Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
KD got awfully defensive when someone asked him about NBA "parity"

Kevin Durant posted:

“Like I'm the reason why (expletive) Orlando couldn't make the playoffs for five, six years in a row? Am I the reason that Brooklyn gave all their picks to Boston? Like, am I the reason that they're not that good (laughs). I can't play for every team, so the truth of the matter is I left one team. It's one more team that you probably would've thought would've been a contender. One more team. I couldn't have made the (entire) East better. I couldn't have made everybody (else) in the West better.”

Roasted

And here you go Rick/Glumslinger, Byron Scott still hasn't gotten over anything and is still taking potshots at D'Lo https://sports.yahoo.com/news/byron-scott-felt-deceived-lied-betrayed-los-angeles-lakers-222054872.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cool Buff Man posted:

Roasted

And here you go Rick/Glumslinger, Byron Scott still hasn't gotten over anything and is still taking potshots at D'Lo https://sports.yahoo.com/news/byron-scott-felt-deceived-lied-betrayed-los-angeles-lakers-222054872.html

I actually think that answer rules even tho KD is a bitch

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kd gonna try to out temper tantrum steph in last years finals gonna own

E: it is actually a real bad answer for morons cause he does infact make the entire rest of the west better in comparison if hes on the thunder. calling out stupid teams is funny tho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Roasted

He's right, I'm afraid.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Time posted:

It's definitely a good answer but he's clearly still sore about it

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Time posted:

try this phrasing next time:

"wow real nice answer ...

for a bitch."

you can add or subtract ellipses to make it your own

also he's totally right now I'm mad at him for not going to Brooklyn and for allowing the Celtics to take all their picks gently caress you KD

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
kevin durant never told me to trust the process

i would have believed him

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

EvanTH posted:

for a bitch."

also he's totally right now I'm mad at him for not going to Brooklyn and for allowing the Celtics to take all their picks gently caress you KD

lol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

for a bitch."

I can't stop giggling at the potshots towards poor Orlando and Brooklyn

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lol holy poo poo I kind of want to buy this but there's no way I will support Byron Scott https://www.amazon.com/Slam-Dunk-Success-Leading-Every-Position/dp/1478920440

There's bound to be lunacy hidden in these pages

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cool Buff Man posted:

Roasted

The words of a truly shook man.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lockback posted:

No basketball for 6 days. So, uh. What do you guys want to talk about?

Our favourite players. (It's Rubio.)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol holy poo poo I kind of want to buy this but there's no way I will support Byron Scott https://www.amazon.com/Slam-Dunk-Success-Leading-Every-Position/dp/1478920440

There's bound to be lunacy hidden in these pages

Just illegally download it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

I can't stop giggling at the potshots towards poor Orlando and Brooklyn

like everyone else I don't really like the "players vote" MVP results because it's weird how wrong they are, but I would love to see a Players Vote on who the worst in the NBA is, worst defender, worst all-around-player, dumbest guy, etc. Get an idea of who they laugh at

The first annual HERE COMES AUSTIN RIVERS awards or something

who is the league's foremost Mario Chalmers whipping boy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Just illegally download it.

No thank you. Also I really doubt anyone bought it to pirate it in the first place. Seems like a book for angry 50 year old men

EvanTH posted:

like everyone else I don't really like the "players vote" MVP results because it's weird how wrong they are, but I would love to see a Players Vote on who the worst in the NBA is, worst defender, worst all-around-player, dumbest guy, etc. Get an idea of who they laugh at

The first annual HERE COMES AUSTIN RIVERS awards or something

who is the league's foremost Mario Chalmers whipping boy

Finally something to adorn the lonely Singler family mantel

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 26, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Can we just start the series early and make it best of 11?

Please?

I'm bored :(

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/868125563667480576

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

No thank you

Finally something to adorn the lonely Singler family mantle

Okay go get it from the library.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let's talk about our favorite south east Asian foods

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Okay go get it from the library.

This is obnoxious, please stop it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Guess whether Magic means this as a good thing or a bad thing. Hint: it's the stupid answer.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

In terms of Reality-TV style promotion of one's family? Sure why not.

