Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just got in, holy poo poo this downloader is crap.
Guess I'll give it a serious go after work, I don't have high hopes if the beta forum is anything to go by yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dreadwroth posted:

Guess I'll give it a serious go after work, I don't have high hopes if the beta forum is anything to go by yeesh.

The forum just got cleared today so it's going to be kind of poo poo right now.

Honestly, I think this will probably end up being a fine relaunch. There's some annoying choices they've made with progression and monetization but they will probably be fine once you get through the story once. Whether I play long-term depends on whether 1) the endgame isn't super limited by the monetization or 2) there is a sub which removes a lot of the bullshit limits.

Once the next phase hits with hopefully all the major changes final I'll make a new op with all the info.

Also, send me a PM on here if you want an invite to the beta cabal. It's cross-faction.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 14, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Funcom posted:

The cost of weapons now scales as you purchase more. The purpose is to increase the availability of options early on and make it progressively more expensive to unlock new ones the more you get.

Characters made earlier in beta may have unlocked a few extra weapon pages without them counting for this scaling. I believe there is also a bug where it is counting the weapons unlocked in the tutorial as purchases for some players, which it should not be, and artificially driving up the price.

One of the UI devs broke the code of silence and started responding to feedback. Maybe we can hope for small things.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Assuming cabals still work how they did would you be able to check if you can force reset the ranks? In the old game if you changed the government type it would reset everyone who wasn't​ you to the lowest rank. I posted about it on the exploit forums and was told there was no intention to fix it. Wondering if they bothered

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Did government type ever do anything?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They seem to have made no cabal changes other than cross-faction so far. Once I get some people in, I'll test it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DancingShade posted:

Did government type ever do anything?

Let you get around having to /petition to remove a rank 5 member

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dreadwroth posted:

I'm really hoping they make the Steam client standalone because their launcher/patcher thing is rear end. Not as bad as the FFXIV one but it's definitely up there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Does it still have the fun feature where it just keeps downloading well after 100%?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I didn't see that, and am not using Steam. The Funcom patcher is lovely as gently caress.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

Does it still have the fun feature where it just keeps downloading well after 100%?

I hope so though the best feature was corrupting your install after successfully patching so you basically wanted to verify everything each patch anyway.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Nothing too cool from the latest patch and live stream. We definitely have the mobile gaming system of 2x maxed greens = 1 blue, 2x blue = 1 purple, etc. There will be more rarities added so the grind can continue. Maybe that replaces aegis weapons... Buffs and debuffs are just going to be hard to read since the dev solution is to hit alt and mouse over them. Weapon molds (cosmetics) are coming back but as part of some bigger system so we don't know what form they will take. Probably from the cash shop.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Nothing too cool from the latest patch and live stream. We definitely have the mobile gaming system of 2x maxed greens = 1 blue, 2x blue = 1 purple, etc. There will be more rarities added so the grind can continue. Maybe that replaces aegis weapons... Buffs and debuffs are just going to be hard to read since the dev solution is to hit alt and mouse over them. Weapon molds (cosmetics) are coming back but as part of some bigger system so we don't know what form they will take. Probably from the cash shop.

That's going to be awesome when you're in a dungeon and get a debuff that kills you in seconds in you don't react immediately

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

That's going to be awesome when you're in a dungeon and get a debuff that kills you in seconds in you don't react immediately

Yeah, they clearly don't see it as a problem. Someone asked on the stream and the answer was just "duh, just hit alt and mouse over, it's fine!" They did say that buffs will be simplified a bit to remove some things like skill buffs you get from doing a thing where you just assume you have the buff running all the time and things of that sort.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Yeah, they clearly don't see it as a problem. Someone asked on the stream and the answer was just "duh, just hit alt and mouse over, it's fine!" They did say that buffs will be simplified a bit to remove some things like skill buffs you get from doing a thing where you just assume you have the buff running all the time and things of that sort.

These are the devs that couldn't reliably kill haughbui mother before she exploded so we shouldn't be surprised

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

These are the devs that couldn't reliably kill haughbui mother before she exploded so we shouldn't be surprised

And to be fair I'm pretty sure that they're all "community managers" which means they're paid shitposters who probably have no influence on the development at all. The girl is, I think, just a gm they pulled in to have a girl in the room for the twitch viewers.

