Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

bewbies posted:

If the Pens win I'm obviously going to have to support them in the final because I will not see the cup tarnished by the confederacy but I'll be goddamned if I can put up with a whole lot more of this phil kessel obsession you people have

lol you are salty as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

If you don't like the Preds and their fan base then you hate fun. This shits probably getting lots of kids in the area into the sport which is awesome.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

bewbies posted:

If the Pens win I'm obviously going to have to support them in the final because I will not see the cup tarnished by the confederacy but I'll be goddamned if I can put up with a whole lot more of this phil kessel obsession you people have

Carolina already won the Cup. So has Dallas.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

*lives in a city whose most famous monument is dedicated to leaving and was responsible for the 1904 olympics*

No you see NASHVILLE is the bad city and

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Infidel Castro posted:

And Tampa Bay.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Flyinglemur posted:

Oh good. This always goes to terrific places.
Pittsburgh is a pretty terrific place, yeah. :shobon:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

these were dark times my friend, dark times

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

If you don't like the Preds and their fan base then you hate fun. This shits probably getting lots of kids in the area into the sport which is awesome.

:agreed: Watching them lose their minds at a cup win would be pretty entertaining if it wasn't at the expense of a team I liked.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

How did I not know about this show. Holy poo poo.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Youth hockey is exploding in Nashville. The city build a huge complex in 2014 near my house and are planning another one on the west side of the city. They can't keep up with the demand. Its pretty cool to see.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/02/27/nashville-predators-metro-plan-new-ice-center-bellevue/98496822/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozDDYcyrCNE

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Verman posted:

It's a great drat show.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Youth hockey is exploding in Nashville. The city build a huge complex in 2014 near my house and are planning another one on the west side of the city. They can't keep up with the demand. Its pretty cool to see.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/02/27/nashville-predators-metro-plan-new-ice-center-bellevue/98496822/

Congrats on your nearby coming IKEA.

So Thufir and I bought four seats for the entire playoffs so that various friends can come with us at our super cushy renewed STH pricing. We already have friends who moved away flying back to visit for game 3. Now we have to figure out who gets dibs on the other games but dang, our double-discounted seats (you get a discount as a STH and then another discount on top of THAT if you're renewed for next season) are $66/ticket and I could re-sell them at $700+ easily it looks like. Temptation... o_o

(I'm imagining how salty bewbies is going to be at seeing I'm paying $66 per seat for each of 2-3 games I will be attending of the Stanley Cup Final and insert big grin here)

mich fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 25, 2017

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Verman posted:

It's Canadian that's why.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Verman posted:

This is more hockey focused from the same guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itaP9_Vltfk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcRZQ92GSk

gotta get pucks deep, get pucks to the net and uhhhh......

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

yellowcar posted:

It's Canadian that's why.

How can I watch it in :911: because I want to watch this show now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bewbies gunning for "Mook 2.0" I see

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

mich posted:

Congrats on your nearby coming IKEA.

So Thufir and I bought four seats for the entire playoffs so that various friends can come with us at our super cushy renewed STH pricing. We already have friends who moved away flying back to visit for game 3. Now we have to figure out who gets dibs on the other games but dang, our double-discounted seats (you get a discount as a STH and then another discount on top of THAT if you're renewed for next season) are $66/ticket and I could re-sell them at $700+ easily it looks like. Temptation... o_o

(I'm imagining how salty bewbies is going to be at seeing I'm paying $66 per seat for each of 2-3 games I will be attending of the Stanley Cup Final and insert big grin here)

Thanks! I told my wife yesterday and she freaked out. Not opening until 2020 though. I do like that the city is trying to revitalize the Antioch area, which this will definitely help with.

Ahem, if you ever need to sell those tickets...

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The last time Eugene wrote a letter to an Ottawa paper he was literally begging for somebody to give him their liver, and somehow the letter he wrote today seems more selfish. Game 7 of the ECF and this motherfucker writes about how he's mad about a Don Brennan article blaming him for the empty seats

Melnyk posted:

That Cup has always been my singular focus as the privileged owner of our hockey team. I have made it one of my core priorities to ensure we ice a competitive hockey team every year and that we do so with the resources we have. But our playoff success this year is no one person’s doing. I couldn’t possibly name all of the people in one letter.

