Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Mitsuhashi

They'll give us the most money and more money = more bote

I would have voted Native Corp but the 50% reduced destruction payment made me turn them down.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Native Corporation This time the Indians genocide the settlers!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
If someone detonated a nuclear weapon in my backyard in the name of frocking radical environmentalism, I'd be pretty annoyed too. Bering Straits Native Corporation . Besides, iirc, "megacorps owned by native Americans" is how Shadowrun kicks off, so you people who want to guide that down a nicer path, there you go.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Mitsuhashi :japan:

I lost the vote on Shadowrun but I can still pretend with a Japanacorp.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
Exocet some Texans? Sounds like a good idea!

Native Corporation

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I voted for the Natives but really all I care about is iceberg losing so we can take out the Nuge.

He'd make a good partner in our trophy room with the Dictator.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Remember folks, a vote for Mitsuhashi is a vote for more bote.

EDIT: Seriously, 50% destructobux was basically the difference between making a profit and a loss in Angola. We can not afford that cut in our income.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 26, 2017

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Mitsuhashi If the natives payment wasn't so low I'd vote for them but money wins in the end. Plus the Natives should be the easier targets, and killing Texan mercs is a nice bonus.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Quinntan posted:

Remember folks, a vote for Mitsuhashi is a vote for more bote.
You don't get to say that word after last round, heretic :colbert:

A vote for the Natives is a vote for shooting down Ted Nugent on live TV, and gently caress Ted Nugent.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'm torn between Mitsuhashi (because more money means more toys with wings [gently caress the Bote Lobby]) because it means we get to bomb Alaska (gently caress Alaska) and the Native Corp because less money (because gently caress the Bote Lobby).

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

A vote for the Natives is a vote for shooting down Ted Nugent on live TV, and gently caress Ted Nugent.

We can shoot down Ted as Mitsuhashi though either option lets you do it as long as we don't go Iceberg.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

Hey now, I want a bote too, I just don't want a bote that'll require constant air cover.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Really we're fighting Ted either way, so Mitsuhashi.

What's up with all the Nugent hate anyway?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I was going to go for Japan, but then people reminded us that the Native Corp would kick off Shadowrun and we'd get to blow up Ted Nugent. So natives it is

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Also the Native Corp destruction bonus payout is cut in half. Without the modifier I would have voted for them but alas.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Mitsuhashi are exactly the kind of people who will yank our chain like the dogs they consider us when we've got Teddy locked up at the end of the theater because they've already got what they want and don't need the PR disaster of killing an American billionaire on international TV.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Natives. I trust Yooper to throw us some additional interesting goodies, even if the money's a bit lighter.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

Mitsuhashi are exactly the kind of people who will yank our chain like the dogs they consider us when we've got Teddy locked up at the end of the theater because they've already got what they want and don't need the PR disaster of killing an American billionaire on international TV.

That's what "radio failures" are for.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

The Native cut in destructobucks is offset by us setting our own goals. Want more bucks? Kill more boats. Do the right thing and go Native.

McGibby
Jan 27, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dreamsicle posted:

Also the Native Corp destruction bonus payout is cut in half. Without the modifier I would have voted for them but alas.

This just means bigger and better things to blow up. Like those huge refinery ships. I bet those blow up good.

vote Native Corp, vote lots of exocets

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
phonepost.

Native.

And see if we can serve as a moderating force that arranges for neutrality between mit and bsnc. Like "gently caress it, gps still works so we stick to x miles off shore, you stick to y."

Ideally we could work out an alliance between Mitsubishi's​ successor and the Berring Straight Corp. Granted this requires the skills of a master diplomat who can get the two to unite against Nugent and against another common for.

God a Kaiju would come in handy for that.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 26, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

If you think we can go into this theater for Iceberg or the Native Corp and not have Mitsuhashi call in the favor we owe them at a very poor time, you are wrong. Or we can work for them and wipe the slate clean anyway, without having to do something to gently caress over our actual employer.

Mitsuhashi.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

BSNC all the way. Especially given its currently the week where Australia pretends to care about our history of slaughtering natives, so-

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Native Corporation This time the Indians genocide the settlers!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Added Space posted:

What's up with all the Nugent hate anyway?

I have a special hatred for chickenhawks. Guys who are all gung-ho about the US being 'badass' and stuff when they poo poo themselves and pretended to be crazy to dodge the draft.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

There will be an opportunity to steal a bote in this theater. It'll be a tough, and the bote might suck, but you guys get two dreams. To steal something. And to get a bote.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Davin Valkri posted:

If someone detonated a nuclear weapon in my backyard in the name of frocking radical environmentalism, I'd be pretty annoyed too. Bering Straits Native Corporation . Besides, iirc, "megacorps owned by native Americans" is how Shadowrun kicks off, so you people who want to guide that down a nicer path, there you go.

