Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Yeaah, I am sure the hose was used in landscaping to keep the tree straight after a transplant and the tree grew around it, Seen it a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Applesnots posted:

Yeaah, I am sure the hose was used in landscaping to keep the tree straight after a transplant and the tree grew around it, Seen it a bunch.

Yep, the fact it's at the crook of a branch is a dead giveaway. Somebody left a hose draped over that branch for a loooooong rear end time.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Way out in the middle of no where, deep in the Appalachian mountains, one of my friends showed me a bicycle that had been resting on a tree so long the tree grew up around it.

Also, old fences that used live trees instead of posts tend to grow around the fence over time, especially if it's a wire fence.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 24, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Well, that's one way to shed some weight.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

that's a great way to gently caress up your tract (house)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Power Bottom posted:

:golfclap:

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

Guess he's Arthur 'No Sheds' Jackson now.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Now I kinda wanna make some kind of hilarious potato cannon and fire increasingly unlikely objects at poo poo to see how well they penetrate things. Gotta recreate that picture of a chunk of wheat straw that was driven through an oak tree.

They had something like this at a science museum I went to as a middle-schooler. They shot pencils through solid pieces of wood at like 150+ mph, with a clear acrylic tube so you could try to watch. It was pretty incredible to see something so light and small pierce right through a piece of 2x4.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

nomad2020 posted:

Since we're on wind.

Last one, this one with commentary from the tower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_WmjWAGkLI

Aviation folks - a question.

That third tow plane that was blown downwind - when the wind first hit it, it tilted and the tip of the wing hit/scraped on the ground. Would that plane have to be grounded and have an inspection done before it is allowed to fly again?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

CollegeCop posted:

Aviation folks - a question.

That third tow plane that was blown downwind - when the wind first hit it, it tilted and the tip of the wing hit/scraped on the ground. Would that plane have to be grounded and have an inspection done before it is allowed to fly again?

Almost certainly. If any lifting surface contacts the ground or an object it needs to be checked before it can fly in most places

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sammus posted:

Way out in the middle of no where, deep in the Appalachian mountains, one of my friends showed me a bicycle that had been resting on a tree so long the tree grew up around it.

Also, old fences that used live trees instead of posts tend to grow around the fence over time, especially if it's a wire fence.

I've got relatives that "installed" bottle openers in trees over the course of a decade, it's pretty slick.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/LO5LKp5.gifv

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/UAzkghe.gifv

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Wow that was tense.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sammus posted:

Sammus posted:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

That made me break out into a sweat, drat.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
That ended waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than I expected.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Dude has humonguous balls and/or massive poop in his pants.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pingiivi posted:

Dude has humonguous balls and/or massive poop in his pants.

ballast, he was in no danger.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I cannot deny that is a badass and utterly dangerous use of physics assuming it isn't a photoshop or he is attached to a post.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is that a cop in the first frame walking off screen waiting to arrest him?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Truck plows into Delaware company AnalTech, releasing odor that leads to HazMat situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDqsgbtpDLk

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AnalTech? Who thought that was a good idea?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zil posted:

AnalTech? Who thought that was a good idea?
Some rear end in a top hat in 1964, according to the article.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

Some rear end in a top hat in 1964, according to the article.

please, rear end in a top hat is my father's name

call me poopy doophole

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

oohhboy posted:

I cannot deny that is a badass and utterly dangerous use of physics assuming it isn't a photoshop or he is attached to a post.

It's just physics my man

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

FCKGW posted:

It's just physics my man

It's gonna be real funny when it slows down and he kisses the ground.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I've done this on the Gravitron. It's not hard, and you get lots of warning because it slows pretty gently.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

The_end
May 17, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

It's gonna be real funny when it slows down and he kisses the ground.

This is an employee of the fair. He will grab the bar and climb into the middle to turn it off.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Nocheez posted:

It's not hard, and you get lots of warning because it slows pretty gently.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Those things are also super loving dangerous and the one at six-flags (if it's even still here in illinois) has been moved around to multiple different places because it's removed a few feet and other body parts.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
fun fact: the movie 'gravity' was originally about this very subject

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

My life is about impressing bitches at carnivals

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

FCKGW posted:

It's just physics my man

Learning to do this is like day one of carney school.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
lol at the idea of carneys attending school.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MF_James posted:

Those things are also super loving dangerous and the one at six-flags (if it's even still here in illinois) has been moved around to multiple different places because it's removed a few feet and other body parts.

wtf why are they moving it did they think the area was haunted or something?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FCKGW posted:

wtf why are they moving it did they think the area was haunted or something?

It's like when news got out that a priest was molesting kids so they'd just reassign the priest to a parish in another part of the country. Local folks seem to be upset but hey, can't let a priest/twister ride go to waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's like when news got out that a priest was molesting kids so they'd just reassign the priest to a parish in another part of the country. Local folks seem to be upset but hey, can't let a priest/twister ride go to waste

This, since it didn't actually kill anyone it's probably cheaper to move the ride somewhere that they haven't foot-loosened already.