Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Extant penis or no, it's pretty clear from the books that Space Marines Do Not gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RagnarokAngel posted:

What would be the difference?

The stuff included in the box, possibly different armies. The answer I got to factions was cryptic, but there are definitely units we haven't seen yet.

Also, Primaris and the new Death Guard looks incredible in person.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mango sentinel posted:

Extant penis or no, it's pretty clear from the books that Space Marines Do Not gently caress.

"Non Futuis" should be on a banner somewhere

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

The stuff included in the box, possibly different armies. The answer I got to factions was cryptic, but there are definitely units we haven't seen yet.

Also, Primaris and the new Death Guard looks incredible in person.

I got to see the models today as well, and I'm all in on the Primaris Marines. The Death Guard were also amazing, overall I was really impressed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JBP posted:

I wonder how much it would cost me to commission a Tom of Finland style series depicting His Holy Space Marines loving each other in skull adorned Roman bath houses.

Somebody need to get Gengoroh Tagame interested in 40k

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

susan posted:

I do wonder if a woman could transition to a baseline-enough man to become Astartes. I mean, if it's a matter of hormones, we can kinda fix that part now, much less 28k years from now. Space Marine bodies are so altered by the process already, it couldn't be that hard.

go ahead and google buck angel if you wanna see someone who was born a woman lookin like a buff toughman. keep safe search on if youre at work tho

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
With that Orkz reveal I'm extremely tempted to swap from starting with the Guard to the boyz if they're not going to be the worst army in the game, they have too many fun models.

The start collecting box and the trukk with boyz box should be a decent base, nobs in the trukk, 20 squad of boyz backed by a painboy. Anything else?

In my dream world Kommandos get the special rule 'deres da objective ladz' to make up for the lack of ork snipers, where they can infiltrate and target individual character units.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
If, during your movement phase, you chop off a man's penis

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

xutech posted:

If a lot of lost chapters are getting revived by the Primaris marines, has anyone asked GW if this means that there can be loyalist versions of traitor chapters?

That would be a very sexy proposition. Even more so if the chapters go by their original names.

A bunch of the existing loyalist chapters are strongly hinted to be relict populations of traitor legions, though not explicitly mentioned as such.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Strobe posted:

If you weren't immediately struck dead by a literal anvil falling on you after making this post then irony is dead.

What the hell even is a Space Marine Chapter but a kingdom based on bloodlines?

It's a monastic lodge. There is no inheritance.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
jesus christ the last few pages have been terrible

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Moola posted:

jesus christ the last few pages have been terrible

So business as usual then?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
even more so than usual!!!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
We could start Battle-Cannon-Chat again.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Is the subtext that women should also be allowed to be brainwashed soldiers for a fascist regime? For people who are thinking so deeply about the setting and its implications, it is pretty hosed up that you want women to be even more dehumanized.

:(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Is the subtext that women should also be allowed to be brainwashed soldiers for a fascist regime? For people who are thinking so deeply about the setting and its implications, it is pretty hosed up that you want women to be even more dehumanized.

:(

Are you suggesting women are too pure and delicate for war and shouldn't be given equal rights? hosed up man.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 26, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
GW should really just ride off the wave of popularity of characters like Zarya. There's a demand for big swole ladies who can kill you by crushing your head between their biceps GW, embrace that market.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

IMO the Imperium should be dehumanizing in a completely equal opportunity way. They shouldn't care who or what you are, all human souls are just grist for the war mill in one way or another.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

IMO the Imperium should be dehumanizing in a completely equal opportunity way. They shouldn't care who or what you are, all human souls are just grist for the war mill in one way or another.

They could at least start with some female soldiers in the next iteration of the Cadian Shock sprue :v

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Forge world exclusive, £25 for 10 boob plates for your space marines

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Is there any substantial difference between the plastic MKiii and MKiv models from GW vs Forge World? I've built tons of resin MKiv before, but drat if the price isn't attractive on the plastics.

Working on a Scythes of the Emperor Zone Mortalis boarding party and need those heavy-plate MKiii torsos :dong:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Orks don't have this problem, therefore Orks is best.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Space Marines don't get their dicks chopped because It's Canon that the main character of The Emperor's Gift has a huge dong.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Forge world exclusive, £25 for 10 boob plates for your space marines

Except they'll be for only one side, you'll have to get a left side set and a right side set and hope that they aren't too warped :ohdear:

Also available in Chapter/Legion livery.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

panascope posted:

Space Marines don't get their dicks chopped because It's Canon that the main character of The Emperor's Gift has a huge dong.

OOooooh yeah that's the stuff

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

*in frank reynolds voice*: Look it's a monster condom for my Space Marine dong

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Creepy Goat posted:

Is there any substantial difference between the plastic MKiii and MKiv models from GW vs Forge World? I've built tons of resin MKiv before, but drat if the price isn't attractive on the plastics.

Yeah, they unfortunately suffer from the GW Power Squat (TM, C) and the feet on the Mk IV legs somehow manage to point in the same direction. If posing isn't a worry then they are by far the easiest way to get those amour marks.

E: also the thighs of the plastics are noticeably thicker than their resin counterparts

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 26, 2017

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Lame, posing and modelling is like 75% of the hobby for me. I'll probably just grab a box of the MKiii for padding numbers then and mix/match legs and torsos.

Literally settled on Scythes survivors because 'I wanted to paint yellow but not too much' and also bloodied up assault infantry and boarding shields are dope, I don't like painting tanks and leviathan dreads are infinitely cooler.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Do Orks have dicks? They don't need them for anything but they have other stuff so why not a dick?

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
The last few pages are maybe a good excuse to close this thread and start a new one for 8th ed

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zuul the Cat posted:

So apparently the Dark Imperium box is not the starter set. It's just a new edition bundle.

So we must not have seen everything yet?

I guess? It comes with the rules and a bunch of snap-fit monopose models so I'm not sure why you wouldn't call it "the starter set"

Also we're going to see non-monopose Death Guard soon after--both confirmed by rumors and the fact that we've already seen preview photos of death guard in both power armor and terminator armor that aren't in the box set.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Pawl posted:

The last few pages are maybe a good excuse to close this thread and start a new one for 8th ed

Agreed

Moola, get started!

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
It did serve as a reminder to buy some female heads and a Arcadian Guardswomen set from Victoria Miniatures.

I've been wanting to add some diversity to my Guard for ages and I figured a new edition is a good enough time to start the project.

Also the Camo Cloaks look really nice.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I think I've given the Statuesque dude about £90 for heads at this point.

They fit on everything, and since he did those bionic ones I don't even have an excuse any more.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JBP posted:

Do Orks have dicks? They don't need them for anything but they have other stuff so why not a dick?

No but they have bred types of squigs they can attach to their groin area to help intimidate humans.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbTnnHy7hfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

What's the matter little skelly-bro? You haven't had a dick since you gave up all that nasty, nasty flesh. Why all the screaming?

• Locked thread