Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing that some magical maguffin will bring back Acnologia for a final showdown. His ending felt kind of abrupt.

There's 10 chapters left, so unless we're getting like 7 chapters of "where are they now", something else has to happen besides whatever they do to resolve Zeref's curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He will come back and Zeref and Natsu unleash a brotherly double fire punch to get rid of him for real.

Zeref and Mavis might die.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i am really looking forward to there being no resolution with the god that instigated all of this zeref business, despite the series specifically having god slaying magic users

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
http://readms.net/r/fairy_tail/537/4299/1

loving MAKAROV LIVED!?!?!

God this series is trash.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, at least the god who started all this stupid poo poo should be as annoyed as all the readers at this resolution.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Wut

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Lmao

Makarov: please, sweet jesus, why will you not release me from the never ending hell that is being the guildmaster of this dangerous group of retards

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 26, 2017

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Are we sure that Markarov also isn't under the same curse as Mavis and Zeref? :v:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
What a fucken loser Simon is. Only good guy in the entire series to die. And after he died, the girl he loved was stolen by the loving guy that killed him.

Acnologia also got the short end of the stick. He jobbed to a boat.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 26, 2017

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
gently caress me, this manga is bad. I fully expect Mavis and Zeref to return one last time, Obito-style, for the last tussle with not-quite-dead Acnologia because Fairy Tail seriously can't commit to anything, huh.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Acnologia is the worst baddie ever.

gently caress you Mashima.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well at least I was a quarter right.

I can't believe Makarov undied. It's okay to kill old people, even in shounen, Mashima!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This chapter was good because it featured one person pummeling another person, 10/10

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
So 8 chapters left to dedicate to close up of women's butts. What do you think, beach, hot spring, and sexy dungeon chapter?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's Fairy Tail, there'll be one chapter that covers all 3 and then ends with Zeref reviving despite no mention of it at all up to that point. Next chapter will open on him dying again with no explanation of how and three pages later we'll be on a story about Lucy and Wendy serving in a maid cafe.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This was a Fairy Tail-rear end Fairy Tail chapter

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Harry posted:

So 8 chapters left to dedicate to close up of women's butts. What do you think, beach, hot spring, and sexy dungeon chapter?

Natsu is like kind of sort of still alive and almost assuredly has to save Lucy from whatever happened with the Book.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope everyone dies

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I was actually really enjoying that chapter until Makarov. Like, I thought it was genuinely kind of emotional. Then that happened and it was like "Uh...okay."

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I like Markarov, he's a cute old man and I'm glad he's not dead.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I feel like the love story between Zeref and Mavis would almost be kind of cute and touching if one of the participants didn't have the body of a child. As it is now though, it will never not be creepy.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I feel like the love story between Zeref and Mavis would almost be kind of cute and touching if one of the participants didn't have the body of a child. As it is now though, it will never not be creepy.

To be fair, I think Zeref has the body of someone only a few years older.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Um, Hades made it perfectly clear that Mavis is a grown woman and that's it's totally not a problem, geez

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

Um, Hades made it perfectly clear that Mavis is a grown woman and that's it's totally not a problem, geez

Is hades dead?

is anyone dead (besides Simon and uh, maybe Acnologia?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sure was a short chapter in which Makarov un-died and literally nothing else happened.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao they didn't even kill makarov. mavis and zeref are gonna come back to life with simon in the last chapter at this rate

there's 7 chapters left? acnologia's gonna get off the boat and get friendship punched by the whole guild isn't he

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I mean Zeref is like 16 himself.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean Zeref is like 16 himself.

Zeref is over 400 years old.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Gyges posted:

Zeref is over 400 years old.

I mean right but he looks like 16. Mavis is actually like 200 too.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean right but he looks like 16. Mavis is actually like 200 too.

Does being dead in a crystal count?

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
Here's chapter 538.

Dang I'm super sad Natsu is loving dead forever, with no hope of recovery, in this, the Fairy Tail manga

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Natsu is basically few punch man at this point.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Place bets on the solution:

a) Natsu punches something.

b) Power of Love.

c) Power of Friendship.

d) Previously undisclosed yet overpowered single-use magic.

e) He's not actually gone, he just left to buy a burger for a second.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
I choose d, with the caveat that casting it tragically costs Makarov his life

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

VgameT posted:

I choose d, with the caveat that casting it tragically costs Makarov his life

Again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And also it fails and Natsu stays dead.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's 100% e. Though he may also be picking up a shake for some extra energy when Acnologia shows back up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hopeford posted:

b) Power of Love.

c) Power of Friendship.

I choose all of the above, since they're not mutually exclusive. Natsu popped off for a burger but returns to double fist Acnologia using brass knuckles with "love" and "friends" on them granted as a one time boon by his brother and the First.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Hopeford posted:

b) Power of Love.

c) Power of Friendship.

It's e but instead of getting a burger he went to Lucy's place to continue the gag where he always happens to appear at her place without her permission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

All I want is for Acnologia to come back, but for Ichiya to stay dead.

• Locked thread