I'd love for then to have an actual dev lead show up and give some info at one point, but they're probably busy driving the game as deep into the earth's mantle as possible.

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

My fanfiction makes baby Jesus cry
I can't wait to hear what a clusterfuck the nm dungeons end up being especially doing them all master planner and getting outfit.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

thwoompa posted:

I can't wait to hear what a clusterfuck the nm dungeons end up being especially doing them all master planner and getting outfit.

We won't find that out for a while. NM are post-launch content.

The higher-level dungeons are a clusterfuck right now for targeting aND managing mechanics. Going to be quite an experience when/if we get NM.

We're 1 month out and here's what's not in that are reasonably supposed to be in launch:
  • Carpathian Fangs
  • Fists
  • Slaughterhouse
  • Elite Mode
  • Scenarios
  • Shambala
  • Dressing Room
  • Full Economy
  • Cash Shop
  • Lairs

Going to be a shitshow.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 22, 2017

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

There's just really no way they're gonna be able to keep that launch date and push out half of what they've promised in a playable state. The Funcom Questionable Decision Train continues to run.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Edit: Nevermind only the steam version gets a delay?

:psyduck:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Delaying the Steam version is basically the same as delaying the whole thing. They'll get a limited set if non-steam user to open beta with from June until July and then release a hopefully more polished product to Steam.

It's a way to still meet the unrealistic goal they set without poisoning the well too bad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You know what never made sense to me? They have a firm belief of "no missable content ever" to the point the 2012 Mayan End of Days is repeatable yet they never brought back the Halloween 2012 cat contest

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Have they announced a delay then?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Steam version is delayed about a month. Stand alone is still end of June.

Gnooble
Sep 29, 2010

Commander, make full speed to JP1 and activate your active sensor to keep watch for any unauthorized transits.
Why would they not just delay the whole launch? Funcom makes no sense with the decisions they keep making here.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Gnooble posted:

Why would they not just delay the whole launch? Funcom makes no sense with the decisions they keep making here.

To use the sad pathetic people who are still playing TSW to test SWL (off steam) without tainting the population at large with a broken game. But who am I kidding, it will be broken regardless.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I wonder what Funcom will do when the Steam reviews are mean. They can't​ really ban Steam users for being negative or censor their posts.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Len posted:

I wonder what Funcom will do when the Steam reviews are mean. They can't​ really ban Steam users for being negative or censor their posts.

You can be blocked by the dev/publisher from posting on that game's Steam forum.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah but it usually turns into a shitstorm if you do much more so than when you do it on your own forums.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I just want to see all the TSW steam players form a "boycott TSW Legends" group then all play it anyway like the COD:MW2 people did.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have no idea why Funcom are trying to claim this is anything other than a content patch for the existing game, there's literally nothing new aside from the forced reticle poo poo and how skills work.
Ps: the reticle combat is really not fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dreadwroth posted:

I have no idea why Funcom are trying to claim this is anything other than a content patch for the existing game, there's literally nothing new aside from the forced reticle poo poo and how skills work.
Ps: the reticle combat is really not fun.

Not true. They also added a traditional level system and level gated content so now you have to more or less drain zones before you can continue the story

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Len posted:

Not true. They also added a traditional level system and level gated content so now you have to more or less drain zones before you can continue the story

And don't forget the gear upgrade treadmill!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ugh those are both gross changes.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I just do not know who they think they will lure in with that sort of thing.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

I'll make a new op with all the info.

I feel like we did this before.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

I feel like we did this before.

Who let you out of your cage?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Who let you out of your cage?

I'm a locksmith.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Len posted:

Wait but why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Harrow posted:

Wait but why

Real Answer:
To modify their game to appeal to new comers and make things more generic so that new players can follow along. The aim of the relaunch is to attract new players to the game, even at the cost of alienating our older players. Also funcom are not smart (TM)

Hot take answer:
They are dumbing down their game for the casuals and funcom are idiots.

• Locked thread