Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/867843201327140864

Any other human being would be in jail.

Reminder: The Sheriff in charge of the case was a Gianforte donor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

But, like, weren't Conservatives all for immigration just a short while ago? More money and stuff.

Or were UK Conservatives always against it?

Would "Blairite Labour" be more comparable to Clinton and Establishment Dems?

Haha, no, the Conservatives have always been anti-immigration, it's just become more overt since they're fighting for UKIP (even further right) votes. Blair and Clinton are a decent comparison, though his star has fallen significantly since he left office.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress. Rodney Dangerfield would have been the best Trump in the biography.

Xibanya posted:

Milo be trollin'. Clever, though.

Fun fact, wacky circumstance had me going out for drinks with one of the main leaders of gamergate; we got in an argument about Milo. He insisted to me that Milo was a troll and didn't believe what he was saying and offered to introduce me to him to show what a neat dude Milo was. I demurred but I sometimes wonder how the hell that would have gone down. If it had god knows there might be some lovely picture of myself like that out there.
Did you tell him that it doesn't loving matter if he's "just trolling" or not because being a "pretend" bigot and being a real bigot are the exact same thing?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

NoDamage posted:

He has zero political experience, but at least he would hire competent people who aren't out to kill the poor and rape the environment, which is miles ahead of where we are now...

ahahahah do you silicon valley at ~all~ my dude

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Yeah it was a pretty big deal. I was like 9 and I remember it almost as vividly as 9/11 for some reason
Waco? Didn't we watch people die horrifically on live tv? Wasn't that when they started delaying video by like 30-60 seconds so they could cut stuff like that, or was it Budd Dwyer who caused that?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Meme Emulator posted:

Ill believe it when I loving see it. More big talk from more air heads with delusions of grandeur. We JUST elected a know nothing businessman to the whitehouse and this idiot thinks we should do it again?

I mean, I think it's safe to say that Zuck is actually intelligent, as opposed to the orange.

That doesn't means that he's a good person or should be elected, but if that happened he probably wouldn't fill the government with nazis and braindead cultists

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Yeah it was a pretty big deal. I was like 9 and I remember it almost as vividly as 9/11 for some reason

My dad got some tape of a documentary film that I remember being sort of like an CSB video. I was like 10 years old and he made all of us watch that poo poo.

Even today all I can sum it up as was "unhinged".

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Meme Emulator posted:

Ill believe it when I loving see it. More big talk from more air heads with delusions of grandeur. We JUST elected a know nothing businessman to the whitehouse and this idiot thinks we should do it again?

I don't think the U.S thinks Trump is a mistake yet. I mean, millions do certainly, but they're effectively muted until their political party regains power in one of the branches. I think the trend of politicians without political knowledge will go on until a huge mistake comes from it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ze Pollack posted:

ahahahah do you silicon valley at ~all~ my dude

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Liu posted:

"sorry baby girl, you have to die because daddy just loves annoying liberals too much, maga"

You're joking but this is exactly how he says it in the gofundme description:

quote:

My daughter Nicky is 8 years old and she has been battling sarcoma cancer for over a year now. She loves art, dancing, learning new things, and making new friends. Nicky is trying to stay positive after having doctors remove a very large tumor on her arm, but now needs to have a second surgery to remove a new tumor. Please help Nicky get the surgery she needs. Thank you!

To help Nicky, donate here.
#TrumpTrain #MAGA

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nucleic Acids posted:

Milo trying to take credit for something.

And wasn't Louise Mensch originally some right-wing commentator in Britain famous for being Always Wrong on a Kristollian level?

She was a Conservative MP who gained exposure from being a lot more (physically) attractive than the average Conservative MP and going on panel shows, on which she got routinely destroyed.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Captain Invictus posted:

Waco? Didn't we watch people die horrifically on live tv? Wasn't that when they started delaying video by like 30-60 seconds so they could cut stuff like that, or was it Budd Dwyer who caused that?

Yeah I remember people being on fire/burned corpses. That might be just a constructed memory from people talking about the incident around me after the fact, but it's in there alright

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Lote posted:

Gallup only measured approval ratings every two weeks back then. Waco took him from 55% to 45% between the end of April and mid May

Which still wasn't his low, which, as measured by Gallop 4 weeks later Jun 5-6 at 37% after Travelgate. But please tell me more about how it was Waco.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Spaced God posted:

I was not able to see this before the stream ended. Anyone know what was said?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Holy poo poo, Waco was in '93? I thought it was in the '70s, or something. Maybe I'm getting it confused with Ruby Ridge.

e: Ruby Ridge was in '92? Huh.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Duke Igthorn posted:

gently caress. Rodney Dangerfield would have been the best Trump in the biography.

