Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I just want Slade to make it out. Just have him pop up in the show every now and then to dish out wise advice. Or better yet let him spend a season on the waverider. Bring him back for the crossover next year, get him mixed in with the flash crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Thinking about Manu Bennett reminded me of my favorite thing in this episode: everyone in costume in broad daylight, with their blue and red and green armor, giant grenades strapped to their chests and perfectly organized quivers.

I love that unapologetic comic book look of a show with some confidence. SHIELD does it all the time and Arrow got the hang of it this season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
As far as survivors go, I'd bet on wild dog, Curtis, and Dinah making it out - the show invested too much in building them up this season to toss them out. It's likely Diggle, felicity, Thea, and Lance will survive as well, but if they're going to kill off a major cast member I'd say it would be one of those 4. Slade and William's mother are more expendable, though I'm really really hoping Slade makes it. I think it's likely William's mother doesn't. It would be the easiest option if they wanted to kill someone, and it opens up single dad Oliver hyjinx.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They aren't going to kill off Thea right after they "killed" Merlyn. Plus, if William is going to become a recurring character then they'd definitely want to keep Thea around. She's his aunt, it gives William a direct relationship to another character.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Oliver didn't even tell anyone to get the Argus guard off the island.

Who do you think they are chilling with when the bombs go off?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Someone reminded me, in the prior episode when Oliver catches up to Chase in the helicopter, he tells Oliver, "See you on the boat."

Also Chase killing himself like Oliver's father did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sober posted:

Someone reminded me, in the prior episode when Oliver catches up to Chase in the helicopter, he tells Oliver, "See you on the boat."

It was in the "previously on Arrow" at the beginning of the episode.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

bentacos posted:

Yeah the Prometheus musical cue is great.

I know it's dumb but I hope they find some way to keep Josh Segarra around. Like it turns out Vigilante is his twin brother.

Oh my god this is what it's gonna be, that's why they seemed like rivals.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PeskyGratefulKarakul.webm feels like someone missed a choreography cue, the way he just flips like that. Bound to happen in big scene like this, just a shame it was center-stage.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Bruceski posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PeskyGratefulKarakul.webm feels like someone missed a choreography cue, the way he just flips like that. Bound to happen in big scene like this, just a shame it was center-stage.

Huh, guess Roy was in the finale after all

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I assume Slade lead everyone to a secret bunker or whatever and they are all fine but holy poo poo gently caress you Flash that is how you do a cliffhanger.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Oh my god this is what it's gonna be, that's why they seemed like rivals.

Also in the comics Adrian Chase is one of the Vigilantes, and he has brother(though not a twin) name Dorian Chase who becomes Vigilante. That's what I base my assumption off of.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
So now that all four are done I'm going to rate this year of DCCW shows:

1. Legends of Tomorrow
2. Arrow
3. Supergirl

4. The Flash

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Arrow always works better when it's Mooks and not magic.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Rocksicles posted:

Arrow always works better when it's Mooks and not magic.

Dahrk getting chumped made up for a lot.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bringing Slade was a Masterstroke.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bruceski posted:

It looks like he tripped on the second guy Diggle took out :lol:

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
If you told me at the end of last season that I'd like Arrow S5 more than Jack S5, I'd have call you a moron and possibly a criminal, yet here we are.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Adrian is like a soap opera villain. I say this on the best on terms. These shows really need a balls to the wall downright evil and insane soap opera villain.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Arrow season 6 the search for friendship calling it now.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Jiro posted:

Booooooo! No defeat by dick kick! BOOOOOOOOOOO

Just imagine the arrow hit him slightly higher.

Edit:

"Hey Oliver, Chase has a dead man's switch that will blow the whole island up, so DON'T KILL HIM.
Also, DON'T KNOCK HIM THE gently caress OUT OR INCAPACITATE HIM IN ANY WAY. THAT WOULD BE TOO CONVENIENT AND COULD SAVE US AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL < B O O O O M >"

Not to mention Chase was a weak rear end villain. Shoot the kid, THEN off yourself. Dipshit.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 25, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

mcbexx posted:

Not to mention Chase was a weak rear end villain. Shoot the kid, THEN off yourself. Dipshit.

