Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

to be honest, there's less moral reason to beat up 4chan types but it makes me happier

it's also easier and safer than beating up militia types etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

*looks down at skull ring*

Oh this? This is just a harmless symbol of national pride. The skull has long been a light hearted symbol of pride. Whats that? Oh no, I lost my ability to think critically for two seconds in a tragic childhood accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

You'd think Poland wouldn't be so fond of nazis

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

im not serious about "libertarian fascism" guys im just playing around with ideas :thunk:

as a black nerd I can tell you we tend to think we're smarter than other black people (the infamous Chris Rock stand up). some move past this lovely phase and others (like That Guy T and just any black conservative in general) don't.

it's like this weird elitism and classism

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Race Realists posted:

as a black nerd I can tell you we tend to think we're smarter than other black people (the infamous Chris Rock stand up). some move past this lovely phase and others (like That Guy T and just any black conservative in general) don't.

Dude I knew in college thinks I'm selling my autonomy to white leftists and that only unfettered capitalism will lead to black liberation. Also said Milo was pretty funny. He spends all his time debating on left v. right Facebook groups. It's bad times :(

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

apokaladle posted:

Dude I knew in college thinks I'm selling my autonomy to white leftists and that only unfettered capitalism will lead to black liberation. Also said Milo was pretty funny. He spends all his time debating on left v. right Facebook groups. It's bad times :(

somehow the worst part of this to me is spending time on facebook groups debating things.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

apokaladle posted:

Dude I knew in college thinks I'm selling my autonomy to white leftists and that only unfettered capitalism will lead to black liberation.

"Liberals/Democrats are the REEEEL racists so they should vote republican :downs:" is by far the worst thing to have ever come out of the Bush era

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

somehow the worst part of this to me is spending time on facebook groups debating things.

Frank, you make an excellent point, however i find Rebecca's badly JPEG artifacted Minions meme to be fairly persuasive as well

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

You'd think Poland wouldn't be so fond of nazis

Why?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poland was like #1 big time SS boys

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

I unironically agree, it's leaked from there into how he interacts with people who he knows irl. Mutual friends have asked after his mental well being.

There are a lot of ways we've handled the rise of the Internet poorly.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

"Are we the baddies?"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

they thought they were the bull lol

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

cumshitter posted:

that feed is up to like 609k

im not watching it though milo is boring as gently caress

i honestly dont get the appeal of milo every time ive heard him speak it comes off as the laziest surface level arguments like the guy just gogoled some articles the night before

americans will believe anything is smart and clever if said in an english accent

this is why piers morgan and louise mensch still have careers over here after being run out of england, and why sargon has a career at all

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Race Realists posted:

I think I'm smarter than other white people, so I can relate.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

What's up with Eastern Europe and Nazi worship

Natural fashy tendencies plus backlash against 45 years of communist domination followed up by 27 years of a failed neoliberal system that has created vast wealth for the very few, a small middle class and a majority underclass that's resentful and bitter about either having to emigrate or live in poverty. There are literally 0 MPs in our Sejm atm who are from left wing parties. The left has been completely wiped out, its now a range from center right to howling fascist right.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Pale Horse posted:

The left has been completely wiped out, its now a range from center right to howling fascist right.

but enough about the USA

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
:lol: at footage from that Milo thing. Pretty much:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Oh hey they got the bike lock guy, wtf 4chan being able to do things like this.

The USG should set up a organization to poach the best 4chan agents to form a new trolling/information war Dept.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/867829019999444992

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Big if true

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

MizPiz posted:

Big if true

It may as well be.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUf2IFNg1sF/

Rise Against makin racists mad

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Louise and Milo used to be buds when they were both London based journalist doing shitloads of drugs. I think they had a big falling out at some point though. Milo is probably just doing his usual poo poo stirring, but "might as well be" true is pretty much it.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

:lol: at footage from that Milo thing. Pretty much:

dont' dox DSA meetings

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

He has 609k subs, only about 10k watching.

And yeah Milo is brutal.
this is why i support letting milo speak. he's a disaster.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this is why i support letting milo speak. he's a disaster.

Letting bad ideologies air out how bad they are is usually the best way to deal with them. Suppressing them only gives them the allure of forbidden knowledge and leaves room to create fantasies about how good the speech *would* have been.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Not a Step posted:

Letting bad ideologies air out how bad they are is usually the best way to deal with them. Suppressing them only gives them the allure of forbidden knowledge and leaves room to create fantasies about how good the speech *would* have been.

Counterpoint: Fox News

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Im confused now, at what point is it good as they advocate for various genocides and bigotries or whatever is it ok to punch them, preferentially in the ear?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

Im confused now, at what point is it good as they advocate for various genocides and bigotries or whatever is it ok to punch them, preferentially in the ear?

It is always good to punch people in the street. For everyone. At all times. Just punch someone standing next to you, they probably believe at least one awful thing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Not a Step posted:

It is always good to punch people in the street. For everyone. At all times. Just punch someone standing next to you, they probably believe at least one awful thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_KD2craJ0

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Not a Step posted:

no way friend, they arent advocating it aggressively to a potentially sympathetic or interested audience. I went to anger management school and everything :smug:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Who is this woman, and why does anyone care about her?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Not a Step posted:

Id rather not have the idea that gay people are a mortal threat to families and children "aired out" again. was pretty miserable the last time and guess what, tons of people still believed it regardless of how self-evidently stupid you thought it was

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

spacetoaster posted:

Who is this woman, and why does anyone care about her?

She's a Tory hack/former MP, who has apparently begun a successful second career as a top Russia conspiracy-monger.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Not a Step posted:

so, how much skin do you have in this game, friend? I wouldn't think you're quite as out of touch if you were closeted, trans, or an illegal immigrant attending whatever school or community Milo plans on literally naming and showing the faces of those people and encouraging their harassment. You'd still be dumb as poo poo, but I'd at least respect you were making dumb bets with your life and livelihood and not others.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
*extremely liberal voice* We should let the marketplace of ideas determine who has basic human rights. If we impose our morality we are truly no different than those who seek to impose the rule 'kill fags and trannies"

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
the marketplace of ideas has resulted in enormous growth in LGBT acceptance and support for LGBT rights over the past two decades.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I dunno, I live in a primarily minority area, say 80% or so "other" I have seen some motherfucking white people do some things recently that, what the gently caress planet did you come from where its ok to behave this way? this wasnt like this before, there was at least a civility to it to where yeah you go be racist in your house but you dont do it publicly, this dynamic seems to have changed in the 7 years that i have lived here. Less respect more offence and just straight up calling people niggers. I had to old school drill sergeant holler at some stupid tatted up 350 pound chick at 7-11 yelling at a west indian lady to get her RED MAN INDIAN GOLD you stupid n-- eh getting myself riled up my apologies.

suffice it to say stupid loving assholes are getting empowered by this poo poo and think its ok.

I'm ok with Talk, Tell, Then loving knock that poo poo the gently caress out.

Its not ok, and sometimes they dont listen the first two times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Coolness Averted posted:

so, how much skin do you have in this game, friend? I wouldn't think you're quite as out of touch if you were closeted, trans, or an illegal immigrant attending whatever school or community Milo plans on literally naming and showing the faces of those people and encouraging their harassment. You'd still be dumb as poo poo, but I'd at least respect you were making dumb bets with your life and livelihood and not others.
i'm gay and grew up in a very socially conservative environment in a southern state where it was technically illegal to be gay

it was fear of coming out, which is a form of speech repression, that was the main thing the right had going for them. once that faded, so did they, because they had no arguments.