Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Thank you all for the suggestions! Going to give them a try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shame you didn't go for SMB2, with the portal potions and all :v:

SMB2 is definitely in my top 5 games of all time. I begged for it for my birthday and was so stoked to get it and play it. It remains one of my most joyous video game presents :D

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sefal posted:

Any decent puzzle games?
last one I played was i think Portal 2

Puyo Puyo Tetris

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Szurumbur posted:

Luthor's dad was abusive and he's furious that Superman, supposedly a paragon of goodness, didn't rescue him from that. So he hatches an elaborate plan to prove that Superman isn't really all that, or that Superman simply didn't care for helping him and maybe even approved of the his father's behaviour, probably as to not feel like he was simply unlucky not to receive help, as there is only so much Superman can do.

He's only superhuman after all, don't place the blame on him

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I'm glad Zack Snyder and his DC producer wife are on sabbatical, hopefully forever. DC might get some good films now. BvS was okay, except for everything to do with Batman and Superman.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Superman is a problematic character in general because there's only so much you can do with a flawless good guy who can already do everything, so the same three stories get retold over and over. And the death and dark turn cycles always feel kind of cheap in ways they don't with other superheroes.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Superman is a problematic character in general because there's only so much you can do with a flawless good guy who can already do everything, so the same three stories get retold over and over. And the death and dark turn cycles always feel kind of cheap in ways they don't with other superheroes.

That jokey SA quote that gets bandied around about a hypothetical Superman film where he's forced to mercy kill a Bizarro Superman who's just trying to help people and doesn't understand that what he's doing is killing innocents is genuinely the best Superman concept I've heard, and that was churned out as a goddam parody.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm so so sorry for mentioning BVS

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

We can talk about Planet Earth 2

the BvS chat has been the most constructive and enjoyable thing here for a while now. Guess it helps that nearly no one disagrees

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

We can talk about Planet Earth 2

You peep that poo poo in 4K yet?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How wide is the KS8000 base from the left leg to the right? I've got a TV stand i use but I don't think it's wide enough.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

They don't change with the TV size?

If you don't get an answer I'll measure mine. I assume you mean the stand itselfNs their legs and not the literal base of the TV

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Adam Vegas posted:

That jokey SA quote that gets bandied around about a hypothetical Superman film where he's forced to mercy kill a Bizarro Superman who's just trying to help people and doesn't understand that what he's doing is killing innocents is genuinely the best Superman concept I've heard, and that was churned out as a goddam parody.

I didn't think there was anything wrong conceptually with Man of Steel. In fact, the fundamental conceit was pretty interesting. What if Superman was a truly alien figure who wasn't immediately embraced as truth justice and the American way, but someone to be mistrusted and feared? What if his central conflict was choosing to do good in spite of his alienation, knowing that he would forever be misunderstood? That could have been cool. But this conflict was undercut pretty much immediately and then blown apart when he destroys about half of Metropolis in his reluctance to kill one dude.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

They don't change with the TV size?

If you don't get an answer I'll measure mine. I assume you mean the stand itselfNs their legs and not the literal base of the TV

Yeah like the little stand on it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Houdini posted:

Looking to buy either Prey or The Surge today. Any opinions other than just get both?

prey is supposed to be dropping in price and or going on sale, i forget which exactly, like this week? next week? if you want prey wait on it for a minute

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Prey supposedly runs a lot better on PC, where it isn't locked to 30fps with controller issues. Apparently a Pro can hit 60fps @ 1080p with the Surge, which is kind of neat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I feel like Snyder genuinely doesn't like superheroes and tries to accentuate their negative traits as much as possible, which in other hands could be interesting, but not when you're saddled with also making a megabillion dollar blockbuster.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I got The Surge so thanks for the help.

If it's a bad game, someone bought me that title :yum:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I feel like Snyder genuinely doesn't like superheroes and tries to accentuate their negative traits as much as possible, which in other hands could be interesting, but not when you're saddled with also making a megabillion dollar blockbuster.

