Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Seems about time for a BBQ derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Please, Montana, see reason....

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RandomBlue posted:

Look up, they've captured the baloons for themselves!

Oh God :gonk:

Half-ton piggies raining from the heavens would

Wait

Pigs hijacking flying transportation... pigs... flying...

We have a chance in Montana, guys!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's really weird we're collectively all basically liberals who also think guns are cool and also nuclear energy rocks. Why can't the Democrats come around on those two things? (Also we believe in strong gun control though)

i'm not any of those things?????

e: well, except maybe a supporter of nuclear energy

e2: i would also not really consider the lack of ideological diversity in this forum to be a good thing, tbqh

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

i prefer Kansas City baked bean chili

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
QUISTMENTUM...real?

results here: https://decisiondeskhq.com/results/...ional-election/

Harry Enten posted:

Well, Quist is apparently up 34 percentage points in early (or absentee) returns in Missoula County. We have no real idea how much more Democratic or Republican the early returns will be compared to the Election Day vote. What we do know is that in a weighted average of the past two presidential elections, Missoula was 34 points more Democratic than the state as a whole. In the last gubernatorial election, it was 30 points bluer. Ergo, if the Election Day vote looks like the early vote, this wouldn’t exactly be a good sign for Quist to win. It would point to a close statewide election, however.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

skylined! posted:

loving russians put microphones in my {{{lentils}}}

Russians wouldn't know what lentils are.
Be very, very, careful around buckwheat though.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The best BBQ sauce is eastern NC-style (fight me, Asheville guy)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

QuoProQuid posted:

You're both and you like it

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Arist posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

He's on CNN and Don Lemon asked him how he's doing, his response was this meek "I'm doing okay under the circumstances."

Dude got choke-slammed, not loving knifed. Dude should be pissed.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I was converted from my long held opinion that beef ain't BBQ by Lockhart's in Dallas

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Who is mark wicks because that seems like a lot of potential republican votes he's peeling off

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

New York times is still showing Choke Slam White Supremacist in a slim lead.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've sampled spaghetti from all the world's finest BBQ noodleries...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Boon posted:

Also, I just wanted to say that Ben Jacobs is a big piece of poo poo who is certainly playing up the role of victim and is hard to feel sympathy for.

Act with some loving dignity and outrage instead of this sad sack role of 'I'm okay under the circumstances'

dignity and outrage

hmmmm

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
loving :lol: at the democrat stereotype the Missoulian found to interview for this story (she looks cool as hell tho).

http://missoulian.com/news/governme...11f62d6a2d.html

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Looking at some early voting from counties of interest:

Yellewstone (slighty R leaning): 56/37 Gianforte
Lewis and Clark (normally moderately blue): 52/42 Quist

With over 100K votes in, Quist leads 48/46.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's really weird we're collectively all basically liberals who also think guns are cool and also nuclear energy rocks. Why can't the Democrats come around on those two things? (Also we believe in strong gun control though)

I'm dead serious, the democrats should run on a repeal stupid gun laws (Because there are a bunch!) while simultaneously putting in universal federal background checks.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

failing forward posted:

Why do people not want Pres. Pelosi? Serious question, zero agenda behind it

Practically speaking: she's got an almost Hillary-level predilection for making badly-phrased foot-in-mouth statements that can be easily clipped into soundbytes that are used to attack Democrats for years.

For example: "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it" which much like Clinton's "basket of deplorables" or "we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right?" made sense in context and were part of an overall reasonable and correct point, but clumsily handed Republicans a devastating weapon.

Also she's a pretty good parliamentary leader who can get poo poo passed in the House.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I did not know there was a libertarian candidate in this race. Wouldn't Gianforte's recent difficulties drive some votes that way?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

are there seriously 100,000 votes with 9% reporting? That seems like a lot of votes

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

CommieGIR posted:

New York times is still showing Choke Slam White Supremacist in a slim lead.

Showing Quist with a 6k lead for me.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
The AP is reporting that 28 of 44 precincts have reported results in Montana’s largest county, Yellowstone (Billings). Gianforte holds a 56 percent to 37 percent lead with more than 48,000 votes tallied. That’s a pretty huge deficit for Quist to dig out of in a county where he probably needs to be within 5 percentage points of Gianforte to win. He better hope the remaining precincts are more favorable.

wrap it up quistailures :smith:

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
Quists numbes in Yellowstone County and Missoula not good enough to win yet.

He needs Gianforte at less than 55% in the former and to be above 65% in the later to win.

56% and 61% so far

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Meme Emulator posted:

are there seriously 100,000 votes with 9% reporting? That seems like a lot of votes

9% of precincts not votes. I'm sure there are a ton of precincts in bum gently caress nowhere that have 5 total votes each.

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

I have had some good grilled meats in Montana, but I don't think they do BBQ at all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sky Shadowing posted:

Showing Quist with a 6k lead for me.

Just updated.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

~~~don't read too much into early results either positively or negatively~~~

BiohazrD posted:

I'm dead serious, the democrats should run on a repeal stupid gun laws (Because there are a bunch!) while simultaneously putting in universal federal background checks.

most voters would tune out the first and freak out over the second

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Meme Emulator posted:

9% of the precints not 9% of the votes

could be as much as 50% of the vote in here.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

e2: i would also not really consider the lack of ideological diversity in this forum to be a good thing, tbqh

Do the million debates about Social Justice vs. Economic Justice around the time Trump won not count as differences?

I mean, "the Left" has plenty of diversity. I'm sure everyone from tankies to anarchists are represented on here.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
lol the Libertarian candidate is taking a lot of votes away from Gianforte

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Raylen posted:

lol the Libertarian candidate is taking a lot of votes away from Gianforte

Good.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BiohazrD posted:

You're pretty much describing the Obama administration's view of the issue. Aside from floating useless measures like banning high-capacity magazines, liberal gun law policy the past few years has focused on better background checks and closing gun show loopholes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

howdy motherfucker

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Knew it: the Republican is going to win. Republicans will double down knowing they can body slam reporters and still win. Welcome to a preview of 2018.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
Quist is doing really poorly in the swing county of Cascade.

This looks like a tight loss to me for him.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Totally Reasonable posted:

I have had some good grilled meats in Montana, but I don't think they do BBQ at all.

Not unless it's someone from out of state, no. Unless you're going with Rocky Mountain Oysters (which are far from unique to Montana, though the Rocky Mountain Testicle Festival is a sight to behold), there isn't much in the way of indigenous cuisine. Pork Chop Johns sandwich I guess, but I don't think that's unique either, just a fried pork chop sandwich.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Yeah I think Quist is done :smith:

Jon Ossoff you're our only hope

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Covok posted:

Knew it: the Republican is going to win. Republicans will double down knowing they can body slam reporters and still win. Welcome to a preview of 2018.

Toxx on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Covok posted:

will you toxx?

• Locked thread