You do not recall correctly. Shadowrun kicks off with a terrible Supreme Court decision saying private corporations can hire their own military. None of the ten biggest are controlled by Native Americans (they're owned by American elites, blood magicians, Japanese dudes, and a dragon).
/
:goonsay:

*ahem* Anyway I like the idea of being able to be aggressive as gently caress and not having to overly concern ourselves with protecting big dumb targets so I also vote for Bering Straits Native Corporation.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Natives

Edit: vote has been changed to Mitsuhashi.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 26, 2017

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Olothreutes posted:

If you think we can go into this theater for Iceberg or the Native Corp and not have Mitsuhashi call in the favor we owe them at a very poor time, you are wrong. Or we can work for them and wipe the slate clean anyway, without having to do something to gently caress over our actual employer.

Mitsuhashi.

Uh, that was SMARF (Mitsubishi). Mitsuhashi might hire SMARF/Mitsubishi, but as far as I've understood it they're completely different conglomerates. Yooper?

In any case they don't exactly have much leverage over us. What they have is circumstantial evidence. They might tip off the insurance company, who can go look at the wreck and maybe see that it was bombed. Very little ties us directly to it.

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010
Native Corporation

If we can "borrow" a bunch of their dudes, stealing botes become WAY easier. I don't think Mitsuhasi would be inclined to give us a hand in such things.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Yooper posted:

There will be an opportunity to steal a bote in this theater. It'll be a tough, and the bote might suck, but you guys get two dreams. To steal something. And to get a bote.

See guys, we side with the Japanese, we get money for botes, access possibly to Russian and Japanese botes and chances to steal botes. If you want botes go Mitsuhashi!

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Native.

Because the position of Baddest Motherfucker on the Planet is taken, and we want to be working on his side.

Just don't gently caress with his motorcycle.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Mitsuhashi

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mitsu You guys deserve this punishment. :colbert:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The actual role Natives play in Shadowrun starting is in being some of the first people to figure out ritual magic is a thing and using it to rip the USA a dozen new assholes.

Okay done being a huge nerd about Shadowrun now. Back to planes and botes.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Natives

Say "target rich environment" ten times fast, and you get this theatre.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Mitsuhashi: I'm looking at the tea leaves and I'm guessing the Japanese are going to do what they want with their ships and tell us to make them safe without taking much consideration into how hard or dangerous that is for us. I, the glynnestein who runs an SA-22, doesn't have any moral qualms with working for them and it would be very nice pay. Probably some interesting missions defending against fast boat attacks where a corvette will be fun and practicable and CAP. Tempting.

Iceberg: Both the IRL glynnenstein and the one in the SA-22 have no desire to work for Ted Nugent, but hopefully no matter what we will get lots of Nuge personality in a sort of Dos Santos-meets-/r/FreeState way. The missions it looks like we'd run would be cool, but maybe we'd wish we had some Fencers. (We should always wish for some Fencers.)

NativeCorp: "The pay isn't great but I work my own hours and it's for a good cause." Do what we want without having to shepherd much. This would definitely lead to some wacky fun. Lobbyists can mitigate.. uh, international reaction, and maybe work some backroom deals (heh).

This is a super hard choice for me. I might abstain and watch fate blow us where it will. (To the money. Always to the money.)

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

glynnenstein posted:

Mitsuhashi: I'm looking at the tea leaves and I'm guessing the Japanese are going to do what they want with their ships and tell us to make them safe without taking much consideration into how hard or dangerous that is for us. I, the glynnestein who runs an SA-22, doesn't have any moral qualms with working for them and it would be very nice pay. Probably some interesting missions defending against fast boat attacks where a corvette will be fun and practicable and CAP. Tempting.

Iceberg: Both the IRL glynnenstein and the one in the SA-22 have no desire to work for Ted Nugent, but hopefully no matter what we will get lots of Nuge personality in a sort of Dos Santos-meets-/r/FreeState way. The missions it looks like we'd run would be cool, but maybe we'd wish we had some Fencers. (We should always wish for some Fencers.)

NativeCorp: "The pay isn't great but I work my own hours and it's for a good cause." Do what we want without having to shepherd much. This would definitely lead to some wacky fun. Lobbyists can mitigate.. uh, international reaction, and maybe work some backroom deals (heh).

This is a super hard choice for me. I might abstain and watch fate blow us where it will. (To the money. Always to the money.)

If you're tempted by Mitsuhashi, might as well vote for them, by the looks of things it's going to need a few more votes, even at this early stage.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Anta posted:

Uh, that was SMARF (Mitsubishi). Mitsuhashi might hire SMARF/Mitsubishi, but as far as I've understood it they're completely different conglomerates. Yooper?

In any case they don't exactly have much leverage over us. What they have is circumstantial evidence. They might tip off the insurance company, who can go look at the wreck and maybe see that it was bombed. Very little ties us directly to it.

Correct. These are not the same corporations.

But... because the way Japanese corporations ended up congolmeratizing post WW2 up until the 1990's (did I just make up that word?) Mitsuhashi and Mitsubishi likely own shares in each other. Expect shenanigans.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Quinntan posted:

If you're tempted by Mitsuhashi, might as well vote for them, by the looks of things it's going to need a few more votes, even at this early stage.

That's not how being on the fence works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Bering Straits Native Corporation

Time to take back at least a small part of America :getin: