Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I can meet you on the first point, on the second point I'd rather just shitpost on the internet and eat Jacobs Cheddar Biscuits and Maoam Pinballs

You are aware that the far right also wants you dead, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Namtab posted:

The fact that irl he was right and the troubles only ended when the ira and the gov't sat down and had a chat

I am being countered with that he did nothing for the peace process, historical revisionism only makes it seem so, and that he was against the Anglo Irish agreement and the Good Friday agreement

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
if there's one thing these terrorists hate, it's dying for their cause

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

That change in favourability is insane. Just prior to the attack Labour were more popular that the Tories and Corbyn was within spitting distance of May.

He's even strongly gaining ground on 'best Prime Minister'. I mean I knew he was a good campaigner but God drat.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

What did he do?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

xtothez posted:

Introduce death penalty... to stop suicide bombers? Is this a parody poll or a parody of a country?

A ukip candidate literally proposed death penalty for suicide bombers

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

The idea that the death penalty is going to stop terrorism.
If you fail to detonate, well kill u

willie_dee posted:

I am being countered with that he did nothing for the peace process, historical revisionism only makes it seem so, and that he was against the Anglo Irish agreement and the Good Friday agreement

Your mates an idiot.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

What did he do?

Last time I checked, autism was still a disability and the fash don't look kindly on the disabled.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Theresa May cut 19,000 police" is big, simple and easy to understand. Especially after an attack that didn't get prevented because a man reported by his own family and friends five time managed to slip through the cracks. Especially when May has staked her entire claim on the phrase "Strong and Stable".

Eventually your gently caress ups are too big and obvious to be hidden.

It's just bizarre because nothing else before did it and I didn't think that people were paying attention to the police line.

Regarde Aduck posted:

What did he do?

satirist

jabby posted:

That change in favourability is insane. Just prior to the attack Labour were more popular that the Tories and Corbyn was within spitting distance of May.

He's even strongly gaining ground on 'best Prime Minister'. I mean I knew he was a good campaigner but God drat.

The tory campaign's also been shite. I've been told they've got something like 15% contact here.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Namtab posted:

I think I can infiltrate their ranks if I talk about interracial cuckoldry and the juice having control over the world's banks enough

Do you want me dead Namtab?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Namtab posted:

Last time I checked, autism was still a disability and the fash don't look kindly on the disabled.

Action T4 sounds like a rad jet plane btw

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think I can infiltrate their ranks if I talk about interracial cuckoldry and the juice having control over the world's banks enough

Do you want me dead Namtab?

I'm not the fash, so no. What a stupid question.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

xtothez posted:

Introduce death penalty... to stop suicide bombers? Is this a parody poll or a parody of a country?

It'll be like that time they dug up a dead Pope and put his corpse on trial (turns out the corpse was guilty).

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

spectralent posted:

The tory campaign's also been shite. I've been told they've got something like 15% contact here.

What does 15% contact mean in this context?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Action T4 sounds like a rad jet plane btw

Actually, gently caress off.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Firos posted:

What does 15% contact mean in this context?

The amount of people they've canvassed who gave some sort of answer since campaigning began. They're not actually hitting the streets or phoning people, basically, or aren't doing it in numbers.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Namtab posted:

Your mates an idiot.

Completely agree, but I don't know enough to demonstrate this to him quickly, and I am fed up of writing essays or talking for hours, I want to be able to shut people up quickly.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

spectralent posted:

The amount of people they've canvassed who gave some sort of answer since campaigning began. They're not actually hitting the streets or phoning people, basically, or aren't doing it in numbers.

In that case, lmao.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Just for once, I'm gonna empty quote this. Fuckin' A.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What a loving wanker

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/867856779899809794

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Firos posted:

In that case, lmao.

Right? It's a totally different story from the locals, too, where they were taking it way more seriously. Even the loving candidate I got seconded to gave up on canvassing.

willie_dee posted:

Completely agree, but I don't know enough to demonstrate this to him quickly, and I am fed up of writing essays or talking for hours, I want to be able to shut people up quickly.

He's just straight wrong on that though.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Which ironically is also the position the mail took today.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

willie_dee posted:

If only there were someone here good at debate or discussion

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Namtab posted:

Actually, gently caress off.

;_;

Well it does Namtab IT DOES SOUND LIKE A RAD JETPLANE

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Thought the Tory response to Corbyn pointing out this is a right wing gently caress up would be to talk about how gauche it is to talk about it so close to the incident. Like when the NRA talk about how just after a school shooting is too soon to talk about gun control.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Imagine if the Labour right hadn't spent the last two years briefing the press with negative stories about Corbyn and tried to do a coup.

Had they not done so, May wouldn't have risked a snap election.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nick Robinson is tweeting from 2015

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/867858069388234752

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Yeah, Corbyn sure is a right bastard for bringing up Tory fuckups during a General Election campaign.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Most of the thread is saying "And tomorrow he will be right", at least.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, Corbyn sure is a right bastard for bringing up Tory fuckups during a General Election campaign.

I mean I'm very clearly referring to Nick Robinson?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It took me a moment, but I thought his profile picture said I <3 My Chemical Romance.

Also he's a loving prick, Jesus he couldn't have his tongue further up the Torys' arse could he.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Nick Robinson's always been unashamedly tory. His contempt for Labour's been evident throughout his tenure as political editor; he's profoundly unfit for the position.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Doesn't campaigning restart tomorrow? Does he expect them just to never criticise the Tories ever from now on?

edit: I mean I know the answer is "Its Nick Robinson so yes" but its ridiculous even for him.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/867850043470041088

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

^^^^Holy poo poo. Okay calm down. It was probably a high point and there'll be attrition against Labour unless they really get things rolling. This is a election for Labour to win at this point but they've got to get things right immediately.

willie_dee posted:

He was an opposition member of parliament, there were limits to what he could do in the actual peace process and he did them: meeting the Irish dissidents independently, agreeing with their desires for a united Ireland and urging them that peaceful negotiation was the way to go.

He did vote against the agreement and I guess it's fair enough to say maybe that was the wrong call when we see how things ended but so what? When the offer of peace was there on the table with NI remaining part of the UK he happily agreed with it; peace was his priority in the end.

Like the discussion the thread had last week; it's completely reasonable that someone on the other side might still value peace over their overall objective and Jeremy Corbyn really, really seems to be that sort of person.

namesake fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 25, 2017

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://videopress.com/v/Sv99BWxg

If Corbyn had said this it'd be played morning noon and night on every news channel.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

I mean I'm very clearly referring to Nick Robinson?

Yeah, I know. I was making fun of him, not you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, I know. I was making fun of him, not you.

I apologise

• Locked thread