Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

MoraleHazard posted:

Makes sense on the boilers. Those SHP numbers are very interesting.

Well resistance is proportional to speed squared plus you have the extra mass you're dragging along. Also long thin hulls are more hydrodynamic see: power boats, Americas cup yachts, rowing shells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Resistance squares proportionally to speed even

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

YESSSS someone clipped the Flamu cyclone reaction https://clips.twitch.tv/TubularNastyCucumberBudBlast

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

El Disco posted:

So in the next patch the Lo Yang might be getting a Hydro (to 5.4km) and torpedo (6km to 6.7km) buff.

e: HOLY poo poo :lol::lol: on the test server there is new special cyclone music that's SUPER LOUD and isn't affected by the Music volume slider. I was watching Flamu's stream when he encountered it for the first time and was crying with laughter at his reaction. Best bug 2017.

e2: Found a source https://sea-group.org/?p=2884&lang=en

The increase in torpedo range is about .3km less than I would have liked, but I can't particularly complain given that they are 68kt ones with huge warheads. You'll still have to launch at around 6.2 for more reliable hits, but in general the buffs to Lo Yang are actually completely unnecessary but very welcome. Lo Yang still second best tier 8 destroyer.

Sea-group is usually very reliable for upcoming changes and premium ships. They have information on Hazdoc's upcoming Harekaze as well. It will be a stock Kagero that can equip Akizuki's 100/65 and a somewhat unique set of 127/54s that are identical to Midway's secondaries in everything but range.

https://sea-group.org/?p=2893

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

El Disco posted:

YESSSS someone clipped the Flamu cyclone reaction https://clips.twitch.tv/TubularNastyCucumberBudBlast

:laffo:

That's a hilarious bug

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Heartcatch posted:

The increase in torpedo range is about .3km less than I would have liked, but I can't particularly complain given that they are 68kt ones with huge warheads. You'll still have to launch at around 6.2 for more reliable hits, but in general the buffs to Lo Yang are actually completely unnecessary but very welcome. Lo Yang still second best tier 8 destroyer.
For whatever reason the general perception of the Lo Yang is that it's a weak boat and that its role has been usurped by German DDs, despite the fact that I'd much rather have a US DD with hydro than a German DD.

With the buff I might check out the short range torps; 6km was a little too short so I personally just stuck with the 9.2km ones.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
6.7km still isn't enough to make me give up the 9.2km torps. Never mind the 20 seconds extra reload as well.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I still use the 9.2s myself. With 1.1 detection and 3.2km more range, it's not much of a choice.

I will take a look at the short range torpedoes if they make it live, but will most likely stick with the longer ranged ones because 6.7 is a bit too close for comfort in high tier matches*.

* Situationally.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Up to 10KM torp range is one of the most important factors, since its not just a matter of speed and damage, its about flushing out smoke clouds. After 10km range is nice, but now the other stuff becomes pretty neat too.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

brb, throwing myself into a pond

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hazdoc posted:

:vince:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hazdoc posted:

I better see this on someone's youtube channel as a testament to the shittiness of pubbies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm on the final leg of the Bismarck campaign after basically doing nothing else but playing this game for the last three (four?) days. I've had a surprising amount of success just asking enemy pubbies if I can do X to them in exchange for them blowing me up afterwards.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I'm super sad PvE scenarios are T5/6 only cause I was hoping for sick Midway plays against the AI :(

Heartcatch posted:

I still use the 9.2s myself. With 1.1 detection and 3.2km more range, it's not much of a choice.

I will take a look at the short range torpedoes if they make it live, but will most likely stick with the longer ranged ones because 6.7 is a bit too close for comfort in high tier matches*.

* Situationally.
Yeah I definitely feel like I'll probably stick with the 9.2km ones, but I'll still probably check out the short range ones at least instead of totally writing them off like I do now.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Insert name here posted:

I'm super sad PvE scenarios are T5/6 only cause I was hoping for sick Midway plays against the AI :(

Yeah I definitely feel like I'll probably stick with the 9.2km ones, but I'll still probably check out the short range ones at least instead of totally writing them off like I do now.

I'm debating if I should use PvE to go up the Japanese carrier line now that they have basically neutered the only way to out play Langely and AS Bogue. I can't quite bring myself to play the Bogue.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

So I recently posted about an amazing brawl I never should have survived, but found out I apparently did actually have replays turned on. So I captured and saved it.

The Sharnhorst charges a trio of potatoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFP2ry-jSE

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

HFX posted:

I'm debating if I should use PvE to go up the Japanese carrier line now that they have basically neutered the only way to out play Langely and AS Bogue. I can't quite bring myself to play the Bogue.
Yeah the removal of manual drops at T4/5 was a real poo poo change. RIP 1/1/0 Bogue :(

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

HFX posted:

The the Bogue the way it was meant to be played... AS!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Natsuumi posted:

So I recently posted about an amazing brawl I never should have survived, but found out I apparently did actually have replays turned on. So I captured and saved it.

