Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

Wandering around recently bombed parts of Helmand, enquiring about their dead kids, is a hobby mostly for those who aren't too attached to their heads. Also, given the general lack of records or respect for factual accuracy in Afghanistan, you probably won't get good answers anyway.

I thought about this after I posted it. 'Here's a sketch of Ahmed, his parents said he was a really good goat milker also he might be at a neighboring village collecting rocks so it's hard to say what happened to him.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ryand-Smith posted:

B: your edgy post isn't needed.

that wasnt edgy at all

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Current events bitches:

Nz has joined the space race

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11862250

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

shyduck posted:

First off lol no, and second a lot of those manufacturers have factories in the US.

I'm going to go drink some bleach.

I'm genuinely hoping for him to get pissed off enough about Japan not paying their "protection money" to say something similar about car sales from there.

I mean, it's no longer a surprise to me that the leader of the free world does not understand the remotest thing about supply chains, but there is yet some foot-in-mouth potential to be explored here.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Franken says he won't run for president in 2020 :(

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Fuuuuuuuck that.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It's her turn! Again!

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Globalism is bad! he said before sending a tweet on his cheaply manufactured iPhone

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/29/james-mattis-a-warrior-in-washington

Good article about General Secretary Saint James Mattis

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

milk milk lemonade posted:

Globalism is bad! he said before sending a tweet on his cheaply manufactured five year old Samsung

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Flipping through channels at my parents house, and Fox is definitely spinning the reporter thing as a positive.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Democracy was a cool experiment guys

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Isn't it late enough on the east coast at this point for some conclusive results to be available?

Not that I'm expecting gianwhatshisname not to win, but I figured this shindig to be over by the afternoon here.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hold on, i just realized I don't have the faintest clue where that state is.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hold on, i just realized I don't have the faintest clue where that state is.

other side of the us

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

other side of the us

Is that one of the states you can legally drink and drive in

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Some state senator started crying on the floor about how tougher DUI laws were destroying their special culture.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, I somehow thought montana was right next to Pennsylvania.

Also lol at it being on the same degree of longitude as Arizona but one hour ahead because this dumb state doesn't give a poo poo about DST.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Waroduce posted:

They also didn't have speed limits from 1995 - 1999.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Flipping through channels at my parents house, and Fox is definitely spinning the reporter thing as a positive.

Guess they figured there was more money to be made in normalizing violence against the press. At least I can hope for Hannity to get the boot, right?

Nope.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welp, I somehow thought montana was right next to Pennsylvania.

Also lol at it being on the same degree of longitude as Arizona but one hour ahead because this dumb state doesn't give a poo poo about DST.

Arizona is right and everyone else is wrong HTH

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

No Safe Word posted:

On like this one thing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No Safe Word posted:

Hawaii doesn't use DST either.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

NBC opening the 6:30 report with the daily bombshell: The "Current WH Official" under investigation in Russia probe is Kushner

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:eyepop:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shame on an IGA posted:

NBC opening the 6:30 report with the daily bombshell: The "Current WH Official" under investigation in Russia probe is Kushner

Bombshell how? I mean, that was a gimme

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's shocking in that they kept it under their hat until 6:30 instead of giving it to cable or twitter

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

meh

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I can't even play a destroy artifact against this! So unbalanced!

shame on an IGA posted:

The only good bombshell is the Bombshell podcast which you should all be listening too!

Also I hope all the Kushners and co get charged with tax evasion or money laundering or something, insider trading even!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

loving preach, brother!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope it's because he doesn't want to run against Biden.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Waroduce posted:

First offense DUI isn't a crime in Wisconsin, only a traffic infraction. :downs:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

DoktorLoken posted:

First offense DUI isn't a crime in Wisconsin, only a traffic infraction. :downs:

Lmao

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

DoktorLoken posted:

I work with a guy from middle-of-nowhere WI. He described it as totally normal for adults and high schoolers alike to just cruise around getting drunk in their cars as a kind of mobile hangout.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

DoktorLoken posted:

"You killed two cows and a quarter acre of corn. Here's your ticket."

Also, that Planned Parenthood shooter is still too crazy to convict. Back to the mental health wing for him

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

I work with a guy from middle-of-nowhere WI. He described it as totally normal for adults and high schoolers alike to just cruise around getting drunk in their cars as a kind of mobile hangout.

This is correct. It was also not unusual for people to have wracked up multiple DUIs before graduating high school. We had a very good female basketball player get a waiver to play in the state tournament after getting her third.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

"You killed two cows and a quarter acre of corn. Here's your ticket."

Also, that Planned Parenthood shooter is still too crazy to convict. Back to the mental health wing for him

You say that, but WI actually is fairly populated. It's not Nebraska or North Dakota, but I could see that kind of attitude being prevalent in rural areas.

Milwaukee has 600,000 people and is basically a mini Chicago:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Serious question: Why can't the budget just call for like a x% spending cut to every single department instead of picking and choosing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Only part of Wisconsin I've been in is Ft. McCoy and it is indeed in the middle of nowhere.

• Locked thread