Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVHigvYeoYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My entire raison d'etre for buying a Switch

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Me finding out Monster Hunter is coming to Switch.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Give us some mother loving Monster Hunter Double Cross HD!

holy poo poo you're some sort of future man

post about a new metroid next

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to play and enjoy monster hutner

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I'm hoping that revealing this just a few weeks before E3 means that Nintendo has some really good reveals in store for everyone.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fly with me posted:

I'm hoping that revealing this just a few weeks before E3 means that Nintendo has some really good reveals in store for everyone.

Why would a Capcom reveal be a harbinger for what Nintendo has in store?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think the biggest downer about Capcom moving over to Switch is it probably officially torpedos Ace Attorney in the west forever

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Fly with me posted:

We thought that was gonna happen in 2015 when they had a tiny direct a few weeks before E3. It didn't really happen.

Also there was E3 2012 where people were hoping for some good 3DS game announcements after the main conference didn't really offer much in that department.

So when they announced a 3DS specific shindig later that evening everyone was hyped for whatever new things they were going to announce.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Quest For Glory II posted:

i think the biggest downer about Capcom moving over to Switch is it probably officially torpedos Ace Attorney in the west forever

You say no more AA, I say AA in HD. We have a chance!

Hoping that Monster Hunter turns out good though, I like the idea of I'll flat out say that the most recent 3DS ones was too visually busy for such a low resolution and I wasn't a big fan. Should be much better on the Switch.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Monster Hunter is OK, I got tired of the series at 3 cause I don't like having to kill the same thing 50x to get a matching suit.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Why would a Capcom reveal be a harbinger for what Nintendo has in store?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

We thought that was gonna happen in 2015 when they had a tiny direct a few weeks before E3. It didn't really happen.

Also there was E3 2012 where people were hoping for some good 3DS game announcements after the main conference didn't really offer much in that department.

So when they announced a 3DS specific shindig later that evening everyone was hyped for whatever new things they were going to announce.

I should know better than to get my hopes up.
:negative:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Just got my Switch back from repair. Screen works now!

...why are my joycons seeming to unsync once in a while when I am using them to play some Mario Kart. Known issue? Would google, but it's late and I'm going to bed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Just got my Switch back from repair. Screen works now!

...why are my joycons seeming to unsync once in a while when I am using them to play some Mario Kart. Known issue? Would google, but it's late and I'm going to bed.

Are you maybe brushing the sync button? A short tap turns off the controller.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yodzilla posted:

But what the hell is up with the lack of options in those games? Mario Kart doesn't even have an options screen on the main menu and the pause menu is paltry as heck. Zelda has some options but mostly just lets you swap jump and sprint and...that's it for rebinding? Ugh why.

Nintendo dude

First party Nintendo games are generally pretty "one size fits all" and have very few options.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

And your 1994 corolla with the "coexist" sticker

what

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

How so? If they're still making them there's no reason it's more difficult to bring them over than it was for 3DS.
Unless you mean those two Sherlock Holmes ones we were never going to get anyway.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm gonna miss having two screens for Monster Hunter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll take having a proper right analogue stick over a second screen.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'll take a game that doesn't look like poo poo over a second screen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well it's still going to be a port of a 3DS game. In an ideal world Capcom put in as much effort as they did the big console version of RE Revelations but MH is much bigger in scope so.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Well it's still going to be a port of a 3DS game. In an ideal world Capcom put in as much effort as they did the big console version of RE Revelations but MH is much bigger in scope so.

It's still going to have a higher resolution than 400 x 240

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sakurazuka posted:

The camera isn't nearly as important as easy-access item usage. If there's cross-plat play I might get the 3DS version instead.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah the nu3ds c-stick is pretty great and its a poor imitation of a proper right analog stick.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just hope they keep the lock-on. Monsters have been getting faster and faster and it's going to be a bitch to keep track of them with just manual camera aim.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Let me know when they stop making cross games and also drop the hunter styles.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dizz posted:

Let me know when they stop making cross games and also drop the hunter styles.

I'll dance at your funeral

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So Monster Hunter is going to sell a gajillion copies in Japan

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

It's all a port of a PS2 game lol

Capcom will go bankrupt before they make a new engine for Monster Hunter (only counting the main games)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Out of curiosity, what open world games have Capcom even made?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dragon's Dogma

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Mega Man Legends 1&2.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gran Theft Auto

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

R&R is more a problem that they used licensed music, and there's no way they're going to see it as worth their time to pay for the songs again, or program new tunes for a 25 year old ROM.

Blizzard did a re-release of Rock n' Roll Racing, The Lost Vikings, and Blackthorne in 2014. R&R has an altered soundtrack.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I don't even know what all led up to this but when Nose Goblin got this gigantic piece of poo poo stuck onto an enemy and covered Isaac as The Lost I knew it was time to stop using Glass Cannon as a crutch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/867987011512160257

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DOOMED

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy