Josette has her uses if the enemy's not immune to def down or faint and the pushback from her Stampede craft is handy sometimes, it's just that she other characters can do most of the stuff she can do better and come with extra advantages. Her orbment's kinda sucky too since earth isn't really a good element to form arts with and because of the Earth-based center slot, she can't even use higher level AOE healing spells like Estelle can. She's not a millstone, but she's extremely unremarkable.

As for Schera and Julia, both have actually enough ATS to sling offensive arts and Schera's Heaven's Kiss can really help you out. Her Fox Tail craft also has very low delay, which you can use to time Heaven's Kisses for maximum effect. Julia's ability to hit all enemies twice while taking part in a chain craft is also one of those little gimmicks that you don't really appreciate until you unexpectedly slaughter a tough group of enemies with them. Not to mention Mirageberg2 makes her really hard to kill.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is there anything worth stealing with Josette? Even bosses don't seem to have decent swag., contrary to my JRPG expectations.

Edit: Also, is there a bug or typo with the Evade quartz? I always thought that it was stupid that they only gave like, at most 5 AGI, when there are accessories out there that give like 50 and equipment that gives 100. I think I have Josh with some 200 or so AGI and he evades pretty often, but I don't expect much with...+5. Was there a 0 missing at the end?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Josette is pretty worthless. Her best utility comes from being your support character, she gives the best passive buffs with a miniscule tradeoff.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Chances on that trailer theme being the normal battle theme?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

Chances on that trailer theme being the normal battle theme?

its possible but iirc the ao trailer used the final boss theme so it's not like a sure thing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've still got one blank spot in my TitS 3rd recipe book. Are there supposed to be 39 or 40 recipes?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Just finished Chapter 3. Game is super tidy and fun. Love those mega-boss fights.

*Does Moon Door 3*

lechter i swear to god i will rip out your spine

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Ys 8: Sept 12th North America, 15th Europe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool now I just need​ to find somewhere that doesn't want to charge me £50 for it for some reason.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

More importantly, NISA have confirmed they are doing everything they can to be as consistent as possible with all the stuff xseed has put out so far.

One of them even straight up went. "yeah we know everyone is terrified about what we'll do to this game, don't worry"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

More importantly, NISA have confirmed they are doing everything they can to be as consistent as possible with all the stuff xseed has put out so far.

One of them even straight up went. "yeah we know everyone is terrified about what we'll do to this game, don't worry"

Neat, but I don't know that even NISA's maximum effort still manages to match up to XSEED.

At least partially because XSEED is "ludicrous effort"

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
How do you tell how many battles you've fought? I get the feeling I'm blind and missing something obvious but I'm not seeing it...

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Yar The Pirate posted:

How do you tell how many battles you've fought? I get the feeling I'm blind and missing something obvious but I'm not seeing it...

First page of the Bracer Handbook/Gralsritter Handbook (Tab Achievements). Use the item under books to see it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

keep in mind while the doors always say battles fought, what they actually look at is battles won

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Which chapter/dungeon in 3rd do I need to be concerned with night vision goggles? Cause I'm chugging along pretty well with my number of battles without fleeing, and I just got to the training grounds.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Chapter 4's Bizarro Grimsel Fortress has dark rooms and so does another location later on. You probably want to save at the entrance to those dark rooms. There aren't a lot of monsters in there, but it's still sucky running into an enemy encounter and having to restore to an earlier save if you run into one.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

remember that the game has autosaves though

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I literally just hit the first dark room in that chapter. Unless I missed a chest earlier you have to go through the first hallway and hope you don't hit an enemy, and then grab the Night Vision goggles in the lower right side room in the next room. Not too bad all told but still wish I could've gotten them sooner.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You didn't miss any earlier chests, those are the first ones you can get.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
I'm in the Abyss Dungeon and for some reason the last boss isn't showing up on the field. I'm running around in the area past Star Door 15 and am not seeing that thing at all. Is there some other requirement I'm missing in all this?

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Gotta beat all the previous abyss bosses in one run.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yar The Pirate posted:

I'm in the Abyss Dungeon and for some reason the last boss isn't showing up on the field. I'm running around in the area past Star Door 15 and am not seeing that thing at all. Is there some other requirement I'm missing in all this?

You have to kill all three of the previous fiends without leaving the Abyss to make the fourth appear. If you warped there via the Star Door he won't show.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Oh man, that sucks balls...

Well thanks for the info.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Really Pants posted:

You have to kill all three of the previous fiends without leaving the Abyss to make the fourth appear. If you warped there via the Star Door he won't show.

Actually, if you beat the other three fiends and make him spawn, you can return the Garden and warp to Star Door 15 and he'll still be there.

If you warp to the monument at the top, he'll be gone.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everybody remembers ys iii adol

but is there a soul who remembers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hell sometimes I forget the Master System itself ever existed

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Hell sometimes I forget the Master System itself ever existed

It was super popular in South America and had one of the first JRPGs which had a heroine as the lead who didn't have a romantic interest in anyone else (Phantasy Star 1).

The SMS version of Ys looks really slow and kind of crap though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Are there any tips for the final fishing round mini-game or is it really just RNG bullshit.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's all RNG bullshit. Just hope you get lots of Sea Bass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nate RFB posted:

Are there any tips for the final fishing round mini-game or is it really just RNG bullshit.

use cheat engine to boost your fishing points imo