Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Warbird posted:

So what was the story here again? I clicked one of the little ad things at the bottom and ended up at a website that's been up and largely unchanged since 1996.

I can't remember the exact episode, but it was one of the user ads in the mbmbam money zone, where someone sent in a text (or message or something) someone received from a friend while said friend was at a Coldplay concert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Warbird posted:

So what was the story here again? I clicked one of the little ad things at the bottom and ended up at a website that's been up and largely unchanged since 1996.

There are mbmbam clips at the bottom of the page with the relevant bits

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just started watching the seeso show and I was not prepared for Clown Box.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Greatbacon posted:

I can't remember the exact episode, but it was one of the user ads in the mbmbam money zone, where someone sent in a text (or message or something) someone received from a friend while said friend was at a Coldplay concert.

It was a LiveJournal entry from 2003, which is why the website looks like it does with the old school web ring buttons and stuff. Scroll way down past the LiveJournal stuff and there's a full explanation with audio clips from each of the episodes that mentioned the message.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

RandomPauI posted:

I just started watching the seeso show and I was not prepared for Clown Box.

none of us were

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was only going to watch one episode yesterday but I ended up watching all five (already saw the ranchos one). What a great show. I should start listening to the podcast I think. I'm not really a podcast listeny sort of person but I think these guys might be a good place to start.

I liked getting context for Safety Town and the Clownbox, I'd seen the clips but they're even better with the full episodes. And the mayor seems like a really chill guy.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

McDragon posted:

And the mayor seems like a really chill guy.

Their weird rivalry/relationship with the mayor of huntington is probably my favorite part of the show

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Their weird rivalry/relationship with the mayor of huntington is probably my favorite part of the show
Now that I think about it, it's completely the opposite of the mayor/citizens relationship on Portlandia.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Their interactions with the mayor were absolutely some of the best parts of the show. Their meeting about the Rancho parade and Griffin's insistence that nobody tell on them to the mayor are honestly one of my favorite moments.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"...Justin 'Big Muscles' McElroy..."
"Mayor said it. That's legal, everyone."

That and the Mayor patiently sitting there while Justin's trying to get through his "attack ad" were two of my favorite bits in the entire season. Dude just wanted to make sure his idyllic mountain town looked good on Tee-vee.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I want to know more about how Clint got on his radar.

"They are their father's sons" implies hijinks I desperately want to hear more about.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Not Operator posted:

I want to know more about how Clint got on his radar.

"They are their father's sons" implies hijinks I desperately want to hear more about.

Clint is a pretty well-known radio personality in the area and has been for quite some time.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Poque posted:

Clint is a pretty well-known radio personality in the area and has been for quite some time.

I know its probably just that, but given some of the stories the boys have told about him, I really want to believe he did something dumb.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
Just a heads up, if i keep seeing people posting in this thread about how bad it is, or how much they hate other posters, or trying derail it or whatever I'm going to start handing out probations. If you don't like the thread you know what to do! No one is making you read it, much less post in it about how you don't like it. Threads are good when people who care about the topic post about it in them, go figure.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I remember reading somewhere their dad is friends with the mayor or maybe even went to school sometime together? Can't remember exactly what the deal was, but they are previously acquainted.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

JethroMcB posted:

Dude just wanted to make sure his idyllic mountain town looked good on Tee-vee.

Huntington was ground zero for the opioid crisis in the USA, they need all the good publicity they can get. Outside MBMBAM I've only seen it referred to as "heroin-ravaged".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Scudworth posted:

Huntington was ground zero for the opioid crisis in the USA, they need all the good publicity they can get. Outside MBMBAM I've only seen it referred to as "heroin-ravaged".

yea like obviously it's not something to joke about in the boner and fart podcast but the occasional jokes they do like Justin on Giant Bomb joking about time traveling into Huntington's future and seeing it as just a crater come from a pretty real place. Which is why it's cool they do a lot of charity with their live shows and all, and stuff like 'we did a comedy show where we treat the mayor like a stuffy dean and go hang out in the fuckin bowling alley making a fake secret society' actually is kinda important to show that it isn't some hell hole.

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?

Scudworth posted:

Huntington is also the fattest city in america. I know that Justin often brings up/ gets mad at Jamie Oliver for filming "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgmk323H6k

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Numb Three Ers posted:

Huntington is also the fattest city in america. I know that Justin often brings up/ gets mad at Jamie Oliver for filming "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" there.