Man of Steel is filled with overwrought christlike imagery, though. I don't think Snyder intentionally accentuates negative traits so much as his movies have become just plain dreadful to watch. 300 ran in a brisk two hours and BvS was I think about 6 1/2 hours long.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

prey is supposed to be dropping in price and or going on sale, i forget which exactly, like this week? next week? if you want prey wait on it for a minute

Man, Arkane can't catch a break. I wonder how Prey sold cos Dishonored 2 seems like it flopped hard. I've seen it for like €20 but the demo played so bad that I wouldn't buy it for that.
Bethesda really needs to get the studios they own to share tech, get those ID masters to help other teams with their engines.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Man, Arkane can't catch a break. I wonder how Prey sold cos Dishonored 2 seems like it flopped hard. I've seen it for like €20 but the demo played so bad that I wouldn't buy it for that.
Bethesda really needs to get the studios they own to share tech, get those ID masters to help other teams with their engines.

Dishonoured 2 uses a heavily modified Idtech, actually. Prey is Cryengine though. I assume that comes down to different teams within Arkane.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

exquisite tea posted:

Nah, the ending the of 90s animated series was great. Supes gets brainwashed by Darkseid, wrecks poo poo, gets cured. But due to stress and his cousin getting hurt he proceeds to threaten and intimidate a friend, even without brainwashing. Which has lasting consequences. What they do with the last battle against Darkseid, and the ending itself, is pretty dark for a children's show without going all edgelord about it.

The episode with the cop who is executed for murder, and figures out who Superman is the second before they turn on the gas, was kind of weird though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got Dishonored for £10 recently and I've already seen Prey for less than £30 so yikes

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I hope Zack Snyder makes the Bloodborne movie.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I hope Zack Snyder makes the Bloodborne movie.

I don't. A Michael Bay/J.J Abrams team up would be far more...entertaining.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Mass effect A is £30 on amazon rn for prime members

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Renoistic posted:

Nah, the ending the of 90s animated series was great. Supes gets brainwashed by Darkseid, wrecks poo poo, gets cured. But due to stress and his cousin getting hurt he proceeds to threaten and intimidate a friend, even without brainwashing. Which has lasting consequences. What they do with the last battle against Darkseid, and the ending itself, is pretty dark for a children's show without going all edgelord about it.

The episode with the cop who is executed for murder, and figures out who Superman is the second before they turn on the gas, was kind of weird though.

Wasn't there one episode where he lobotomized President Luthor with heat vision? Or was that an alternate universe or something

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Far Cry 5: GTA V

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everybody's Golf beta is live now btw

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

haveblue posted:

Wasn't there one episode where he lobotomized President Luthor with heat vision? Or was that an alternate universe or something

Sounds like the Justice League cartoon, and yes that's an alternative universe. It's pretty much the same thing as Injustice, except it's the death of the Flash that's Superman's breaking point. The Superman solo cartoon had an episode where an alternative Superman goes mad after Lois dies, though.

So yeah, the 'Superman goes insane after a friend is killed' storyline has been done to death and should be buried forever at this point. It's also extremely ooc and is pretty much a statement that says Luthor is 100% correct about Superman.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Zack Snyder loves superheroes to an insane degree. However, unlike the Marvel movies that the general public are used to, his DC output aren't power fantasies.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Zack Snyder loves superheroes to an insane degree. However, unlike the Marvel movies that the general public are used to, his DC output aren't power fantasies.

They also really, really suck.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Picture of Grumpy Cat saying "no"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what have i done

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rumour is Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange are June's PS+ games 👀

Deffo hope we get KF2, would love to play that with a few goons

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Do you think the FC5 trailer has enough images of a cross? I don't think it has enough images of a cross. Some people might not get what they are going for.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

oh no, people have different opinions from me, time to be a condescending prick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Far Cry 5 trailer has a lot of images of the white nationalist iron cross, yes.