Did you tell him that it doesn't loving matter if he's "just trolling" or not because being a "pretend" bigot and being a real bigot are the exact same thing?

I did!

We got told to leave the bar because our voices were raised. We continued to argue outside. Then he told me very sincerely that I had a point. The next day he hosted a panel at SXSW dedicated to bitching about SJWs. :downs:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Spaced God posted:

I totally agree that this dumbass will escape the assault charges and take his House seat without any issue, but you normally are granted bail for misdemeanor assault and don't have to sit in jail

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

B B posted:

I was not able to see this before the stream ended. Anyone know what was said?

Nothing. Boilerplate "we'll do a thorough investigation" bullshit.

Gianforte has since been charged with misdemeanor assault, punishable by up to 6m in jail.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

tight aspirations posted:

Holy poo poo, Waco was in '93? I thought it was in the '70s, or something. Maybe I'm getting it confused with Ruby Ridge.

Ruby Ridge also happened in the early 90s.

Edit: Would recommend this documentary for anyone who is interested in Ruby Ridge / Waco / Oklahoma City Bombing / the white supremacist movement in general:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80169778

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

I need the photoshop of this where the thumb and the head are swapped

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

You're probably thinking of Pine RIdge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Ridge_Indian_Reservation

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Chilichimp posted:

My dad got some tape of a documentary film that I remember being sort of like an CSB video. I was like 10 years old and he made all of us watch that poo poo.

Even today all I can sum it up as was "unhinged".

I was 7 when Waco happened and looking back it's my first political memory. Coverage of it was on more than cartoons. Also no one had cable back then. The main sources of news were newspapers and local TV news. There wasn't this constant barrage of news 24/7.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Timothy MacVeigh blew up that bomb because of Waco too, it had a big impact on the country

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

skylined! posted:

what the gently caress is this even

Two crazy people having a public feud.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Spaced God posted:

i can only see Dean Norris

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Is there a reason why RR/Waco/OKC Bombing are all being discussed so much recently? Or is it confirmation bias on my part?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

Is there a reason why RR/Waco/OKC Bombing are all being discussed so much recently? Or is it confirmation bias on my part?

RAHOWA's a-comin, brother

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

That doesn't lead you to expect an increase when everyone else shows a mild decline, though. I'm seriously wondering if they silently changed their polling method.

-Short-term increases and decreases are often within the margin of error. I believe that Rasmussen has a rolling panel, so short-term losses/gains can be sampling error.

-"Likely voter" polling weights invested Republican voters higher than their weight in the general adult population. If support increases in the hard core base, but decreases everywhere else, you'd potentially see an increase in a "likely voter" poll while "general population" polls would show a decrease.

- But really, Rasmussen's methods are probably poo poo. They use landline polling and misrepresent Likely Voter results as representative of the feelings of the general population. I say "probably", because they supplement their landline polling with a "diverse online panel," but have never released any methodological details of said panel.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/867808457201774592

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Meme Emulator posted:

Timothy MacVeigh blew up that bomb because of Waco too, it had a big impact on the country

I highly recommend this documentary about Ruby Ridge, Waco, and MacVeigh: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333090/

It's on Netflix

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmao

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Captain Invictus posted:

Budd and Christine most likely contributed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol I love the repeated "two fast kayakers" gag

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Somebody tried to blow up the former Greek premier with a car bomb which might have mattered at some point but not in these turbulent times.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

RAHOWA's a-comin, brother

Yeah, the Waco and Ruby Ridge stuff remain important with militia types. And until something resembling them happen again those two are gonna stay fresh. Distorted as all hell but hey, what cultural myth bullshit isn't.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I need the photoshop of this where the thumb and the head are swapped

That's not what we're already seeing?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Zil posted:

Budd and Christine most likely contributed.

Plus Janet Jackson's nipple for all the Maude Flanders' out there

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

That's not what we're already seeing?

It's possible we're seeing a thumbcreature reproducing itself asexually

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

Haha, no, the Conservatives have always been anti-immigration, it's just become more overt since they're fighting for UKIP (even further right) votes. Blair and Clinton are a decent comparison, though his star has fallen significantly since he left office.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant to contrast US Conservatives with UK Conservatives with regards to immigration. US Conservatives were all for it because of stuff like outsourcing and cheap labor. It favored Big Business and that was all they cared about. Neocons, anyway. I recall reading old time "Paleocons" here hated immigrants.

I guess UK Conservatives are more consistent on being against immigrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I believe Donald Trump's electoral victory and the amount of Waco/RR/OKC Bombing documentaries being highlighted in the past month are not a coincidence

• Locked thread