And yet it could not sustain a Cici's Pizza.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

JethroMcB posted:

Or maybe the Cici's couldn't sustain it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Its frame couldn't handle the fame.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

good enough excuse to post the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZS3FVwVUU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
More live PUBG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF3lF6Yo-gs

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

"Choke me, daddy!" - Pat

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I goddamn love watching them fail at this stupid game

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

SpacePig posted:

Their interactions with the mayor were absolutely some of the best parts of the show. Their meeting about the Rancho parade and Griffin's insistence that nobody tell on them to the mayor are honestly one of my favorite moments.
Came here to post something like this, now that I can finally watch the series in Canada. All the goofs are fantastic and I also love that everyone they meet seems so good at going along with the series' tone.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think either Safety Town or Marvin jerking off is the funniest part of the show. Something about the noise it makes when his big weird bone hand hits the desk.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
One thing I think really helped the show was that they left a lot of laughing in. I know "breaking" is sort of unprofessional, but watching 3 brothers falling over each other to make each other laugh is some good goddamn entertainment. That's why a lot of my favorite bits are either with the mayor or with Clint.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The TV show has some amazing stuff but anything with the Mayor is my favorite.
Also their resumes and interviews with Justin's father in law.
Also "We are Griffin"
Also "LIGHT THIS MOTHERFUCKER UP"
Also any time they made a phone call in the van.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hi, this is... Zack *hangs up*

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

The Berzerker posted:

Also any time they made a phone call in the van.

They know where the Holy Grail is and you just called them a number you found on Google!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

"I think Adventure Zone was a big catalyst, like that show's audience in the last year, like every three months, has doubled, like over and over again, which is very humbling and very flattering... But at the same time, Justin said this thing about The Adventure Zone that I think was really accurate, and he said it was like we were driving a car that started to fly. Like, I don't know what to do with that. Like, this is the first piece of fiction that we've ever done, and now there's like a pretty huge audience for it, and a lot of them want a lot of different things from it, and I struggle with not wanting to disappoint anybody, like that has been sort of a guiding force for all the things we make... Now there's people saying: You'll disappoint me if you do what THEY want you to do. And so I've kind of started to pull back from online stuff, like from social networks... It's gotten very, very complicated in a way I don't really know how to navigate... I think it's cool that we have become the podcasters and video content creators [...] that we are because of listening to folks, and whether that means like, them saying, like "Hey, don't do that!" and we try our best not to do that and course correct, or people telling us what they want and then we try to fill that need. But at the same time there is a logical terminus to that, where like a certain number of people telling you what they want is like... eventually that's just gonna become kinda too big to listen to... It's very much like Bruce Almighty, when he wants to do all the prayers but there's like a billion prayers. Not that we have a billion listeners, as cool as that would be... It's just, it's a lot, and it's coming from all directions, and eventually it feels like we're disappointing more people than we are delighting, just based on the fact that we can't do everything, and we can't appease everyone, and we can't take on every piece of feedback that we get, because it's in conflict with what other feedback is and what we think is important. Which is like, man I'll be honest, it causes a lot of anxiety, like a whole lot, partially because I have just really, really, really, really bad Impostor Syndrome, especially with Adventure Zone, which is the first fiction thing I've ever done, where I wonder: What is gonna be the episode I put up that like is the one where people realize 'Wait, this thing sucks' or like the episode that ends our career like I always... once I finish editing an episode I almost always go back and like relisten to it and just make sure like 'Okay, if I was somebody who didn't know this thing and I - I didn't go into the making of this episode, would this be good for me?' And I get so in-my-head about it, and it's - it's probably not the most healthful way to make stuff."

Griffin, on a podcast called Woodland Secrets. (via)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just in case you are wondering, there is no way to link your SeeSo account to Amazon. I talked to a rep and they confirmed you have to cancel your sub and re-buy it on Amazon.

It sucks but SeeSo has a garbage website that just stopped recognizing Flash recently.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

flatluigi posted:

See, this is why I've gotten angry in the past over people hassling Griffin over things that shouldn't be up to the audience. People in this thread say "Oh, but it's so good that the Bros listen to feedback!", but it's a really unfair and lovely thing to do to the Brothers. :(

I hope they find a way to find an equilibrium where they respect people's opinions without paying too much mind to various headcanons.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

flatluigi posted:

This is all very enlightening and I really hope he finds a way to avoid this issue without ducking out completely, but...

How is Bruce Almighty your pull?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ariong posted:

This is all very enlightening and I really hope he finds a way to avoid this issue without ducking out completely, but...

How is Bruce Almighty your pull?

i've been listening through the coolgames inc back catalog and i've heard them talk about bruce almighty enough to where that pull wasn't a surprise to me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
griffin is an unironic bruce almighty fan and that's just something we have to move past to keep enjoying his good good content

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Furries? Great. Jugglers? I found a way. But this? This might be a bridge too far.

Serf
May 5, 2011

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

I goddamn love watching them fail at this stupid game

I like that this game is popular and lots of people are making videos of it because it is very entertaining to watch but the whiplash in playstyles can be intense. Like I watch Beaglerush play it, and he treats the game like a cross between a real life apocalypse and a swat team nightmare. Like Griffin constantly jokes about slicing the pie and poo poo but this dude and his friends mostly actually do that. But then I watch Austin and Patrick from Waypoint or the Awful Squad and I see how they play and it is hilarious to see the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just jump around and spray my Uzi at passing jeeps.