Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I honestly have no issue with a one,two, or three hits and you're dead damage model but I'm probably in the minority there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
What I'm talking about is very clearly a bug or extreme lag, not the damage model itself. When it works, I'm fine with it, but I've also been seeing the reverse, people taking multiple rounds from multiple people in squads and not going down. Probably just the NA servers but still incredibly frustrating.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Orv posted:

What I'm talking about is very clearly a bug or extreme lag, not the damage model itself. When it works, I'm fine with it, but I've also been seeing the reverse, people taking multiple rounds from multiple people in squads and not going down. Probably just the NA servers but still incredibly frustrating.

Have you seen the picture with damage falloff for legs vs torso vs head and then the picture with the damage reduction because of armor? Also bloodsplatter is client side and not necessarily indicative of hits. Record your games with obs or something and then go back and see what was actually going on, it'll make you a much better player.

Skoll posted:

I honestly have no issue with a one,two, or three hits and you're dead damage model but I'm probably in the minority there.

I'm fine with that and fine with if you find rare lvl 3 armor/helmet it taking 5-6

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Have you seen the picture with damage falloff for legs vs torso vs head and then the picture with the damage reduction because of armor?

I would like to see this.

Also I'm bad at this game but I'm laughing at people posting videos of guys missing with half the pellets from a 12 gauge and going "WOW LOOK HOW MUCH THEY NERFED SHOTGUNS THIS IS BULLSHIT"

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Is it just me or do doors seem buggy now. Multiple times ill go in a door and it appears closed.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Not quite a chicken dinner (I didn't play agressively enough in the final 4 and was to weary of one camper to expose myself to other angles. foolish) but definitely my best game so far. I don't think I ever had more than 6 kills before and in this one I pretty much one every duel I got into.

I know this might be placebo but I feel like the aiming fix really made it about a hundred time easier to hit moving targets and to generally take quick aim and have it hit were you expect.

I think the Scar-L is my favorite weapon in the game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I know this might be placebo but I feel like the aiming fix really made it about a hundred time easier to hit moving targets and to generally take quick aim and have it hit were you expect.

I would probably err on the side of it not being placebo. The point of impact was so far off in the video they posted about that issue. Especially if you try to aim at the upper chest with your first shot and try to let the recoil take you up to the head, your second round was gonna be way too high.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The game seems to be real, real jittery all of a sudden? If I'm running at a sprint it feels like I'll rubberband around once a second.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bushiz posted:

The game seems to be real, real jittery all of a sudden? If I'm running at a sprint it feels like I'll rubberband around once a second.

I think it's probably expected, new patches probably mean more people and more load on the server.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah my brother and I played some Duos on NA and AS servers, and as time went on both got really, really laggy. Probably just a scaling issue as lots of people are playing right now due to the patch.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Here's me getting the poo poo scared out of. I'd feel bad but I'm more embarrassed for the guy who couldn't even kill me while I was freaking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFlaMla0Ugw

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Anyone know of any ramps I can get sick air off of? The only really good place I know about is just north west of mansion. Trying to find something bigger so I can land a double back flip.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Aren't there for-real ramps on the bridge to the southern island? Bet you could do double off those if you don't mind landing in the water.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Anyone know of any ramps I can get sick air off of? The only really good place I know about is just north west of mansion. Trying to find something bigger so I can land a double back flip.

The big hill with the water tower in Rozhok, the west end of that should give you some pretty sick air and plenty of time because of the topography on the other side.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Lugaloco posted:

Here's me getting the poo poo scared out of. I'd feel bad but I'm more embarrassed for the guy who couldn't even kill me while I was freaking out.

I've been both people in this video. Being the shooter and loving up a surprise attack and it getting turned on you sucks so hard.

Gotta git gud.

Added: Even worse, the last couple of times I've had the drop so well my opponent was motionless and still had time to move into cover and eventually kill me.

:negative:

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 25, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
You can't go through those windows where you drop to the ledge in the apartments any more.

I didn't pay attention to my FPS - didn't seem to be remarkably improved.

I bet this guy wasn't happy: https://streamable.com/v6k6q

Have a feeling he wasn't in front of me on his screen either.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

wtfmoses posted:

I think the worst thing about this video is watching you try to aim.

