Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

holy fuckin :hmbol: this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/liberalism_txt/status/865065133449596928

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

The rainbow Levi's hanky signals that the wearer wants to be hosed in the rear end by capitalism. Well I've got great news!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it must be stopped

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

buy an otherwise useless blue lightbulb to signal you care about autism!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

surprise an autistic person in your life by replacing the lightbulbs in areas they feel safe in

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The LGBT-directed marketing by major companies does provoke an eyeroll, but it's one thing I've never been able to muster outrage about. I went to a pride parade in 2009-2010 or so and remember the endless line of floats from big companies, major banks, etc. and immediately thought that "wrap it up: the homophobes are boned."

Right then I knew the war was over and it was just a matter of time, and this was in Texas not long after the state's voters approved a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, and less than a decade after the USSC declared the state's ban on sodomy unconstitutional.

:capitalism:

Please let us recognize the true heroes in civil rights: the brands.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

people are gonna use this to literally shine it on autistic people aren't they

are blue lights vs the autistic like UV lights vs vampires??

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

This is the most Poe's Law thing I've ever seen.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

This is the most Poe's Law thing I've ever seen.

It's very real, here's a personal fav

https://www.facebook.com/israeldankmemestash/photos/a.1716317878620204.1073741828.1716317145286944/1838711616380829/?type=3

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

supreme designers on suicide watch atm for not thinking of that first

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Marc Jacobs is a racist cosmetic company so its not that surprising they are tone deaf and stupis. Though they never launched a limited edition line based on the murder and abduction of hundreds of mexican women!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

As someone else here mentioned, parody anti-Maga hats are the dumbest thing in the world since they look exactly like real ones from even a slight distance, so you're essentially out in the world visually promoting MAGA and its brand, and also risking getting your rear end kicked in the subway since someone without their reading glasses didn't notice your red hat said "Drumf" instead of "Trump"

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

As someone else here mentioned, parody anti-Maga hats are the dumbest thing in the world since they look exactly like real ones from even a slight distance, so you're essentially out in the world visually promoting MAGA and its brand, and also risking getting your rear end kicked in the subway since someone without their reading glasses didn't notice your red hat said "Drumf" instead of "Trump"

Someone getting their rear end kicked for performative nonsense like wearing a thousand dollar Marc Jacobs baseball cap as a protest would probably not shed a lot of tears.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

I love the idea that you can just include a rainbow colored hanky with any completely unrelated product and by the transitive property of woke capitalism, it's now magically a sincere gesture of goodwill and support towards the LGBT community.

rainbow colored hanky next to an off-brand humidifier.

rainbow colored hanky next to a bail of chicken wire and bare 2x4s.

rainbow colored hanky next to a gigantic pile of monochromatic hankies.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I love the idea that you can just include a rainbow colored hanky with any completely unrelated product and by the transitive property of woke capitalism, it's now magically a sincere gesture of goodwill and support towards the LGBT community.

rainbow colored hanky next to an off-brand humidifier.

rainbow colored hanky next to a bail of chicken wire and bare 2x4s.

rainbow colored hanky next to a gigantic pile of monochromatic hankies.

So is the humidifier a top or a bottom

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Control Volume posted:

So is the humidifier a top or a bottom

it's a power bottom so it's actually doing most of the work

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

good god...
https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/867115617740042241

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:whitewater:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Eeehehehehe

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Love to murder Yemeni children with white phosphorus for the benefit of American workers

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

LiberalMedia.jpeg

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm almost certain that there hasn't been a recent war that AFL-CIO didn't like because of "american jobs"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

awesome

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

You could probably automate this. $CITYNAME, $SKYLINE.JPG from Google Image Search and timestamp it. All you've got to do yourself is find an appropriate quote. You'll have thousands of dollars before the bodies have been counted. 2017 is an exciting time to have no morals or shame.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm almost certain that there hasn't been a recent war that AFL-CIO didn't like because of "american jobs"

George Meeny loved the Vietnam war

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

literally the reason for leninism in the marxism-leninism

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The workers are alive with the screams of foreigners~

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-and-jerrys-australia-marriage-equality_us_5926ed5be4b062f96a34806f

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
This reads like a loving Dril tweet

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Modest Mao posted:

literally the reason for leninism in the marxism-leninism
shame that it's a failed ideology

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Hot take factory scheduling double shifts this week.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Cool new charity names for 2020+ :jihad:
Bombs for Equality
Drones Without Borders
Planned Parentlesshood

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Militaires Sans Frontières

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
This is like the third time that kind of Hot Take has made the rounds, and I'm starting to wonder

Maybe the financial sector's professional culture of looking rich to look successful (i.e. what they have to do to be taken seriously) is so out of control that their obscene wealth really is having trouble keeping up with it, they're not making it up

Pretty much the same was true of Russian aristocrats in 1916 after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

This is like the third time that kind of Hot Take has made the rounds, and I'm starting to wonder

Maybe the financial sector's professional culture of looking rich to look successful (i.e. what they have to do to be taken seriously) is so out of control that their obscene wealth really is having trouble keeping up with it, they're not making it up

Pretty much the same was true of Russian aristocrats in 1916 after all

The "going broke on $200K/year" articles often make entirely plausible cases for how incrementally ridiculous financial decisions "trap" people in a lifestyle they can't afford. I'm sure they get there one innocuous and casually-made $10,000 decision at a time, just like the rest of us.