Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Umpires 11.15 (81) def Port Adelaide 11.13 (79)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Whatched the Dixon moment. Should the 30seconds not count from when the player has the actual ability to play on? Kind of hosed if you take 20 seconds to get untangled from other players.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Nutsngum posted:

Whatched the Dixon moment. Should the 30seconds not count from when the player has the actual ability to play on? Kind of hosed if you take 20 seconds to get untangled from other players.

didn't he take like 5+seconds to stand up? if the clock started when they "get untangled" they'd just be intentionally tanglng themselves for minutes to run down game time

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The 30 second rule was probably the "rule of the week" and we'll see it another 10 times in the next three days

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

racing identity posted:

The 30 second rule was probably the "rule of the week" and we'll see it another 10 times in the next three days

It's a good thing Melbourne are too poo poo to be in a position to lose a game from it or I'd be hosed

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The 30 second countdown clock is controlled by the stadium operator, not the AFL. Lol.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

We lost and I'm salty but hosed if I know how anyone umpires this game? :iiam:

One mans holding the man is another mans play on, one mans holding the ball is one mans incorrect disposal, one mans ducking is one mans too high. hosed if I know?? :confused: :confused: :confused: The amount of holding that goes on from defenders that is no longer called baffles me as well. Every marking contest the forwards can barely move but only like 1 in 10 gets called.

Such a weird game at the moment.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cloud the Cat posted:

We lost and I'm salty but hosed if I know how anyone umpires this game? :iiam:

One mans holding the man is another mans play on, one mans holding the ball is one mans incorrect disposal, one mans ducking is one mans too high. hosed if I know?? :confused: :confused: :confused: The amount of holding that goes on from defenders that is no longer called baffles me as well. Every marking contest the forwards can barely move but only like 1 in 10 gets called.

Such a weird game at the moment.

It really doesn't help when it seems like certain players just have a different set of rules to everybody else. Dangerfield & Selwood in particular seem to get away with murder since Selwood is always ducking while Dangerfield drops the ball in tackles all the time or just plain gets an eternity to get rid of the ball in a tackle before they call holding.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Cats got the rub of the green for sure but I was at the game and the countdown clock on the scoreboard got down to zero which prompted the play on call. It wasn't the umpire's count. Dixon needed more awareness.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The countdown clock hit 0, the crowd screamed for it, he got a few more seconds, STILL hadn't run up, and then got called.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I mean the fixation on that one issue ignores the 'protected zone' moss, Robbie Gray being worn like thermals and Selwood getting closer to the ground than a Cossack for pulling frees.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
News 24 sports reporters are utter trash

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBbvYSaZ1vU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

This is the good poo poo.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Gocsy should be Saints captain/coach.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

boy undead posted:

Gocsy should be Saints captain/coach.

I can't believe Gocsy has been playing for the Saints this whole time:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
FOOTEE

src: http://probertson.tumblr.com/post/161080477914/australian-pokedex-1-29

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Adelaide couldn't arrange a trade for Kellie Gibson, so she's a free agent and basically going home to Fremantle for nothing.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Seems that way.

The AFL are terrible at announcing things regarding the end of the AFLW trade. You'd think they would post all the trades and re-signings that were submitted and approved now that the period is over.
But nope, it is upto reporters to try to do all that and they've all knocked off now because it is Friday evening. This is probably the best summery, although it is still missing some things such as Gibson being "delisted" and Carlton haven't posted any delistings or their full list of re-signed players yet: http://girlsplayfooty.com/2017/05/aflw-trade-period-summary-grades-and-re-signeddelisted-players.html

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

as a direct result of this i have learned that paul robertson is australian. i had always thought he was english, for some reason

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Margaret oval office 🔥🔥🔥

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Should just rename it the Tina Arena Tennis Arena.

Sure, her concerts are held nextdoor at Rod Laver Arena but we can't rename that can we.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

im always amazed how many self proclaimed christians fail the "don't judge others" part of christianity

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

We gonna get smashed but anyway.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

... unless we're having one of those games where Sydney plays like garbage as well.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

drunkill posted:

The AFL are terrible at announcing things regarding the end of the AFLW trade.
Okay fine, they finally posted the team lists for 2018 (minus rookies) for each club in the league. Took them two hours though...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-26/aflw-all-the-clubs-full-lists-after-trade-period

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Go Hawks! Play all 4 qtrs please and thank you.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Swanbad the sailor

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Margaret oval office 🔥🔥🔥

https://twitter.com/Greyhound_Oz/status/867874694745120768

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I'll take that start but I reckon it'll only take Buddy going nucking futs for a quarter to sink us. He's already got his eye in too.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

As far as Margaret Court goes, thank gently caress someone else came along for Albury to name poo poo after.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Burgoyne in the famous number 67. Oh so is buddy, I forgot they were doing that momentarily

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jeez that Franklin guy can kick the ball

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I love watching Rohan play he fucks up in the most entertaining ways

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

I love watching Rohan play he fucks up in the most entertaining ways

I love watching buddy play he fucks people up in the most entertaining ways

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Silk! No 67 dominating this game.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

realbez posted:

Silk! No 67 dominating this game.

to be honest you just feel like it's telling, don't you?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

How the hell did we outscore Sydney in that quarter?

And who the gently caress is this Cousins guy?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

strap on revenge posted:

to be honest you just feel like it's telling, don't you?

we know that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here we go again.

• Locked thread