You're taking the piss, right? His aim was poo poo, but it's clear to anyone watching that he got majorly hosed by that god awful lag. The guy he was shooting at stood stock still to pick up a pistol, but by the time his bullets actually left the shotgun, the dude had moved. He would have won that engagement if his gun didn't shoot 2 seconds after he clicked.

Unrelated: I'm a better player than my friends, and can typically go toe-to-toe with enemies and come out on top. Whereas they'll get the jump on an enemy and more often than not end up dying cause their aim isn't good. I feel bad cause I can tell they're getting fed up with the game. It's no fun when you spend 15 minutes getting sweet loot, but die 3 seconds into your first engagement. A lot of their deaths are also due to the fact I know the best way to stay alive is to be aggressive. If I hear enemies behind us, instead of pushing on and trying to skirt a fight (which is what they want to do), I'll see if I can loop back round and get a jump on them, cause I'm tired of being passive all the time and getting jumped by enemies we left alone to begin with when we had the chance to hunt down. Hunting them down, I know they won't come up and gently caress our asses when we're fighting someone from another direction, and I get to choose the terms of our fight. But this usually ends up with my teammates getting assblasted cause they're not good at fighting, whilst I'm wiping out the entire team by myself (granted it's probably because my teammates get used as bait).

Qubee fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 25, 2017

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna be streaming the update in a few minutes. I got to try out the VSS and I wanna talk about it.

Also MOTORBIKE :murder:

https://www.twitch.tv/agoat

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Agoat posted:

Gonna be streaming the update in a few minutes. I got to try out the VSS and I wanna talk about it.

Also MOTORBIKE :murder:

https://www.twitch.tv/agoat

clicked this and you looted a VSS from a dead guy two seconds later, that's hilarious

e- and then you died to a circle fucker, haha

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 25, 2017

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
gently caress i was so close here

https://gyazo.com/a939243eaba820f8628b459d2461b692

i chose to try and reposition and got sniped

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yodzilla posted:

I think I'm good on this game for a while. Tried out the new patch and the lag on reloading and just firing my goddamn gun was loving awful. Look at this crap: https://streamable.com/r0sgp

Multiple seconds go by between the reload animation finishing and the HUD updating that I can actually shoot and then a few times I pull the trigger and nothing happens. AND I guess the S686 is a two hit kill now. Ugh.

Are you running on full ultra settings there, or are you doing the mutilated launch options with -sm4 and lowered in game settings? Lag issues aside, that's a nice framerate for how good the graphics look. Hoping the performance increases are that good for me!

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Lugaloco posted:

Awww, I got 2nd at that house once...the memories...

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

clicked this and you looted a VSS from a dead guy two seconds later, that's hilarious

e- and then you died to a circle fucker, haha

I was sooooo mad.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like some streamer figured out that you can climb the bridge:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Video Nasty posted:

RE: updates to shotgun damage:

I thought this shotgun hit landed on their face, but it still took a second one to actually kill them.
http://plays.tv/video/59271282b9334ad58c/one-on-the-rooftop-because-i-play-poorly

e: they had a helmet and police vest lvl 1; so that does actually add up correctly.

You put a hole in the door which means you didn't hit with all the pellets.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
something is weird with damage in the patch because I just got 1shot by an SKS with a l2 helmet

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That type of thing is usually related to server lag.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
So today Microsoft rebranded their streaming service Beam as Mixer, and with it showed off the new killer feature they made for it called Co-Streaming. I've been checking it out and it looks pretty sweet!
Co-streaming lets you put 2-4 peoples streams on the same page at the same time, which would be really neat for squad streaming.
This guy has been costreaming some today, just a minute ago he had 4 streams on at once: https://mixer.com/MAGNETRON

Another neat thing that the Mixer team has done is forked OBS to include a new streaming protocol called FTL that allows for very high quality, low CPU utilization sub-second streaming. So if all 4 people who were streaming were using FTL the view would be live.
This seems like it has the possibility of extracting many tears.

