Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I feel a weird tingling sensation in my gut... could this be... actual hype for a Far Cry game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm going to play as Zombie Hitler, mad that they have twisted my perfect vision.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I'm going to play as Gabe Newell.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
And since I am terribly obese I am going to cosplay as Gabe Newell while playing Far Cry 5 with a Gabe Newell avatar.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You'll have to find some kind of mod that adds like 500+ new knives to the game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
or a mod that adds tits on the head of the cultists

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Finally, I can create the perfect, Aryan ubermensch.

Realtalk, I don't know that I'll get this one. I liked FC3, and liked FC4 more because it was basically an improved version of FC4 but at the same time I felt like the next game had to be very different and it looks like this one won't be. Specifically, I wanted the next game to NOT be set in modern times because I'm fed up of shooting SCARs and AKMs and want more, better movement options. My dream FC game would be a sci-fi frontier game where you're hunting exotic alien beasts and have a jet pack.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mordja posted:

Realtalk, I don't know that I'll get this one. I liked FC3, and liked FC4 more because it was basically an improved version of FC4 but at the same time I felt like the next game had to be very different and it looks like this one won't be. Specifically, I wanted the next game to NOT be set in modern times because I'm fed up of shooting SCARs and AKMs and want more, better movement options. My dream FC game would be a sci-fi frontier game where you're hunting exotic alien beasts and have a jet pack.

For whatever reason Ubisoft never veers too far into fantastical settings. Even their vikings vs. knights vs. samurai game doesn't get particularly crazy with hadouken attacks or anything like that.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 2 let you choose your character and all it did was change your forearms and the sounds you made when you were shot. It also meant that yur buddies were the other characters so you ended up learning more about them.

In general it feels like this is returning to some of the stuff they were trying to pull off in 2, so I'm excited.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mordja posted:

Finally, I can create the perfect, Aryan ubermensch.

Go the other direction and set Far Cry 6 in Belgian Congo or one of the Indochina Wars. Don't let the player be white.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

an actual dog posted:

Far Cry 2 let you choose your character and all it did was change your forearms and the sounds you made when you were shot. It also meant that yur buddies were the other characters so you ended up learning more about them.

In general it feels like this is returning to some of the stuff they were trying to pull off in 2, so I'm excited.

Did FC2 have cut-scenes that showed the player character off though? Because otherwise I'd assume customizing the forearms meant you were creating the entire character.

As your model in FPS games was usually just a floating pair of arms, a torso and maybe a set of legs if you were really lucky.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Did FC2 have cut-scenes that showed the player character off though? Because otherwise I'd assume customizing the forearms meant you were creating the entire character.

As your model in FPS games was usually just a floating pair of arms, a torso and maybe a set of legs if you were really lucky.

Nope, you never leave first person view.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Policenaut posted:

Far Cry 5's debut trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

News says that the main character is a created one this time around.

definitely more of branch Dravidian mixed with prepper type militias than white supremist/alt right types. looks interesting plus customization character.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

marshmallow creep posted:

Go the other direction and set Far Cry 6 in Belgian Congo or one of the Indochina Wars. Don't let the player be white.

A game with full character customization but no light skin options would be amazing.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

an actual dog posted:

Please bring the buddy system back, that owned

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

an actual dog posted:

yeah. also apperently one of the preorder packs(the doomsday prepper pack, lol) has customizable outfits, so i assume its more then just arms.

Lakbay posted:

Please bring the buddy system back, that owned

the new one is full co-op.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah Far Cry 5's entire campaign is co-op friendly according to Ubi, so that's nice.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/destructoid/status/868110010244415489

RIP

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ok i can understand the remaster, but loving KH3 has been in development for years presumably. they better add vader and rocket racoon or some poo poo.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Yeah, but just think about all those reaction videos people made when each of those titles were officially announced to exist*.

*Existence varies.

Actually you don't even have to just think about them just relive the moments here.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I'm always disappointed when I see Cloud just have normal-rear end eyes. I thought Mako Eyes would like glow or some poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Neither game is particularly worth the wait, imo, especially after how ho-hum/whatever FF15 turned out to be.

