Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/867550252852695040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

The_Doctor posted:

You know what it's like when you're in a hurry in the morning. You just grab clothes off the floor that fit. Yours, his, it's all good.

But yeah, he's literally wearing Poe's shirt as well as his jacket.

https://twitter.com/osccarisaac/status/866968440002682880
Space bros share clothes all the time. It's totally normal.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Reddit threw out the idea of Double Jeopardy. My guess is Don Juan.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Ingmar terdman posted:

Reddit threw out the idea of Double Jeopardy. My guess is Don Juan.

Good to hear they're canonizing this guy.

Pops Mgee posted:

Space bros share clothes all the time. It's totally normal.

At first out of respect for Han, Lando asked if he could just borrow some of Chewbacca's, leading him to have one of those moments where you know you just said something incredibly stupid, and time seems to freeze while you try to decide whether there's any way you can play it off as a joke or not.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 25, 2017

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Darth Jokename

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's Ezra and he named himself Darth Jarrus after his master, Kanan.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

I don't get this gray in between Jedi ordeal.

A Jedi is a Jedi. You can't say it's only 'half'.

In the now blown up canon that sucked Sith were both an etnic group and a force path. So you could easily be an ethnically Sith Jedi.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Barudak posted:

In the now blown up canon that sucked Sith were both an etnic group and a force path. So you could easily be an ethnically Sith Jedi.

I thought the old Sith backstory was cool. How they started off as a splinter group of Jedi dissidents who were exiled to deep space, conquered a race of aliens called the Sith, became their god-kings, and then returned centuries later to the larger galaxy having merged culturally with them. Not everything in the old canon sucked.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Double post

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Dartha the Jutt

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Hey everyone, you can all be at ease now. They've given a backstory for the space dice in the Millennium Falcon, so we no longer have to wonder why those exist.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Beeez posted:

Hey everyone, you can all be at ease now. They've given a backstory for the space dice in the Millennium Falcon, so we no longer have to wonder why those exist.

Are they a gift from a grey Jedi or a bounty hunter?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

They're from a slightly bigger clone of Luke.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Even better: A gray Jedi who's also a bounty hunter. Who's also a scantily clad Twi'lek.

Wielding a double-bladed lightsaber.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Cnut the Great posted:

Wielding a double-bladed lightsaber.

It's not the typical double-bladed lightsaber, though. This is a special one that has both blades on the same end. It's called the force fork.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Guy A. Person posted:

They're from a slightly bigger clone of Luke.

Seems wild to assume the bigger one is the clone when we have no proof???????????

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Neo Rasa posted:

Seems wild to assume the bigger one is the clone when we have no proof???????????

The Kaminoans were told that the clone would have "big shoes to fill" and they took it literally.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Sometimes the EU sounds so insane that it should be good. It's not though

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

UmOk posted:

Sometimes the EU sounds so insane that it should be good. It's not though

The EU is actually very good as long as you don't read the actual literature. Those reference books that go to absurdly creative lengths to tie everything together in a semi-coherent way are amazing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I can't really hate the EU because it's my childhood.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
On today, the 40th anniversary of Star Wars, the original trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_1T4ilm8M

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

New viewing order:
Episode I
Episode III
Rogue One
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VII

Yeah I think that's the best.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

You're missing two of the eight best Star Wars movies that way.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Jumping right from V to VII seems like it would be jarring.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I'm just trying to keep star wars fresh.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
VII basically ignores VI other than Vader dying. Seriously, think about it.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

TFA is a fun enough movie but it feels so tacked on. It's obvious that RotJ was intended to be the end of everyone's story. TFA is like "um... and then THIS HAPPENED!"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gonz posted:

On today, the 40th anniversary of Star Wars, the original trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_1T4ilm8M

The best part of this trailer is the fact that they don't show anything from the climax at all.

Yaws posted:

TFA is a fun enough movie but it feels so tacked on. It's obvious that RotJ was intended to be the end of everyone's story. TFA is like "um... and then THIS HAPPENED!"

The worst part is that it makes the OT entirely pointless, it even makes Luke out to be this selfish dickhead. "Uhhh... so after the Empire gets wiped out, they uh, this fringe remnant group, somehow... they make an even bigger, and dumber Death Star, with an even bigger and dumber Star Destroyer! And they're lead by an even bigger and dumber Emperor! Also the Republic doesn't exist any more but this isn't really explained until someone tweets it over a year later so our heroes never actually accomplished anything in the Original Trilogy."

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

The best part of this trailer is the fact that they don't show anything from the climax at all.

The worst part is that it makes the OT entirely pointless, it even makes Luke out to be this selfish dickhead. "Uhhh... so after the Empire gets wiped out, they uh, this fringe remnant group, somehow... they make an even bigger, and dumber Death Star, with an even bigger and dumber Star Destroyer! And they're lead by an even bigger and dumber Emperor! Also the Republic doesn't exist any more but this isn't really explained until someone tweets it over a year later so our heroes never actually accomplished anything in the Original Trilogy."

Yeah, TFA is the first Star Wars movie with a plot that was genuinely bewildering. Not because it's complicated or dense, it's just told poorly and they made a bizarre decision to withhold information.

It's still fun in a "summer blockbuster" sorta way.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
My new watch order:

VI
VII
II
Guardians of the galaxy episode 1
I
II (trust me)
III
The Search for Spork
Guardians of the Galaxy episode 2
IV
Rouge Juan
V (Save the worst for last)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
you forgot Eragon and Toy Story 2 dude, those are integral parts of the star wars canon

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

UmOk posted:

V (Save the worst for last)

What a contrarian! Get a load of this guy! Can you believe it?!?!

FUUCCCKKK!

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Yaws posted:

What a contrarian! Get a load of this guy! Can you believe it?!?!

FUUCCCKKK!

What are you on about? V is objectively the worst Star Warts. Bad acting, bad directing, bad cinematography, and terrible special effects.

Edit: I wouldn't have posted my list if I knew it would hurt you're feelings. I want to apologize for being so insensitive.

UmOk fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 26, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

UmOk posted:

The Search for Spork

Checks kitchen

Captain Kirk: I found it!

Rolls credits

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only acceptable watch order:

A New Hope Despecialized Edition
The Empire Strikes Back Despecialized Edition
Return of the Jedi Despecialized Edition
Star Wars Rogue Squadron Rogue Leader
Star Wars Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy Movie Duels 2 mod
X3: Albion Prelude Star Wars Mod

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

A true fan.

Another good order is:
Star Wars Radio Dramatization

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Taintrunner posted:

I appreciate you. :v:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

UmOk posted:

What are you on about? V is objectively the worst Star Warts. Bad acting, bad directing, bad cinematography, and terrible special effects.

Edit: I wouldn't have posted my list if I knew it would hurt you're feelings. I want to apologize for being so insensitive.

You got justifiably called out for your objectively wrong opinion and instead of apologizing like an adult you double down.

You sicken me.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Taintrunner posted:

26 oz vodka
2 tabs LSD
Star Wars Trilogy: The Original Soundtrack Anthology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Yaws posted:

You got justifiably called out for your objectively wrong opinion and instead of apologizing like an adult you double down.

You sicken me.

I literally apologized. And not the goon hyperbole "literally", but the actual dictionary literally. I am sincerely sorry that you are so sensitive. Please don't "call me out" on my totally serious Stark Wars viewing order.

• Locked thread