Here is the link to the OBS-FTL project, the mixer website seems to point towards a new release coming soon. https://github.com/mixer/obs-studio-ftl/releases

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

rage-saq posted:

So today Microsoft rebranded their streaming service Beam as Mixer, and with it showed off the new killer feature they made for it called Co-Streaming. I've been checking it out and it looks pretty sweet!
Co-streaming lets you put 2-4 peoples streams on the same page at the same time, which would be really neat for squad streaming.
This guy has been costreaming some today, just a minute ago he had 4 streams on at once: https://mixer.com/MAGNETRON

Another neat thing that the Mixer team has done is forked OBS to include a new streaming protocol called FTL that allows for very high quality, low CPU utilization sub-second streaming. So if all 4 people who were streaming were using FTL the view would be live.

Here is the link to the OBS-FTL project, the mixer website seems to point towards a new release coming soon. https://github.com/mixer/obs-studio-ftl/releases

so how much more efficient is this resources wise compared to how picarto and other art streaming sites have basically managed the multi stream thing on one page thing for years now? genuinely curious

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

rage-saq posted:

Cool ad for a lovely rebrand of a service that got worse literally a week after MS bought them out.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
There is definitely something fucky with the servers going on right now pertaining to network lag. I just had a game where the blue circle kept going way past the white circle. It actually continued all the way down to a single point, then began expanding again, all the while doing no damage to any of us in the game. :wtc:

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Sometimes people's open mics are great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzzLZ8polI

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There was a dude earlier who was just mumbling "Obamacare... Obamacare.." and walked into the ocean.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Siets posted:

There is definitely something fucky with the servers going on right now pertaining to network lag. I just had a game where the blue circle kept going way past the white circle. It actually continued all the way down to a single point, then began expanding again, all the while doing no damage to any of us in the game. :wtc:

I didn't have that happen, but yeah the difference in lag today vs. the test server last night is astounding. How quickly are they adding capacity?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Did the patch drastically increase fps in the countdown phase for anyone else? I've been overclocking my CPU today to see if it would help in pubg and I went from a 15-20fps slideshow to 40+ in the start area, but I forgot about the patch so I don't know how much I can attribute to my overclocking.

Not that the FPS pre-match matters at all but it's somewhat of an interesting benchmark at least.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Cool ad for a lovely rebrand of a service that got worse literally a week after MS bought them out.

I never used it before, I've only used twitch. I messed around with Mixer a bit today and have a few observations.
1: The web interface isn't quite as good as Twitch's but its also a lot less cluttered, a bit of a mixed bag.
2: The video player correctly changes the aspect ratio of your stream instead of forcing 16x9 and saying 'gently caress you' to anything that doesn't fit that. This is good and I wish Twitch did this instead of adding black bars.
3: OBS-FTL fork is good and the FTL protocol is sub-second as advertised and seems to be very high quality and lower resource utilization.
4: You can download your past broadcasts in high quality mp4 format. Twitch doesn't let you and youtube horribly downscales the quality.
5: Costreaming looks awesome, I'm going to try it with someone later.
6: No Hilights functionality or one click export to Youtube. I like both of these features a lot and I'm sad to not see them.

Seems like doing a squad game and being able to have the live stream from all squad members on a second monitor/iPad/etc is killer. Someone can call out where the enemy is and you can just look at their stream and see what they see.
Kiiiiind of getting into cheat-y territory but its pretty similar to the same kind of advantages you get from 3rd party voice comms.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

last night was pretty good tho

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Siets posted:

Are you running on full ultra settings there, or are you doing the mutilated launch options with -sm4 and lowered in game settings? Lag issues aside, that's a nice framerate for how good the graphics look. Hoping the performance increases are that good for me!

I'm at near ultra and yeah the game runs fine. I haven't had performance problems really though but my machine is also brand new with a 1070.

Inzombiac posted:

There was a dude earlier who was just mumbling "Obamacare... Obamacare.." and walked into the ocean.

Games are finally art.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Looks like some streamer figured out that you can climb the bridge:

How do you do this. I must know the Wu Tang secret of bridge climbing.

Also the motorcyle is tanking my ranking. Now above 100 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLt7lA59J2o

Barely made it. :allears:

• Locked thread