That's.. I can't quite decide whether this is incredibly depressing or incredibly amazing.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
How did that Aoba miss a point blank torp volley.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Natsuumi posted:

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...authorName=Nope

I gave it an appropriate backing track :hellyeah:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 26, 2017

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Maiden is great and all, but I feel like some more bombast is needed

http://youtubedoubler.com/l8f6

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nordick posted:

Maiden is great and all, but I feel like some more bombast is needed

http://youtubedoubler.com/l8f6

That move was less some noble ride and more a suicidal death charge that accidentally had 100% less suicide in it. Maiden is more appropriate.

I also accidentally synced up Natsuumi launching torps at the Bismarck with the guitar solo :rock:

E: Where in the gently caress were the bismarck's guns pointed during the charge? It looks like the loving Bismarck was shooting at something to his starboard side instead of paying attention to the loving Scharnhorst bearing down on it at almost 30kts.

E2: he was shooting at the loving half-health NC that was steaming away from him at such an angle that he would have bounced every loving round if he hit.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 26, 2017

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

NTRabbit posted:

Level bombers were spectacularly bad at hitting ships that were sailing rather than docked, though

Level bombers were notoriously bad at hitting anything smaller than 'Dresden' or 'Tokyo'. A best-actual-case for accuracy was 20% of the bombs dropped landing inside a 1000 ft circle. To guarantee a 95% chance of hitting something the size of the Montana class, you'd need to have 110+ B-17s in a box formation all drop their bombs, assuming it's docked in port. If it's underway and they're able to see the bombs fall, they have between 30 and 45 seconds, depending on bomb type to shift rudder. Without going full turbo-sperg and doing some Monte-Carlo sims on it, I'm gonna take a wild-rear end guess and say 200+ B-17s.

If you want to actually hit something, you need to use a dive bomber and brave whatever flak and AA they have to get to within 3-4k feet and release.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

MikeC posted:

How did that Aoba miss a point blank torp volley.

Seems like a combination of Natsuumi cutting speed preemptively/turning and trying to launch the torps prior to slipping behind the Cleveland corpse. That's the best I got.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

gently caress... The... Pubbies... :smithicide:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Aesis posted:

gently caress... The... Pubbies... :smithicide:

Let me guess. Your benson was afraid to knife fight their mahan and let the mahan cap all the points. Meanwhile, the mahan was free to rain fiery hell on your team without ever being contested.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

JuffoWup posted:

Let me guess. Your benson was afraid to knife fight their mahan and let the mahan cap all the points. Meanwhile, the mahan was free to rain fiery hell on your team without ever being contested.
Pretty much. Nobody from my team capped and still got crushed. I was the only person at cap fighting off 3~4 ships (miracle that I survived) while rest were doing god knows what.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I've got most of the badges for the Bismark mission now. I'm going to use the 3x weekend experience plus those 777% flags and just do the "Total experience" tasks over and over again until I finish the whole chain.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Ugh high tier ship discounts but I'm low on cash. I do have a Missouri but there's no way I could grind out two tier 10s worth of silver within the weekend. Kurfurst or Moskva?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, Kaga has been officially released now (as of May 19th) on the Asia server. Haven't really seen if there was any tweaking done to her since the initial preview of her, but we'll probably see for ourselves soon enough.

Oh, and unless there's something incredibly special about her dive bombers (and no, the tiny drop circle doesn't count, given they've still got garbage IJN bomb damage), WG has once again been stunningly incompetent regarding loadout "choices." It's got the choice between a 2/2/1 loadout, or 1/1/3. Yeah, they've given you the option to trade away your second fighter and torpedo bomber squadrons to run more of those awesome IJN dive bombers. Barring some other super special feature, pretty sure I can just mentally mark down anyone running that second loadout as a worthless CV player.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

If you want to actually hit something, you need to use a dive bomber and brave whatever flak and AA they have to get to within 3-4k feet and release.

Or fly low and fast and bounce a bomb right into the side of the enemy ship.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Trillhouse posted:

I've got most of the badges for the Bismark mission now. I'm going to use the 3x weekend experience plus those 777% flags and just do the "Total experience" tasks over and over again until I finish the whole chain.

The 777% ones are free xp not ordinary xp, aren't they? I think some of the other new flags give ordinary xp though.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Clarence posted:

The 777% ones are free xp not ordinary xp, aren't they? I think some of the other new flags give ordinary xp though.

Really? drat. There goes my brilliant plan. I still have some regular XP flags and a bunch of Tier5+ but it will take longer.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

A +200% XP win bonus on the weekend guarantees winning is impossible. :shepicide:

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

I have finally achieved my aim.

It's me, i'm the smoke shitter.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Sperglord Actual posted:

A +200% XP win bonus on the weekend guarantees winning is impossible. :shepicide:

(Of course right after this we lose due to horrible carrier play.)

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Naturally I start getting wins right after I post a complaint. :downsrim:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I loving hate cyclones so loving much. "Hi, playing a cruiser? LOL gently caress YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I loving hate cyclones so loving much. "Hi, playing a cruiser? LOL gently caress YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Could be worse, could be in a russian DD.

On the other hand, be in a sec spec Bismarck/Tirpitz. Laugh.