Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

yellowcar posted:

I'm sure they'll reintroduce thirds again at some point. Already making 62 different sets of jerseys for players and merch is a tall order.

oh for sure, I definitely understand why they would want to lower the amount of manufacturing processes they have to go through for each team.

but i'm selfish and want cool jerseys NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ThinkTank posted:

He's still dining out on that one, don't worry.

Reid Boucher is a dime a dozen guy, if he's all Vegas takes from us then so be it. He can be replaced for about $700k

hes not a great player but he has a fairly good skillset of "shoot the puck a whole lot". id rather that kind of 4th line schmuck than derek dorsett or whatever

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

hes not a great player but he has a fairly good skillset of "shoot the puck a whole lot". id rather that kind of 4th line schmuck than derek dorsett or whatever

Oh yeah no doubt, I'm not advocating for his exit it's just that he's hardly a player we should fret losing. If he goes there are probably like 60 players on the UFA market that can do what he can do at the same price. I'd much prefer we lost him in the expansion draft than Sutter or Gudbranson simply because those latter two hold a modicum of trade value whereas Boucher does not. With that said, I'd be totally a-okay with Benning exposing one of those two useless lumps but that's not actually going to happen.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
between his ntc and his stupid contract, sutter has substantially negative value to this team and id love it if he was claimed

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Verviticus posted:

between his ntc and his stupid contract, sutter has substantially negative value to this team and id love it if he was claimed

i thought ntc forced teams to protect those players

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

violent sex idiot posted:

No, it's a NMC that forces it (such as with Fleury and Pittsburgh).

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

Only NMC, NTCs don't apply to the expansion draft as they're technically not trades.

Verviticus posted:

I'd have no problem with it, but if he wanted to Benning (actually NM make that a halfway competent GM) could dump Sutter's contract on some unsuspecting team.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/867833388501172224

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/867833388501172224

lmao

E: KILZA :doom:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Hahaha

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Hahaha

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ahahaha

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

something something I had said earlier this season about Montreal being the place where all the goons go to end their playing career

E: found it

MononcQc posted:

the new theory is that Habs are getting rid of players for the league. Notable example who ended their NHL career in montreal:

- John Scott
- George Parros
- George Laraque

Maybe Ott is next on the list.

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 25, 2017

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

think of the good things this tells us about the future. coach chris neil? coach tanner glass?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Coach Sean Avery

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Coach Patrick Roy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Coach Patrick Roy

lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

It's cool that the well-adjusted people get into scouting or just say gently caress it and go golfing and the psychos like berube and dale hunter go into coaching. We're probably going to see perry, dustin brown, thornton, marchand, and i dunno crosby, all teach their teams to go king of the hill bobby on nutsacks

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

iospace posted:

Coach Patrick Roy

Mike smith would be a good candidate for this too

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

A man with a temper too hot
Dunning-Kreugered into a new spot
With nothing to lose
the Blues had to choose
And only got Coach Steve Ott

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

D E H U M A N I Z E Y O U R S E L F A N D F A C E T O C O A C H S T E V E O T T

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What is Steve Ott going to coach any of them about aside from chirping?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

code:
10 PRINT "COACH STEVE OTT";
20 GOTO 10

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mike_V posted:

What is Steve Ott going to coach any of them about aside from chirping?

He should have gone into the individual player coaching niche to teach guys to be a veteran and get stupid deals from GMs

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
At the trade deadline, I pondered what could be worse than trading for Steve Ott. Now I know.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I feel like this is a good time to remind people that Steve Ott races power boats and named his son Maverick (after the basketball team - I'm not kidding). The Blues are in good hands with a renegade like that in charge.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Wrong thread

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 25, 2017

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Coach. Steve. Ott. You'd think he'd be a Star, we have a guy who clearly needs licking training.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I don’t have to say a whole lot more about the way I feel about Steve Ott! no respect, no honor! There is no honor amongst thieves in the first place!!

He put HAHD TIMES on Dallas Stars and their team! You don’t know what hahd times is, daddeh!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

MononcQc posted:

something something I had said earlier this season about Montreal being the place where all the goons go to end their playing career

E: found it

At least it means that idiot Goldblum can't resign Ott jeez.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

"no no no, hear me out. there's been player-coaches before. but what if the player-coach played and coached in different teams"

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sorry blues fans

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

ThinkTank posted:

I feel like this is a good time to remind people that Steve Ott races power boats and named his son Maverick (after the basketball team - I'm not kidding). The Blues are in good hands with a renegade like that in charge.

This is actually good as hell.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I doubt Ott will stand out in any way from other assistant coaches.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

*sharp inhale*

FINE-LYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

THE OTT

HAS COME BACK

TO ST. LOOOOOOOUUUUUUUIIISSSSS

*crowd pop*

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/icemancometh/status/867849584332029952

the preds had to brutally injure all the ducks to win. look at those cheaters. jesus christ those are awful injuries to try and play through

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
hrmmmm good luck traded vatanen now. its almost like you guys don't even want drouin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

Thank loving god.

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/icemancometh/status/867849584332029952

the preds had to brutally injure all the ducks to win. look at those cheaters. jesus christ those are awful injuries to try and play through

My only regret was that they didn't injure more of them.

• Locked thread