The real scoop is the video inside where Luke Walton says that he's used to Dads with Big Personalities because of his own father, which is the most favorable comparison for LaVar Ball that I've ever heard from anyone other than LaVar Ball.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

Guess whether Magic means this as a good thing or a bad thing. Hint: it's the stupid answer.

Haha Magic saying "if we are lucky enough to have the opportunity to draft him" like he's trying to will him to the Celtics so he doesn't have to worry about it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I had a dream last night that the Pacers traded PG to the Celtics and drafted Fultz. Then I woke up and I was real mad because I know good things can't come to my dumb team.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I had a dream last night that the Pacers traded PG to the Celtics and drafted Fultz. Then I woke up and I was real mad because I know good things can't come to my dumb team.

I'm actually really interested to see what the "new" leadership thinks about the PG situation now that Bird is gone. Do you think they'll panic ship him on draft night?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

Finally something to adorn the lonely Singler family mantel

Singler's got an NCAA Tournament MVP from when he won the championship for Duke in 2010 by defeating Gordon Hayward and the Butler Bulldogs coached by Brad Stevens

it's only standing next to NBA players that makes him look like a wet pile of garbage instead of a star haha

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm actually really interested to see what the "new" leadership thinks about the PG situation now that Bird is gone. Do you think they'll panic ship him on draft night?

Part of me wonders if Bird was kinda forced out because PG is lovely with him and maybe if that's the case I have hope we can keep him. But I'm leaning more towards a lovely trade that we have to make because we know he's gone and we're trying to get back something for him.

I'm not real knowledgable on the CBA, etc. But can PG sign a one year deal and then get his supermax if he makes an All-NBA team in 2019?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Singler's got an NCAA Tournament MVP from when he won the championship for Duke in 2010 by defeating Gordon Hayward and the Butler Bulldogs coached by Brad Stevens

it's only standing next to NBA players that makes him look like a wet pile of garbage instead of a star haha

I actually like him and every time I watch him he makes a decent play and I feel like I'm willing him to do it. It makes me feel very powerful. He should give me some of his money

Part of me wonders if Bird was kinda forced out because PG is lovely with him and maybe if that's the case I have hope we can keep him. But I'm leaning more towards a lovely trade that we have to make because we know he's gone and we're trying to get back something for him.

I'm not real knowledgable on the CBA, etc. But can PG sign a one year deal and then get his supermax if he makes an All-NBA team in 2019?

I think I read that he can get the supermax if he makes All-NBA next year yeah

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I have a random request, what are some good basketball books? Biography, history of the game, anything really.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Loose Balls (the ABA one, not the Jayson Williams one).
https://smile.amazon.com/Loose-Balls-American-Basketball-Association/dp/141654061X?sa-no-redirect=1

Chairchucker posted:

Our favourite players. (It's Rubio.)

word

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

I have a random request, what are some good basketball books? Biography, history of the game, anything really.

Breaks of the Game has always been my favorite

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Breaks of the Game
Loose Balls
Seven Seconds or Less
Playing For Keeps
The Last Shot by Darcy Frey
FreeDarko Presents: The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History
Heaven Is A Playground

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

morestuff posted:

Breaks of the Game
Loose Balls
Seven Seconds or Less
Playing For Keeps
The Last Shot by Darcy Frey
FreeDarko Presents: The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History
Heaven Is A Playground

I like all these books

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Loose Balls is about the ABA and I've heard great things.
I've also heard good things about Shea Serrano's newest book.
There's of course Bill Simmons' book but only approach it if you know you're up to 700 pages of Bill Simmons (I got it as a gift and couldn't finish it)

e: morestuff's list is great

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Furious George: My Forty Years Surviving NBA Divas, Clueless GMs, and Poor Shot Selection

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

EvanTH posted:

Furious George: My Forty Years Surviving NBA Divas, Clueless GMs, and Poor Shot Selection

you have gone too far this time Evan Th

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
As someone who barely watches the NBA except for the playoffs and knows nothing about it I think parity is generally overrated

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
As someone who watches too much NBA I think Parity is overrated.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It would suck if there was only one great team, but when you get to see Cleveland and Golden State face off in the finals every year I couldn't care less how far behind the rest of the league is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I just hope this finals doesn't get lopsided somehow

• Locked thread