Square enix doesn't make good use of its time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jesus christ they loving put Deus Ex and Hitman on ice for this loving poo poo. Three loving years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah that was because they didn't sell very well and Final Fantasy did

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rumors were that kh3 was gonna be 2018 or early 2019. Ffvii only just advertised for a battle designer so expect it to be cross platform ps5/ps6

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
So FF7 Episode 1 in 2021

Episode 2 in 2026

Cancellation of Episode 3 for not selling enough units in 2027

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah that was because they didn't sell very well and Final Fantasy did

Yeah deus ex sold less than half of human revolution and hitman couldnt even do over 650,000 copies on steam so square said "hmm instead of putting endings in our games or releasing them when they are finished, lets just not make them"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The remake also has the eternal problem of the fact that no matter whether or not the new battle system works out, there will still be a large section of people upset they didn't stick to turn-based. Like they wanted basically FF7, but with the most advanced graphics possible, but with the same game-play they remember, but also the game-play is improved enough to feel like a AAA modern game.

A fully open-world and totally linear experience w/carefully crafted set pieces.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The remake also has the eternal problem of the fact that no matter whether or not the new battle system works out, there will still be a large section of people upset they didn't stick to turn-based. Like they wanted basically FF7, but with the most advanced graphics possible, but with the same game-play they remember, but also the game-play is improved enough to feel like a AAA modern game.

A fully open-world and totally linear experience w/carefully crafted set pieces.

Not only that but like when cloud doesnt talk the way they imagined at age 13 they are gonna flip

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I suppose they're counting on people buying the KH PS5 remasters before releasing KH3.

I can't even joke about this anymore. They're clowns. This is hilarious. I'm probably going to be in my forties before I get to play KH3. Holy crap.

I just love how nonchalant the article makes them sound too. "3 years or so".

I'm not angry, I don't have any stakes in this. But they're completely insane.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I suppose they're counting on people buying the KH PS5 remasters before releasing KH3.

I can't even joke about this anymore. They're clowns. This is hilarious. I'm probably going to be in my forties before I get to play KH3. Holy crap.

I just love how nonchalant the article makes them sound too. "3 years or so".

I'm not angry, I don't have any stakes in this. But they're completely insane.

square enix seems to be pretty crap dev and sligtly better publisher. then again i have never been a big fan, liked kingdom hearts when i was younger and i gave the new final fantasy a shot(its ok, not that great, got bored after 4 hours) i like the stuff they publish now a days but much like capcom, they expect insane sales records and cancel/rush develpment. least hitman was good. and deus ex mankind devided was alright.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Fact is, I enjoy the majority of S-E games. Quite a lot in fact. I just thought they had started getting their poo poo together after the troubled development of FFXIV and XV, but apparently I was wrong.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Who's the director of those games? Nomura? To be fair, if you asked him to make a side-scroll flash game with one level where you simply walk from one end to another of a room, it'd probably take 10+ years to make.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Fuckin' hell Squeenix. You bring back two of my favorite franchises from the early 2000s in Deus Ex and Hitman (And Thief, but that game caused me more harm than Pol Pot's reign in Cambodia), make them really good... then kill them so you can cover the costs of your over-budget, over-hyped Japan projects that have been in development now for years.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Play Far Cry 5 as Paul Ryan and it's an accurate depiction of what the Republican health care act will do to the health of small town America

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm worried they're going to have the "duct taped together" feeling of FFXV (which I enjoyed) when they do come out in 10 years

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Final Fantasy is striking out more and more these days, but at least we've got Dragon Quest to look forward to.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Also Nintendo (More specifically Capcom) pretty much just won E3 by announcing Monster Hunter Double Cross is coming to the Switch, so it might make an appearance on the floor.

lol if you think monhun matters in the west.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It matters enough that Ninty stock shot up to Pokémon Go levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GoneRampant posted:

Fuckin' hell Squeenix. You bring back two of my favorite franchises from the early 2000s in Deus Ex and Hitman (And Thief, but that game caused me more harm than Pol Pot's reign in Cambodia), make them really good... then kill them so you can cover the costs of your over-budget, over-hyped Japan projects that have been in development now for years.

The newest deus ex was like 1/3rd of the games story, they had a terrible preorder campaign, a bad microtransaction scheme, and a useless vr mission mode instead of more content. The dlc levels were obviously removed from the game too. They hosed the game up extremely badly

• Locked thread