Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
and with free dairy queen he wouldn't have to spend 12bux daily on lunch which is apparently a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Does he need help coding the proprietary flash viewer to paywall his videos behind

no, the same guy who is making the xenforo forums is also making that

it's ready any minute now!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Hogge Wild posted:

no, the same guy who is making the xenforo forums is also making that

it's ready any minute now!

Oh good I hope they integrate so I can get notifications on the forum when my video is ready to view

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope the new forums have an inventory system

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
This is kinda sad to watch. And I'm not talking about the videos lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've watched every video on lowtax's channel, and let me tell you

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
I could go for some DQ right now and im stuck at work. Screw you all

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Maybe he could try doing a YouTube show like Maddox. He gets tons of views and it's funny and enter taining

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I could go for some DQ right now and im stuck at work. Screw you all

i'd be up to DQ

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No matter what, lowtax will still have a wonderful family, a cosy house, and fun dogs. Does it really matter that he's a bit inept when it comes to new methods of e-begging?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
goon in a well

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Trunko posted:

Maybe he could try doing a YouTube show like Maddox. He gets tons of views and it's funny and enter taining

Counterpoint: his voice absolutely ruined my memory of his site and I couldn't handle more than 15 secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE6jy78tV78

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Paladinus posted:

No matter what, lowtax will still have a wonderful family, a cosy house, and fun dogs. Does it really matter that he's a bit inept when it comes to new methods of e-begging?

idk man i mean some of those things need money for upkeep. i would like lowtax to get that money but there have to be better ways

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

idk man i mean some of those things need money for upkeep. i would like lowtax to get that money but there have to be better ways

His wife can be the bread-winner. It's the 21st century.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
There should be a page where we can see the registrations that are occurring, just like the leper's colony but reverse. If he has nothing to hide I mean.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
After Patreon fails Lowtax can start a comedy advice podcast called My Lowtax, My Shmorky, and Me.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Burt Sexual posted:

There should be a page where we can see the registrations that are occurring, just like the leper's colony but reverse. If he has nothing to hide I mean.

you can check them manually

click someone's profile and then put a bigger number in the userid until you run out of profiles

this is our latest rereg: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=221029

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He could do let's plays but instead of video games it's odd jobs at a day labor service like Labor Ready or something.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
and this was 2017's first rereg: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=220106

so there have been 923 reregs this year

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
on track for a solid 18k a year from regs alone. Not to mention the sweet avatar racket.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild posted:

and this was 2017's first rereg: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=220106

It means lowtax makes at least ~$22,000 a year on reregs alone.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hogge Wild posted:

So $9230 for 5 months. That's just rereg, not new regs?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

We don't get new regs any more.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Burt Sexual posted:

yes, there have been no new regs since 2013

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

We don't get new regs any more.

ayyyyyyyy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild posted:

yes, there have been no new regs since 2013

Uhm.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Parachutes don't count either.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I am the last true son of SA

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i really hope lowtax reads this thread both for financial advice and because he usually bans people when he notices that they're taking a piss on him

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
923 new regs is still over $1500 a month so dead SA is still making an order of magnitude more money than lame YouTubes and their associated patreon. Makes a lot more sense why lowtax spends so much time on SA instead of Twitter and YouTube now

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
A diverse portfolio is key to financial security. He might think about investing in Twitch.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

This is why the sports stars from my childhood are now commentators and execs for espn.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Lowtax should make a Gbs thread about his Gameing garbage youthube be thing and let us all get jazzed up about it and let cool Gbs posters come on as guests and in general just interact with this community of people who send him lots of money every week

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

in honour of Loxtax I made this image macro, I put in as much effort as he does for SA

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I really like that Lowtax is apparently chained to this necrotic near-corpse of a forum, probably as a result of some Faustian bargain made in 1999, and now the whole internet gets to laugh as he faffs around doing too little, too late on mediums he should've capitalized on a decade ago. Like I find it impossible to be mad at him because he's clearly the archetypal Fool of the internet. Bumble on, taxman.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i really hope lowtax reads this thread both for financial advice and because he usually bans people when he notices that they're taking a piss on him

the mods should probably just move this thread to BFC

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

proof of concept posted:

I wonder if the taxman even knows he runs a financial advice forum

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Lowtax forgot his password and can't look at the forums any more.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dial-a-Dog posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

proof of concept posted:

considering the subject matter I suggest the (h)arm reduction subforum.

• Locked thread