And similarly, if there are empty seats in our building during these playoffs, it is certainly unfair to point the blame squarely on any one person – especially me.

If someone chooses to put the blame on solely for this reality, well they simply have no clue how hard I work, how passionate I am, and how committed I am to the Ottawa Senators and their success on the ice, off the ice and in our community.
http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/letters/todays-letters-eugene-melnyk-responds-to-criticism

go Pens!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

If someone goes out of their way to insist they work really hard, they don't actually work that hard.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

How can I watch it in :911: because I want to watch this show now.

:filez: or Youtube. It's exclusively on Crave which is a specialty channel.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

yellowcar posted:

:files: or Youtube. It's exclusively on Crave which is a specialty channel.

Crave is so loving awful that you shouldn't bother trying to vpn to use it. The app is an abomination.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

If someone goes out of their way to insist they work really hard, they don't actually work that hard.

this comment angers the baby boomers in my life

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Imagine if it was 1967 for a sec

O6 fans: "St. Louis? LAAAAAAAAAWL"

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Godinster posted:

Crave is so loving awful that you shouldn't bother trying to vpn to use it. The app is an abomination.
They got Twin Peaks in Canada and it pisses me off

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

ThinkTank posted:

workin hard (from the Caribbean)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

The last time Eugene wrote a letter to an Ottawa paper he was literally begging for somebody to give him their liver, and somehow the letter he wrote today seems more selfish. Game 7 of the ECF and this motherfucker writes about how he's mad about a Don Brennan article blaming him for the empty seats

http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/letters/todays-letters-eugene-melnyk-responds-to-criticism

go Pens!

https://twitter.com/DefenseMinister/status/867825734005522432

Yup

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Dirty Burger posted:

You couldn't make a discussion between Brennan and Melnyk less interesting if you had it entered into Hansard, translated to French and read back by Microsoft Sam at 1 speed during Lions Club TV Bingo.

Not unlike my posting.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 25, 2017

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If your team hadn't even played in the Finals one time in your entire life you'd be pretty salty too

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Eric the Mauve posted:

If your team hadn't even played in the Finals one time in your entire life you'd be pretty salty too

The Brewers haven't been to the WS in my life and the Twins have won all of one playoff series since I started following them. I'm not gonna get salty if a place I deem "not a baseball city" makes it.

Hockey's really odd in that way though. No other sport seems to have the regional snobbery nearly as bad as hockey.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 25, 2017

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Godinster posted:

Crave has an awesome selection and a lovely app and no Android TV support. I want to watch your shows, CraveTV, why do you make it so hard to love you?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

during Lions Club TV Bingo.

Wait a minute. Televised Bingo?

Eric the Mauve posted:

I thought you were talking about Ottawa and went "Uhhhh" before realizing you're talking about St. Louis..

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm still confused about how someone can hate fried chicken, especially hot wings

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Aurora posted:

I'm still confused about how someone can hate fried chicken, especially hot wings

Vegans are crazy. I've dated two

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Vegans are crazy. I've dated two

One is an honest mistake. Second one is all on you, buddy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

No. The mistake in those relationships was all on them for dating me in thr first place.....

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Technetium posted:

Crave has an awesome selection and a lovely app and no Android TV support. I want to watch your shows, CraveTV, why do you make it so hard to love you?

The lack of Android TV app is pretty unforgivable for a service that's been out as long as they have been. Even Amazon Prime has an app out for it and they don't even have a Chromecast app!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/CFRAOttawa/status/867884009476509696
Nice big chunk of sens mile right there....

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/bobgrove91/status/867884988720533504

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I think it's about 60% the Penguins win tonight, but if they don't it will still be pretty cool to have two teams that have never won the Cup before in the Finals. I can live with that.

Of course it's way easier to say I can live with that when I've already seen my team win the Cup twice and I also get to enjoy watching them bounce the Caps from the playoffs almost every year

• Locked thread