He wanted Oliver to have a hosed up relationship with his son.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

They aren't going to kill off Thea right after they "killed" Merlyn.

I'm not really sure how you don't conclude he yanked Boomerang onto the mine and then ran for the hills. Y'know, the same way he pushed Thea off and took her place.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah that's clearly setup for a future return if they want one.

They don't even need to explain it. "Malcolm, how did you survive?" "I used to be Ra's Al Ghul".

mcbexx posted:

Just imagine the arrow hit him slightly higher.

Edit:

"Hey Oliver, Chase has a dead man's switch that will blow the whole island up, so DON'T KILL HIM.
Also, DON'T KNOCK HIM THE gently caress OUT OR INCAPACITATE HIM IN ANY WAY. THAT WOULD BE TOO CONVENIENT AND COULD SAVE US AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL < B O O O O M >"

Actually that's not really a mistake. They should have mentioned it in dialogue, but Oliver doesn't know what kind of switch he had and numerous dead man switches would also trigger by knocking someone out.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm not really sure how you don't conclude he yanked Boomerang onto the mine and then ran for the hills. Y'know, the same way he pushed Thea off and took her place.

obviously, but the characters are going to act like he's dead until he comes back.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I imagine Roy did a sick-yet-useless flip out of a plane over the island and parachuted down, landing exactly as the explosives go off.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
That Argus guard is gonna wake up, stagger up out of the bunker and see the island and be all "What the gently caress, man."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

They don't even need to explain it. "Malcolm, how did you survive?" "I used to be Ra's Al Ghul".

I would love it so so much if this is how they handle it. Just do that bit and then never mention it again.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
So I got to catch the finale this afternoon: holy gently caress. That was incredible. There were ninjas, fight scenes, and an unexpected explosive cliff-hanger. And Dolph Lundgren. And Slade. And...

It really contrasted sharply with the snooze-fest that was the Flash season finale where I found myself browsing the web instead of watching because it was so goddamn boring.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
slade motherfucking wilson

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
This season was nothing like season 4. You could say its the reverse.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I guess the price we pay for one great CW show is that one has to suck like crazy when it happens.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
They don't call him the magician for nothing, you know he'll be back chewing scenery.

I would love to see manu in flashbacks from now on. Or in flash forwards or in the present or whatever just add more manu.

Arrow Season 6 - My Name. Is Slade Wilson please

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Slade just mowing down crowds of ninja :swoon:

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i didn't particularly like this season but it has been retroactively redeemed by the presence of Good Guy Slade Wilson

slade is still the best thing this show has ever done, manu bennett is a treasure

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, Chase was such a fantastic villain this season. Who would of thought Arrow could make me like Prometheus.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

This season was nothing like season 4. You could say its the reverse.

THEY'RE IDIOTS!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Elentor posted:

Adrian is like a soap opera villain. I say this on the best on terms. These shows really need a balls to the wall downright evil and insane soap opera villain.

Comic book series need comic book villains. There is a time and a place for more serious and human enemies. That place is not when the heroes are expected to solve it with martial arts and super powers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah that's clearly setup for a future return if they want one.

Not going to happen any time soon as Barrowman has said that he's not showing up on any of the shows next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Aphrodite posted:

Actually that's not really a mistake. They should have mentioned it in dialogue, but Oliver doesn't know what kind of switch he had and numerous dead man switches would also trigger by knocking someone out.

Although in shows like this, it's pretty much always a literal dead man's switch, linked to a heart rate monitor or something similar. Not some button he holds down that he would let go when losing consciousness.

Also, Chase might correctly assume that Oliver would not kill him due to WHAT HE HAS BECOME NOW, but Olli might very well knock him the gently caress out during a brawl - which would have messed with his grand scheme.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 26, 2017

• Locked thread